GUILTY MO - Rey Cruz, 1, beaten to death, Kansas City, 5 May 2010

CHICANA

Reaction score
Man accused of torturing 1-year-old son, who has been declared brain dead

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/07/1932305/man-accused-of-torturing-1-year.html#ixzz0nM7gJZ6g

Police were called to the boy’s home in the 1300 block of Monroe Avenue about 2:35 a.m. Thursday. They found the boy struggling to breathe. He had bruises “all over his body,” according to court records.

Doctors found brain swelling. He also had 10 rib fractures, bruises to his genitals and hemorrhaging to his eyes.

Read more: http://www.kansascity.com/2010/05/07/1932305/man-accused-of-torturing-1-year.html#ixzz0nMDGkitX

---It says he was frustrated. Mom's in prison and he was staying with relatives. Apparently moving from place to place and having no permanent residence.

Poor baby, dad's frustrated because he won't quite crying probably because he was in pain from the daily abuse. I'd be banned if I used the word I wanted for this .

My grandson is 15 months and last weekend when he spent the night, boy was he fussy. His poor baby gums were so swollen with all four molars about to break through. Some baby motrin and anbesol and he was his usual entertaining self, turning off the TV in the middle of the game my husband was watching and running as fast as his baby legs would carry him. This is one of his favorite pastimes.
If you find it easier to hit them than take care of them, you shouldn't have them.

Why why why ?

He admitted to pushing the boy down two times when he was trying to teach him how to WALK? Whaaaaaat?:furious:

Rey Cruz also admitted among other cruel beatings he gave this poor baby that he squeezed his abdomen and threw him on the floor where he continued to beat him.

Oh well maybe now he'll have some "peace" in prison. Oh I hope the same thing happens to him in there and let's see if he cries.

Chicana enjoy your dear grandbaby. That's funny he turned the game off.:angel:

WTH!! I am dumbstruck about this story. Am sitting here with my mouth open and not able to comprehend what the heck is happening to these poor children........there is no possible explanation for this behavior........some people should never be allowed to live free.....and don't give me any of the carp that they are "stressed".....that floats no boat! I can just about hear some sorry sadsack defense attorney trying to paint this &^%$ piece of dirt as some poor sap that was "abused" when he was young so it is not his fault! Sorry if I am out of line but this story just set me off.......I will now exit, stage left.....

so sad. Already had one strike against him, mom in prison. If only dad could have been a dad to count on rather than a monster to fear. RIP little man.

Every time I read these stories, I remember when my babies were "that" age. When you look back you remember their cute little faces and smiles - think that's the best age. My first baby had colic for three months, I had no sleep cause even if she wasn't crying, I dreamed she was. Never ever was I mad at her - just so sorry her tummy hurt. I can never understand beating and punching a baby but to do it because they cry? Ya think they won't cry after that? Clearly unstable guy, too bad friends and relatives couldn't see this coming or stop it when it did.

so sad. Already had one strike against him, mom in prison. If only dad could have been a dad to count on rather than a monster to fear. RIP little man.

it wasnt a strike against him who his mom was. nor was it a strike against him who his dad was.

we dont ask to be born into the families we are :(

it wasnt a strike against him who his mom was. nor was it a strike against him who his dad was.

we dont ask to be born into the families we are :(

Amen to that. My parents are both deceased and I don't speak to any of my siblings. They're not good people (with the exception of my schizophrenic sister who my 'evil' sister has guardianship of). They're damaging and I don't want my kids around them. Being much younger, I didn't grow up with them.
I don't understand why there are so many of these cases, babies are so amazing at this age. I don't get anything done when I have my grandson because it's so much fun to watch him. My husband was telling him to sit down in the chair and pretending to 'yell' at him in Spanish that he was going to fall. Blake would yell back "nuh uh" so my husband is now sure he understands Spanish. I didn't have the heart to tell him that he responds "nuh uh" to everything except food.
He was pushing the broom around and I told him he was a nice baby for helping nana clean and he told me "nuh uh".
I'm getting way off topic, I'm just tired of seeing this happen over and over again.

