Dow Plunges more then 900 points!

Markets are plunging again Down 498 points!

"The market is now realizing that Greece is going to go through a depression over the next couple of years," said Peter Boockvar, equity strategist at Miller Tabak. "Europe is a major trading partner of ours, and this threatens the entire global growth story."
The stock market has had periodic bouts of anxiety about the European economies during the past few months. They have intensified over the past week even as Greece appeared to be moving closer to getting a bailout package from some of its neighbors.
The fear now is that other countries will also be overwhelmed by their debt, and the recovery that is in its early stages will be wiped out. That would almost inevitably affect the U.S. recovery.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36983596/ns/business-stocks_and_economy/

It was awful. Watching it live was unbelievable.

The initial drop took 15 Minutes. Then finally started to regain. But now has begun to drop again.

So unstable, now its bouncing back. Numbers are all over the dang place!

Interday trading makes it hard to predict how the market will end at the end of the day. It might recover and gain or it might not.

IMHO, (very humble) the market corrections have not finished from before, and the market is probably going to have a major correction. I wouldn't have put my money back in the market yet. (I'm not a gambler at my age, but I would advise my 19 yr old son to do so if he wanted because he has 40 some odd years for the market to recover before he retires).

All of the investments we have right now are not appreciating very much. CD's, Bonds etc. We will not put our money back into the market for a long time more than likely.

I feel bad for the investors that haven't pulled back into conservative options or they don't have that option do that. They are losing money hand over fist. Sad.

The drop was due to a faulty proctor and gamble stock quote. Not sure if there are going to be anymore drops tomorow. There expecting it to crash again tomorow.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fatbtgurlz
Back