IN - Chesney Allen, 5, drowned in pond, Indianapolis, 19 April 2010

Lucy's mom

Reaction score
I certainly hope this is not the case. A 6 year old deliberatley pushing a 5 year old into a pond and she drowns. Whether he did it or not, this boy has major issues (see my bold below).

http://www.theindychannel.com/news/23270387/detail.html

INDIANAPOLIS -- The father of a 5-year-old girl who was found dead in a retention pond on Indianapolis' southwest side said she was pushed by a 6-year-old boy.

The stunning allegation comes a week after the body of Chesney Allen was pulled from a pond near the Valley Brook Mobile Home Park, near Kentucky Avenue and High School Road, on April 19.

Mike Allen said that Chesney's death, tragic by any account, was both deliberate and preventable, 6News' Joanna Massee reported.

"She was knocked in. It was revenge," Allen said. "(She was knocked in) by the boy that was picking on her."

Donna Steele, the mother of the 6-year-old boy, insisted that her son was not involved in Chesney's death and said she didn't know the boy had been accused of bullying the girl.

"They're trying to take the blame off themselves," Steele said. "I think it's stupid for them to be blaming a kid when they could be blaming themselves."

"You don't want to hear what I have to say (to that)," Allen said.

Asked if he thought the boy was capable of killing the girl, Allen replied, "Hell, yes. They're not any different than an adult."

Steele admitted that her son had expressed anger in the past, but said he was just talking and wouldn't intentionally hurt someone.

"He all the time goes around here threatening to kill people, but it's just the way he is," she said.

I certainly hope this is not the case. A 6 year old deliberatley pushing a 5 year old into a pond and she drowns. Whether he did it or not, this boy has major issues (see my bold below).

INDIANAPOLIS -- The father of a 5-year-old girl who was found dead in a retention pond on Indianapolis' southwest side said she was pushed by a 6-year-old boy.

The stunning allegation comes a week after the body of Chesney Allen was pulled from a pond near the Valley Brook Mobile Home Park, near Kentucky Avenue and High School Road, on April 19.

Mike Allen said that Chesney's death, tragic by any account, was both deliberate and preventable, 6News' Joanna Massee reported.

"She was knocked in. It was revenge," Allen said. "(She was knocked in) by the boy that was picking on her."

Donna Steele, the mother of the 6-year-old boy, insisted that her son was not involved in Chesney's death and said she didn't know the boy had been accused of bullying the girl.

"They're trying to take the blame off themselves," Steele said. "I think it's stupid for them to be blaming a kid when they could be blaming themselves."

Asked if he thought the boy was capable of killing the girl, Allen replied, "Hell, yes. They're not any different than an adult."

Steele admitted that her son had expressed anger in the past, but said he was just talking and wouldn't intentionally hurt someone.

"He all the time goes around here threatening to kill people, but it's just the way he is," she said.

:eek:

Hmm.... Both these adults seem whacked to me. What's bold, of course, and also that kids are no different from adults...? A 6-year-old?

What is normal about any six-yr old who goes around threatening to kill people all the time? What is wrong with his mother?
I know this may be an unpopular opinion but some kids are just bad...all serial killers were little kids at one time and most of them were already showing signs of what they would become...JMO.

I was wondering about a fence until I got to the end of the article. I know some places- everywhere I've lived anyway- there are laws that you have to have a fence around your yard if you have a pool. And why were a 5 and 6 year old running around unsupervised anyway?

And it may seem shocking to some people, but I've heard plenty of kids- especially to their siblings, like when they get into their rooms or things- say stuff like "I'm going to kill you, you little brat" or something similar. I know I said it to my sisters growing up. I don't think that makes for a homicidal 6 year old. They repeat what they hear from adults and older kids.

Maybe BOTH parents should have been watching their kids. The only way to know it was deliberate is if someone else was there, and if that was the case then someone else would have been there to help the girl or at least run for help.

Who let's their 5 or 6 year old outside to play alone unsupervisied? I don't even let my 9 year old. Times have changed!

Well, the bolded sentence says it all to me. A six year old going around threatening to kill people? I think the mother should wake up and open her eyes. This six year old is dangerous.

That bolded sentence just about made my eyeballs fall out of my head.

Something isn't right with that little boy.

That bolded sentence just about made my eyeballs fall out of my head.

Something isn't right with that little boy.

Kids say the darnest things.
As of now, I don't think there is any evidence that the six year old did anything.
And unless somebody saw something, I don't think this will go anywhere.

Who let's their 5 or 6 year old outside to play alone unsupervisied? I don't even let my 9 year old. Times have changed!

From what I gather, her older brother took her to play with her friend. But the friend couldn't play, so she was send home. In the link below, her brother said she liked to play near the pond.

"Chesney's brother also made a surprising admission. He said she liked to play at the pond with another neighborhood child.

"She would say that she wouldn't get hurt and I told her to stay away and she wouldn't listen," said Colton."
http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/marion_county/dad-skeptical-about-daughters-drowning

not saying its not true just wonder why dad is so quick to point a finger (without any evidence that i can see).

So Dad not only had his five year old daughter playing unsupervised by an adult, he allowed her do so in an area with standing water, standing water that she was known to be drawn to, and in addition to those factors there was a known bully that frequently threatened to kill people?

Her death is tragic no matter how you look at it, but my immediate reaction is not to blame the six year old. jmo

This sounds to me like a grieving father who needs to blame someone and is blaming the six year old to keep from blaming himself. She should not have been playing there and I have never known any six year olds that can comprehend the meaning of death.

When are people going to start supervising their children? I place the blame squarely at the feet of her parents. Even if the 6 year old did push her in on purpose, he is too young to have realized that she could die from it. IMO

Kids say the darnest things.
As of now, I don't think there is any evidence that the six year old did anything.
And unless somebody saw something, I don't think this will go anywhere.

I'm with you, jjenny. No evidence.

Also - both my boys said nutty, inappropriate things at 5 and 6 - including statements about "killing someone or something" (they got it from Bugs Bunny) so it's hard for me to get hopped up by the mother's statement without knowing more.

Prayers to these families.

This sounds to me like a grieving father who needs to blame someone and is blaming the six year old to keep from blaming himself. She should not have been playing there and I have never known any six year olds that can comprehend the meaning of death.

Me neither.

I'm so sorry joeskidbeck. I didn't mean to practically copy your comment in the very next post. I didn't read all of the comments thoroughly and just saw it.

I'm with you, jjenny. No evidence.

Also - both my boys said nutty, inappropriate things at 5 and 6 - including statements about "killing someone or something" (they got it from Bugs Bunny) so it's hard for me to get hopped up by the mother's statement without knowing more.

Prayers to these families.

Yep. I don't know that the six year old saying that he will kill people necessarily means anything. It certainly does not equal evidence.

RIP Chesney.............

chesneyallen_20100420072218_320_240.JPG

So who puts up with this ? If my kid said he was gonna kill me well.... I don't spank my kids but that would get them one ! And who allows their child to go around saying that and thinks its ok ?

Snip...................................................................................................

"He might all the time say 'I'm gonna kill you,' but he don't mean nothing. He's in kindergarten,” explained the boy's mother. 24-Hour News 8 will not identify the woman to protect the identity of her son.

The woman admitted she heard her son say, "I'm going to kill you."

"He's done it to me and I'm his mother," she said

http://www.wishtv.com/dpp/news/local/marion_county/dad-skeptical-about-daughters-drowning

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak
Back