Rear Gear....Now I've seen it all!

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
"Is your pet feeling left in the dirt because of his/her unsightly rear? I've got them covered... Rear Gear is handmade in Portland, OR and offers a cheerful solution to be-rid your favorite pet's un-manicured back side.

Rear Gear comes in many designs including a disco ball, air freshener, heart, flower, biohazard, smiley face, number one ribbon, cupcake, sheriff's badge, dice, and you can even make yours custom, so there's a Rear Gear for everyone"

http://www.geekologie.com/2009/12/ive_seen_it_all_now_animal_aho.php

There's even a picture:)

roflmao!

lol, oh my. I can now say with absolute certainty - I have seen it all.

lol, oh my. I can now say with absolute certainty - I have seen it all.

Me, too. Plus, I am embarrassed to let all of y'all know that my dog loves butts.....his own and any others he comes across.....my poor doggie is obviously a perv.

:)blushing:)

Me, too. Plus, I am embarrassed to let all of y'all know that my dog loves butts.....his own and any others he comes across.....my poor doggie is obviously a perv.

My dogs are the same way! Gross huh?

I'm wondering if the "inventor" has gotten this BRILLIANT little thingy patented? Can you even imagine ??? rofl!

All dogs love butt, thats a known fact.

OT but I just had to go buy my son and husband new undershorts. Our Great Pyrenees keeps eating their shorts. DH asked me how come he never eats mine or DD to which I responded without missing a beat - we must wipe better!

Yeah, sniffing each others behinds are the dogs way of " meet & greet", so to speak.

What I wonder is just what info do they get about the other dog by doing this? Anyway these butt covers would certainly ruin a dogs social life.

OT but I just had to go buy my son and husband new undershorts. Our Great Pyrenees keeps eating their shorts. DH asked me how come he never eats mine or DD to which I responded without missing a beat - we must wipe better!

That is hilarious!

Yeah, sniffing each others behinds are the dogs way of " meet & greet", so to speak.

What I wonder is just what info do they get about the other dog by doing this? Anyway these butt covers would certainly ruin a dogs social life.

I read a book written from a dog's point of view....it was a good read, and the main doggy explained that you can tell if the dog you are meeting is a street dog or a man's dog just from a quick sniff. Also what they have been eating, whether they consider themselves alpha or not, etc. etc. etc.

Yep, these little butt covers could ruin a doggy's social life, for sure!

Stupid idea and I just can not see anyone who really loves their dog ordering this.

IMO it does nothing for the dog's health or well being. As y'all have stated, it prevents what they do naturally.

At least they just hang and don't screw in. :eek:

I wonder why cats don't like women's crotches?

Also, it's not a question of "wiping better" it's the hair down there. 'Nuff said.

ahole-cover-3.jpg

The designs are stupid. They should have designs like puppies crawling out or a cat screaming for help. That would be funny!!

What happens when poochie finally goes with it on his tail. :sick:

I am sorry but I am not about to get close enough to my dogs behind to attach that stupid little slip of paper to it, besides, with my dogs, I would need a couple of extra larges, thsoe little things would get lost in there.

I am sorry but I am not about to get close enough to my dogs behind to attach that stupid little slip of paper to it, besides, with my dogs, I would need a couple of extra larges, thsoe little things would get lost in there.

In this case you could purchase the car airfresh things. Pine would probably be a dogs fave, not cherry. ;P

Who cleans the freshener after use?

(My dog would tear this thing to shreds. Nothing on or near her behind!)

I guess I can understand the reasoning behind this invention ("Isn't it enough that I'm a dirty, ugly bleep, I don't want to look at one!") but I can't imagine any dog loving this contraption very much. If I put one of those on my dog I would be nervous that if his nature suddenly calls I'm not there in time to remove the rear gear in advance and then I'd have to deal with an extremely icky feature. I would never look at flower designs the same way.

What is it about a pet's nether regions that makes a human look at it and think "hmmmm, Fido's butt is just screaming for a car air-freshener-type thingie covering... like a tree shaped one... or a flower shaped one... yeah, that's it. That would be so awesome... so awesome that I will take pictures with my dog's butt at my face, while I grin and give a thumbs up. Just call me the Steve Jobs of Poochie Butt Concealment."

The things people do... LoL especially to their pets. But at least it is not as bizarre as the pet faux testicles plastic surgery that supposedly gives male pets their "dignity" back after getting fixed... LoL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back