http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...ing-Utahn.html

Previous Threads:

Thread #1 Thread #2

Thread #3 Thread #4

Thread #5 Thread #6

Thread #7 Thread #8

Thread #9 Thread #10

Thread #11

Does anyone know if the PI is a member of WS..?

Has anyone heard anything from him? Any more tips that might be
worthwhile?

Does anyone know if the PI is a member of WS..?

Has anyone heard anything from him? Any more tips that might be
worthwhile?

I don't think he's a member, but someone is telling him what we discuss here.

I don't think he's a member, but someone is telling him what we discuss here.

He doesn't have to register, to read here.

In fact, he told me (in an email, right after the search) about reading something here.

That's the old flyer, isn't it?

The new version is here. It's courtesy of one of our graphics-talented WSers (ms_writer?), and hosted on the timeline.

The old one says his passport is missing.
Neither mentions that his car keys are missing.

It is the one on the timeline, directly below his pic. Says "print a flyer" I'm guilty of not reading it. Should it be changed to the new flyer? That is the one that kind of jumps out at you on the timeline.

Please tell me you changed that Laytonian and I am not losing my mind?

It is the one on the timeline, directly below his pic. Says "print a flyer" I'm guilty of not reading it. Should it be changed to the new flyer? That is the one that kind of jumps out at you on the timeline.

I got the new version, by clicking on "Print a Flyer". BUT....when I clicked on the picture, I was linked to the klas.tv story, that contained a link to the old version.

That was easy to fix. No more clickable picture.

See! We DID have something to figure out today!
And you figured it out!

Please tell me you changed that Laytonian and I am not losing my mind?

I didn't change "Print a Flyer". Really.

All I did, just now, is remove the link that popped up when the *picture* was clicked on. That led to KLAS's news story with the old version.

It seems as if it is like pulling teeth to get people to post memories on FB. Where on earth is everyone that knew him?

It seems as if it is like pulling teeth to get people to post memories on FB. Where on earth is everyone that knew him?

There needs to be a way to put the announcement up top on the wall, so everyone sees it.

Although we don't know everything that Steven did the month prior to his disappearance, it looks like he spent his time in St. George - or with family or friends....until 12/09 - 10.

On 12/09, the timeline shows.....

1. the call from Mr. Koecher to Steven about the past due rent,
2. a call between Steven and his sister where no travel plans are mentioned, and
3. the documentation that Steven attended Ward Temple Night at 6:30 pm.

I wish we knew the times of the calls. Was the call between SK and his
sister before the call from RK to SK? because, in that case, it wouldn't matter that he did not mention travel plans.

I wish we knew the content of the call between SK and his father.

Then.....sometime after Ward Temple Night (12/09/09)....the timeline documents totally different behavior....

Steven is now traveling all over Utah and parts of Nevada.....he is in

St. George, UT
SLC, UT
West Wendover, NV
Ruby Valley, NV
SLC, UT
Springville, UT
Nephi, UT
St. George, UT

He is back in St. George on 12/11/09

On 12/12/09, the traveling continues....although I have no idea what he did on this trip. It would be 78 miles out and back.

Overton, NV -
Mesquite, NV -
St. George, UT

On 12/13/09, Steven is in Las Vegas and in Henderson, NV and then he is gone...!

Was the call from RK the first time recently that Steven had pressure to perhaps grow up and be responsible (my words and thoughts). Was this the call that booted him in the butt? Parents do that..! Did he pray about all of this and decide he had just a short amount of time to get his act together before seeing the family for Christmas...and that God would support him?

The first thing he might have done is try to go see AN and/or her parents...looking for a potential wife. He may have needed the support of a girlfriend/wife in order to be successful with any future plans.

The second part may have been going to see about a job. How much relief there would have been if he brought a girlfriend home for Christmas time and also had a job offering...!

Of course, all of this may be totally off. By now I think family has much more information.....those little details.....documents that show date, time and place...and conversations with those he talked with that last week.
We are still considered "the internet strangers" and I doubt there is much trust there. Yet so many of us are moms and dads who would really like to help.

I personally have known of some Mormon friends who go to the temple for "inspiration" and even personal "revelations from God". They are very sincere about it and take it very seriously. I know one single woman who told me that it was revealed to her in the temple that a widowed man she knew should marry her and that it was revealed to her by the deceased wife of the man. She told the widower and they were married. With this kind of belief system I think it might be possible that Steven had a very profound experience in the Mormon temple that night and felt he needed to act on it...whatever "it" may have been...

The coats in the car have always bothered me. In checking on the temperature for 12/10/09 in West Wendover, NV, the temp was 15-17 degrees F. The coats must have been used as blankets during his travel.

Temperature:
Mean Temperature 16 °F -
Max Temperature 17 °F
Min Temperature 15 °F

http://www.wunderground.com/history...st+Wendover&req_state=NV&req_statename=Nevada

He had pillows, too. I don't know why he wouldn't throw in a blanket or two...but maybe the coats served dual purposes?

ETA: Thanks for looking up the weather. That would have been a dark, semi-blustery drive that night....and there's very few rest areas along that route.

Although we don't know everything that Steven did the month prior to his disappearance, it looks like he spent his time in St. George - or with family or friends....until 12/09 - 10.

On 12/09, the timeline shows.....

1. the call from Mr. Koecher to Steven about the past due rent,
2. a call between Steven and his sister where no travel plans are mentioned, and
3. the documentation that Steven attended Ward Temple Night at 6:30 pm.

I wish we knew the times of the calls. Was the call between SK and his
sister before the call from RK to SK? because, in that case, it wouldn't matter that he did not mention travel plans.

I wish we knew the content of the call between SK and his father.

Then.....sometime after Ward Temple Night (12/09/09)....the timeline documents totally different behavior....

Steven is now traveling all over Utah and parts of Nevada.....he is in

St. George, UT
SLC, UT
West Wendover, NV
Ruby Valley, NV
SLC, UT
Springville, UT
Nephi, UT
St. George, UT

He is back in St. George on 12/11/09

On 12/12/09, the traveling continues....although I have no idea what he did on this trip. It would be 78 miles out and back.

Overton, NV -
Mesquite, NV -
St. George, UT

On 12/13/09, Steven is in Las Vegas and in Henderson, NV and then he is gone...!

Was the call from RK the first time recently that Steven had pressure to perhaps grow up and be responsible (my words and thoughts). Was this the call that booted him in the butt? Parents do that..! Did he pray about all of this and decide he had just a short amount of time to get his act together before seeing the family for Christmas...and that God would support him?

The first thing he might have done is try to go see AN and/or her parents...looking for a potential wife. He may have needed the support of a girlfriend/wife in order to be successful with any future plans.

The second part may have been going to see about a job. How much relief there would have been if he brought a girlfriend home for Christmas time and also had a job offering...!

Of course, all of this may be totally off. By now I think family has much more information.....those little details.....documents that show date, time and place...and conversations with those he talked with that last week.
We are still considered "the internet strangers" and I doubt there is much trust there. Yet so many of us are moms and dads who would really like to help.

We definitely are, and I think we see our own family dynamics at play. No matter what your belief system, a family IS a family....with love, attachments, disappointments, and occasional arguments.

I just hope there isn't a sense of guilt driving the search for Steven, because it may hamper actually finding him.

He had pillows, too. I don't know why he wouldn't throw in a blanket or two...but maybe the coats served dual purposes?

ETA: Thanks for looking up the weather. That would have been a dark, semi-blustery drive that night....and there's very few rest areas along that route.

The timeline says the car contained blankets, coats, pillows, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam