GA - *ACQUITTED* Tonya Craft, teacher, faced 22 false counts of child molestation

i heard she suspected her daughter of being abused by her ex and when she set up an exam to find out these accusations against her suddenly appeared. then she agreed to take a lie detector test and the day it was to take place they arrested her instead. and the media sold it as 'she refused to take a polygraph'

i heard she suspected her daughter of being abused by her ex and when she set up an exam to find out these accusations against her suddenly appeared. then she agreed to take a lie detector test and the day it was to take place they arrested her instead. and the media sold it as 'she refused to take a polygraph'

That's a good summation, kbl. Actually this is from my "neck of the woods" and I really had been wishing this would not show up here. But, now that it has, I've got to put in my :twocents:

I really believe that this woman is the victom of some serious false charges. Before this is over, Catoosa County, Georgia will be the laughing stock of this nation. I won't go into all of the reasons that I believe she is getting a bad rap, but I will tell you why I hoped it would not be here. When it comes to child molestation, I literally get sick. To me our justice system is a long way from perfect when dealing with pedophiles and normally when I see that someone has been charged with it, I tend to just believe they are guilty and hope they get the maximum sentence. I have always frowned on the belief that "so and so" couldn't have done that, they are way too good of a person. This case has been getting so much press around here that I decided to do some research on it (both sides) and now I do not believe this woman is guilty. Here is just one of very many reasons: The judge on this case represented her husband when she divorced him a few years ago. This man should have recused himself at the very beginnig, but didn't. He put a gag order on the case and then fined one of her defense lawyers because he saw the man getting into a car that had a "Tonya Craft is Innocent" bumber sticker. Said it was a violation of the gag order! Ok, I'll get off my stump now, but if I can answer any questions, I will give it my best. Oh yes, I have emailed the Attorney General of Georgia and asked him to please look into this case.

That's a good summation, kbl. Actually this is from my "neck of the woods" and I really had been wishing this would not show up here. But, now that it has, I've got to put in my :twocents:

I really believe that this woman is the victom of some serious false charges. Before this is over, Catoosa County, Georgia will be the laughing stock of this nation. I won't go into all of the reasons that I believe she is getting a bad rap, but I will tell you why I hoped it would not be here. When it comes to child molestation, I literally get sick. To me our justice system is a long way from perfect when dealing with pedophiles and normally when I see that someone has been charged with it, I tend to just believe they are guilty and hope they get the maximum sentence. I have always frowned on the belief that "so and so" couldn't have done that, they are way too good of a person. This case has been getting so much press around here that I decided to do some research on it (both sides) and now I do not believe this woman is guilty. Here is just one of very many reasons: The judge on this case represented her husband when she divorced him a few years ago. This man should have recused himself at the very beginnig, but didn't. He put a gag order on the case and then fined one of her defense lawyers because he saw the man getting into a car that had a "Tonya Craft is Innocent" bumber sticker. Said it was a violation of the gag order! Ok, I'll get off my stump now, but if I can answer any questions, I will give it my best. Oh yes, I have emailed the Attorney General of Georgia and asked him to please look into this case.

please keep us updated.

i normally stand up for the victims but i think this case is bs.....and i dont blame the girls. i think they are being manipulated. there's a lot of garbage going on here.

please keep us updated.

i normally stand up for the victims but i think this case is bs.....and i dont blame the girls. i think they are being manipulated. there's a lot of garbage going on here.

You are quite right! Tonya's very own daughter is one of the girls who are being manipulated. Tonya has not been able to see her daughter or son since she was arrested. When her daughter was on the witness stand, she said that her mommy had done bad things to her. Said she could not remember what they were, but her daddy said that she did. It's basically the same with all three girls. The woman ( I will not give this woman a title) who questioned the girls does not even have a college degree and when asked about the research she had done on molestation, she could not give the names of one article or author that she had read. This is just too sad. I have been checking my emails all day for a reply from AG Thurbert Baker's office, but so far, no word.

Everyone, please remember this case in your prayers. I do not ask that you pray for Tonya to be found not guilty, only that the truth will come out and the jury will be able to make a sound verdict.
Thanks
Becky

i hope they have a smart jury and not one either rigged or buit on emotion.

if that is the actual testimony i cant see how they can convict.

'daddy said she did' oh come on

You are quite right! Tonya's very own daughter is one of the girls who are being manipulated. Tonya has not been able to see her daughter or son since she was arrested. When her daughter was on the witness stand, she said that her mommy had done bad things to her. Said she could not remember what they were, but her daddy said that she did. It's basically the same with all three girls. The woman ( I will not give this woman a title) who questioned the girls does not even have a college degree and when asked about the research she had done on molestation, she could not give the names of one article or author that she had read. This is just too sad. I have been checking my emails all day for a reply from AG Thurbert Baker's office, but so far, no word.

Everyone, please remember this case in your prayers. I do not ask that you pray for Tonya to be found not guilty, only that the truth will come out and the jury will be able to make a sound verdict.
Thanks
Becky

BBM
Where did this information come from? That is not what I've read thus far....

BBM
Where did this information come from? That is not what I've read thus far....

I am looking for the site where I read this. Please be patient with me as I have been reading everything on this case for three weeks, so it may take a little while to find it.

