MO - Forrest Barro Charged With Assaulting 3-month-old Baby, 2010

Riddinx

Former Member
Reaction score
Man Charged With Assault Of 3-Month-Old
POSTED: 10:19 am CDT April 28, 2010
UPDATED: 11:12 am CDT April 28, 2010

23290783_240X259.jpg

KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- A 22-year-old man was charged with second degree assault and endangering the welfare of a child after police said he shook a 3-month-old child.

Forrest Barro was charged Tuesday in Jackson County court.

According to the probable cause statement, the infant and his mother were taken to Children's Mercy Hospital on Monday after the child suffered seizures and had trouble breathing. Doctors told police that the infant had bleeding on the brain and told police they suspected the injuries were not accidental and probably sustained due to someone shaking the baby.

The mother reported that she had left the baby with her boyfriend of two months to go to the store. The mother told police the baby was not injured when she left. When she returned, the mother said she found the child on Barro's lap and noticed he was not breathing and appeared to be having a seizure. The mother called 911 and Barro followed the ambulance to the hospital, but left before police arrived.

The mother told police she didn't know Barro's real name, age, address or phone number. When asked how she contacted him, officers said she reluctantly indicated Barro was using her cell phone. Officers asked the mother to call Barro, who indicated he was in the hospital lobby. When police went to the lobby police said Barro had fled the scene, but was later arrested.

http://www.kctv5.com/news/23290110/detail.html

Are you kidding me?? She didn't know any of his information but he was her boyfriend???

Praying for the babies recovery...

:furious::furious::furious: wil these women NEVER learn?!?!? :banghead:

Okay, so the baby is 3 months old and the boyfriend is 2 months old and she saw no problem with leaving the baby with someone she apparently doesn't even exactly know his name? Yeah, there's a great idea.

Mom’s boyfriend charged in KC shaken-baby case

Police were called to Children’s Mercy Hospital about 2 p.m. Monday, where the boy was treated for brain and retinal bleeding. A woman told police she left her son in the care of her boyfriend of two months in the 500 block of Tracy Avenue for five minutes while she went to the store. When she returned, her son began having seizures.

Court records said Barro initially denied any knowledge of how the boy was injured, but later said he had thrown the boy into the air eight to 10 times. Barro said he saw the boy’s neck snap back at least twice while he was throwing him, according to court records.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/04/28/1909200/moms-boyfriend-charged-in-kc-shaken.html#ixzz0mPqjHYmB

Are you kidding me?? She didn't know any of his information but he was her boyfriend???

Praying for the babies recovery...

Not only was he her boyfriend, but she was just fine with leaving her baby alone with him so she could go shopping,

I am so disgusted with this, time after time this happens. I will continue to believe and speak out that yes, IMO leaving a child with a boyfriend is dangerous!!! Would this have passed a background check to work at a day car? Oh geez I guess she would have needed a bit of information about him to get a background check, things like a name would help!!!!
How many vulnerable children pay the price so momma can have a in her life? I wonder if she would have left the house with a stack of 100.00 bills sitting on the table?

I also hate how charges end up getting down graded when it comes to hurting babies, why 2nd degree anything? We need harsher penalties for the one causing the damage and we need charges for the people who chose to leave a baby with someone who's name you don't even know.

VB

Mom’s boyfriend charged in KC shaken-baby case

Police were called to Children’s Mercy Hospital about 2 p.m. Monday, where the boy was treated for brain and retinal bleeding. A woman told police she left her son in the care of her boyfriend of two months in the 500 block of Tracy Avenue for five minutes while she went to the store. When she returned, her son began having seizures.

Court records said Barro initially denied any knowledge of how the boy was injured, but later said he had thrown the boy into the air eight to 10 times. Barro said he saw the boy’s neck snap back at least twice while he was throwing him, according to court records.

http://www.kansascity.com/2010/04/28/1909200/moms-boyfriend-charged-in-kc-shaken.html#ixzz0mPqjHYmB

BBM - 5 minutes my big toe.

What? You wouldn't leave your baby with "Foe Da Prince"?

It's an old one, but it's him.

http://www.myspace.com/foedaprince

wow. Is that name supposed to even mean anything?

I don't understand. This is the age of the internet. ANYONE is capable of performing background checks. I have a wonderful babysitter I've been using for my Mallory since she was 6 months old. She's got 5 kids of her own, including a son just a year younger than me. I did a background check on her and her husband and her son before taking Mallory, even though I kind of felt guilty doing so because her whole family seemed so nice! Can't be too careful though! I'm so lucky to have this lady to take care of my daughter and will be using her with my daughter on the way as well.

I joke with my mom that any and all potential dates from this point forward must pass a background check - but that's true! You really can't be too careful.

I blame the mother just as much as this piece of you-know-what. How dumb do you really have to be to think that throwing a 3 month old infant would ever be okay?

Sometimes this particular forum makes my blood boil. :furious:

I believe there should be a mandatory sentence for any type of injury to an infant. I am sickened by women who continue to leave their precious babies with something they consider their boyfriends. Absolutely sickening

stephaniestone - You should still be careful. I, too, thought I had the most wonderful babysitter in the world. Her husband was in the army. Wonderful people. Clear background check. Then I found out the husband molested my daughter numerous times when she was 3 years old. It can still happen. I was as over-protective as they come and it still happened.

stephaniestone - You should still be careful. I, too, thought I had the most wonderful babysitter in the world. Her husband was in the army. Wonderful people. Clear background check. Then I found out the husband molested my daughter numerous times when she was 3 years old. It can still happen. I was as over-protective as they come and it still happened.

I'm so sorry

Hmm, I can't find out what happened here but I guess the charges were dropped because Forrest Barro was arrested earlier this year for nonsupport. No mention of any child endangerment or assault charges or anything like that. I really hope the baby recovered.

https://web.mo.gov/doc/offSearchWeb/searchOffender.do
His DOC ID is 1223095

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mhenderson