GUILTY ME - Christine Courchesne for stabbing 1yo boy, Portland, 2004

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
Police arrested a Portland woman Wednesday on charges of stabbing the 15-month-old son of her best friend and then setting a fire to destroy evidence.

Police charged Christine Courchesne, 24, with elevated aggravated assault and arson a day after Kayd'n Neves was stabbed seven times at the Brookfield Terrace apartments in Portland. His family said the toddler will survive the attack, which punctured a lung and kidney and cut his diaphragm.

"He is a very lucky one," said Tiffiny Post, 29, Kayd'n's mother.

The stabbing and the arrest of Courchesne stunned Post and her family, who are trying to understand why a close friend is now accused of stabbing a toddler she baby-sat.

Post said she and Courchesne were inseparable. They have been friends for four years and lived in the same apartment complex on Auburn Street. Kayd'n played with Courchesne's daughter, and the two women took care of each other's child.

http://pressherald.mainetoday.com/news/local/040722stabbing.shtml

deputylinda said:
i smell crack cocaine.
That must be one BIG nose you have Linda. ;) :angel: :innocent:
(I'll slap myself. :slap: )

As for the story, they should throw away the key. OMG poor little toddler.

Sept 2004:

In a case he characterized as “bizarre,” a judge has denied bail to a Portland woman accused of stabbing her best friend’s 15-month-old child and then setting a fire to cover up the crime.

Superior Court Justice Roland Cole tried to order a psychiatric evaluation for the defendant, Christine Courchesne, 27, but her lawyer blocked the order, saying his client’s mental health was not at issue.

Cole said he would reserve the right to order an evaluation later...

"This is a very unusual case,” Cole said. “Some very unusual testimony was produced here today. The situation is unusual or bizarre.”

https://archive.bangordailynews.com/2004/09/11/bail-denied-in-bizarre-case-of-toddler-stabbing/

All those charges and only 4 years in prison?? This makes no logical sense to me.

What a crazy case...only 4 years..hopefully she is not mentally competent..I don't see any other reason she would only get 4 years.

I do believe this is the daughter Christine of Alene “lulu” Courchesne. Unsolved murder in Rochester NH. The dates all match up

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back