Tybee -help us on the barracuda story

otisred

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
Visit site
i could not find this posted , but I heard an AP news story that a Tybee Island charter fishing boat had a 30 pound barricuda jump onto the boat and
bite a 60-year-old man on the hand . Report was the fish sailed through the air 25-30 feet and landed on this guy ,chewing his hand up. I know Tybee lives there,so maybe has the scoop. What is the deal with all the dog,alligator, shark, and fish attacks recently? :eek:
Tybee, I know you live in paradise on Tybee,but I think I'd be looking for a
safer home like off Abercorn in South Savannah....just kidding of course.
I once knew an idiot golfer who drank a beer for every bogey at Hunter AAF golf course. By the time he got to the 14 th hole,he was always blasted,and loved to pull a sunning alligator's tail by a pond there . The alligator always spun around like lightning to snap at the golfer. He never caught him while I was there....
lucky for the guy. I could hardly watch.

in this same forum, see thread "here's one for tybee". also, did you hear about the woman who lost her arm to a gator on wed.? awful.

LOL South Savanna? Around here we call that North Jacksonville. Im thinking that Barracuda was as sick as tourists as I am this year lol. Ive seen a few id like to bite and send home.

the woman who was attacked by the alligator wed. died of wounds and infection friday.

tybee204 said:
Im thinking that Barracuda was as sick as tourists as I am this year lol. Ive seen a few id like to bite and send home.

Fair warning to stay away from flying barracudas and Tybee204
:croc: and I suppose Tybee island too....... just inquiring about the tourist who was bitten on Miss Judy's Charter boat by a flying barracuda,because it was so bizarre=guess he had it coming. We once sailed by there on a friend's boat,flew over the island a few times. I suppose I never thought of it as any type tourist destination that was in any way bothersome to locals. That's been a long time ago. Times change I suppose. :innocent:

LOL Otis i just get cranky when it takes me an hour and ahalf to get over the bridge. June, July and August is very busy here and lately I spend 2 hours a day picking up diapers, glass and everything else you can imagine being discarded on the beach.
Most of the visitors are great fun, but a certain percentage has no regard for anything.

Miss Judy is fabulous, she just spotted a 30+foot whale shark off Tybee. her website is
www.missjudycharters.com

I havent heard more on the man that was injured but I will be sure to ask when i next see Miss Judy.

tybee204 said:
LOL Otis i just get cranky when it takes me an hour and ahalf to get over the bridge. June, July and August is very busy here and lately I spend 2 hours a day picking up diapers, glass and everything else you can imagine being discarded on the beach.
Most of the visitors are great fun, but a certain percentage has no regard for anything.

Miss Judy is fabulous, she just spotted a 30+foot whale shark off Tybee. her website is
www.missjudycharters.com

I havent heard more on the man that was injured but I will be sure to ask when i next see Miss Judy.
Hi Tybee....you got the right to be cranky,waiting on the bridge....you with that beautiful baby. And people should pick up after themselves. We were taught to leave lakes,beaches, parks, and other public places cleaner than when we came. I guess some do not respect the citizens there and the community. It truly is a paradise. Thanks for the link. I did think it was strange hearing that story on the radio this AM and immediately thought of you there.
Watch out for flying barracudas!!!!! :D

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back