Here is a link to the testimony of one of the other little girls. When she is asked how she knows something happened to her, she replies "my mommy told me".

http://www.wrcbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=12315163

I will post the link to the other information as soon as I can locate it.

thanks
Becky

http://williamlanderson.blogspot.com/2010/04/mommy-did-terrible-things-to-me.html

This is where I read about her daughter's testimony. Granted, this man is a blogger who happens to be a professor in Maryland. But, judging from his posts, he knows a lot about the legal system and is so very not happy with this case. He seems to think it will have legal repercussions much the same as the NC lacrosse team being accused of rape a few years ago.

After searching for this info all day (along with everything else I've read in the last 3 weeks), I feel like I know a lot more about this case than I ever wanted to!:sick:

I am originally from Chattanooga, and I read the local paper on a daily basis. I have been reading about this case, and am happy to see WS Community has been made aware of it.

I do not know Tonya Craft personally, but I have had a personal experience with one of the judges in this case. Don't take that wrong, my situation was my ex husband trying to get custody of my son when he was sixteen. The man never had anything to do with his kids, but when I filed for for more C/S after being divorced for over 15 years he resorted to trying to claim I was an unfit mother.

It was horrible and the injudices that took place in my situation were the same type of accusations made towards Tonya Craft, so I do have to question "Is this a witch hunt?"

Gosh, didn't mean to go into my story. I just want the WS Community to watch and investigate this case. Please keep following this case everyone because my gut feeling is this woman is not guilty.

Everthing turned out well in my case because my father was well known in the community so I came out ahead and the C/S was raised over 1K a month.

My heart breaks for this woman and I would also like for everyone to keep her in your prayers, because her life has been ruined. Please pray for the truth!

Thank you W/S readers for taking the time to read this!

Tsunami, I'm glad things worked out for you and that your dad's influence was able to help. My daughter went through a situation similar to yours (in this same judicial system). Her ex decided that it would be cheaper to raise their boys than to pay child support (roflmao!) He truly believe that he could trash her reputation and prove her to be an unfit mother. Luckily, his accusations were unfounded and with the help of a very good lawyer she was able to win custody. I guess I would have to say that she got a pretty fair judge also. SO glad it was not the one in Tonya's trial. Like you, I ask for people to pray for the truth, it will set you free!

I don't believe she's guilty either. These families had some sort of vendetta against her and so did the ex. One alleged victim said Tonya Craft put her 4 fingers and thumb into her privates (this is a 5 year old). How many mothers out here think that is even possible?

One of the district attorneys wrote on Facebook something about the defense attorneys being morons, and an "expert" child psychologist or interviewer for the State responded back on FB that she "liked" that statement. That seems like grounds for prosecutorial misconduct to me. The DA's have rolled their eyes, yelled and have done all sorts of things in court that the judge didn't overrule. I think the judge is also biased in this case. Craft is not getting a fair trial in my book.

i still think if they have an unbiased, intelligent jury the states 'testimony' wont hold water.

Tomorrow, Tonya will be taking the stand in her own defense. That's something you don't see very often and I am glad that she's doing it. It will be tough as the prosecution will try to make her look like a total liar. So far, none of the defense's objections have been sustained and none of the prosecutions have been overruled. My hope is that with the expert witnesses that the defense has had on the stand the last few days is that the jury will see just how big a circus this whole fiasco has been.
It's time for the last act and time for Tonya to get her kids and her life back. I dont know her personally and I'm kinda glad that I don't. Have no idea how in the world to give comfort to someone who is actually going through the hell that she is.

I don't believe she's guilty either. These families had some sort of vendetta against her and so did the ex. One alleged victim said Tonya Craft put her 4 fingers and thumb into her privates (this is a 5 year old). How many mothers out here think that is even possible?

One of the district attorneys wrote on Facebook something about the defense attorneys being morons, and an "expert" child psychologist or interviewer for the State responded back on FB that she "liked" that statement. That seems like grounds for prosecutorial misconduct to me. The DA's have rolled their eyes, yelled and have done all sorts of things in court that the judge didn't overrule. I think the judge is also biased in this case. Craft is not getting a fair trial in my book.

I think if this particular child were coached and manipulated her story wouldn't sound so incredible. I find it incredibly difficult to believe 3 children were manipulated into making false allegations against her.

I did see a clip of the father of one of these girls. His testimony was HEARTWRETCHING and 100 percent believable. I am unmoved by her defense thus far....although I do give her lawyers lots of credit, they're doing a really good job. But I remain unconvinced of her innocence.

I would have to see stronger evidence for me to find her guilty. From what I've seen so far there is reasonable doubt. Children lie. Prosecutors can be on a witch hunt.

I would rather err on the side of caution. If I weren't sure and didn't see credible evidence I would rather let a guilty person off than to see an innocent person go to jail for the rest of their lives.

i think we run the risk of labeling every case here as 'guilty as charged' and i'll admit i rush to judgement just by reading thread titles sometimes.

guys can have crocidile tears and be good actors. or maybe they believe the lie so much it becomes the truth.

i havent seen that the 'kids are lying' though. saying 'she must have done it cause daddy says so' (as i hear the testimony goes) is being manipulated by your parent.

I would have to see stronger evidence for me to find her guilty. From what I've seen so far there is reasonable doubt. Children lie. Prosecutors can be on a witch hunt.

I would rather err on the side of caution. If I weren't sure and didn't see credible evidence I would rather let a guilty person off than to see an innocent person go to jail for the rest of their lives.

It's my experience that 5 year old children don't lie and create complete works of fiction beyond their knowledge base. If a 5 year old claims to have been penetrated and can describe sexual acts and be specific about where it occurred ...it happened. That removes most doubt...When THREE girls make similar allegations...it removes all doubt for me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back