Amen to that. My parents are both deceased and I don't speak to any of my siblings. They're not good people (with the exception of my schizophrenic sister who my 'evil' sister has guardianship of). They're damaging and I don't want my kids around them. Being much younger, I didn't grow up with them.
I don't understand why there are so many of these cases, babies are so amazing at this age. I don't get anything done when I have my grandson because it's so much fun to watch him. My husband was telling him to sit down in the chair and pretending to 'yell' at him in Spanish that he was going to fall. Blake would yell back "nuh uh" so my husband is now sure he understands Spanish. I didn't have the heart to tell him that he responds "nuh uh" to everything except food.
He was pushing the broom around and I told him he was a nice baby for helping nana clean and he told me "nuh uh".
I'm getting way off topic, I'm just tired of seeing this happen over and over again.

lol i needed the laugh, thanks :)

It's finally happened. I'm out of comprehension. I can't make this one make sense. Kids are so much fun at that stage, they are fun to just watch, and an absolute joy to play with. Completely filled with wonder about everything and finally learning what their little bodies can do....I hate people like this guy.

I love how they noted him as the 38th homicide of the year, poor little man lost his life, and apparently the media feels it is necessary to already reduce him to a statistic.

I'm beyond the point of outrage/horror and into numb now

how can we make sense of the incomprehensible?

ETA: not-my-kids: just realized I posted almost word for word what you wrote in your first line but I feel exactly the same way

we dont ask to be born into the families we are
:(

BBM

I respectfully disagree. It was most definately a strike against him growing up to lead a healthy well adjusted life. Mom being in prison caused a lack of stability and robbed him of a mother to nurture him.

And it was a FATAL strike against him who his dad was.

NO, we don't ask to be born into the families we are but it certainly didn't work out to his benefit that he was born into this one. It cost him his life.

MOO

BBM

I respectfully disagree. It was most definately a strike against him growing up to lead a healthy well adjusted life. Mom being in prison caused a lack of stability and robbed him of a mother to nurture him.

And it was a FATAL strike against him who his dad was.

NO, we don't ask to be born into the families we are but it certainly didn't work out to his benefit that he was born into this one. It cost him his life.

MOO

so your saying if he hadnt died that he would have grown up to be worthless, a criminal or worse? that we cant overcome the circumstances of our birth?

i dont agree with that at all :(

so your saying if he hadnt died that he would have grown up to be worthless, a criminal or worse? that we cant overcome the circumstances of our birth?

i dont agree with that at all :(

You misunderstand kbl8201. That is not what I mean when I say "strike against him" It is no judgment at all as to who he could have become, who he would have been, how he would have lived. It is simply a way to describe his lack of an opportunity to have a stable two parent home where he shoud have been nurtured and given the opportunity to grow up at ALL.

Strike against him, does not in any way shape or form reflect on him but rather a comment on the bad breaks this poor kid had and how that ultimately the combinations of those bad breaks thrust upon him by life resulted in his never getting to grow up at all.

You and I are very often in agreement in our posts and have similar sentiments so I am really shocked that the above post is what you took away from my post because that was not at all what I was implying. I am sorry if my posts inadvertantly touched some sort of nerve, but I assure you whatever you took from my posts on this case are NOT what I was expressing.

I would ask you to please point out where in any of my posts on this matter that I have said anything at all unflattering, hateful, judgemental, etc about the poor child. If it is there I will be the first to go and delete it.

sorry tl when i see 'robbed him of a chance to lead a happy well adjusted life" its like hearing the ol 'abuse excuse' and stereotyping of victims that gets me so angry. im sorry i misread you.

The charges haven't been upgraded to murder yet on case net. I think the 5/3 date indicates when the abuse reportedly started.
Description: Assault 1st Degree - Serious Physical Injury { Felony A RSMo: 565.050 }
Date: 05/03/2010 Code: 1301100
OCN: 32053384 Arresting Agency: KANSAS CITY PD
Next Charge/Judgment
Description: Endangering Welfare Of Child - 1st Degree { Felony C RSMo: 568.045 }
Date: 05/03/2010 Code: 2604500
OCN: 32053384 Arresting Agency: KANSAS CITY PD

05/10/2010 Docket Entry: Bond Set
Text: BOND AMOUNT IS $250,000 CASH ONLY NO CONTACT WITH VICTIM

Baby's mom has been updating her myspace regularly. I just don't get this. Is it because I'm old ? If my child was dead, I don't think I'd be coherent enough to update anything. He was a beautiful little boy.

http://www.myspace.com/theerod

Baby's mom has been updating her myspace regularly. I just don't get this. Is it because I'm old ? If my child was dead, I don't think I'd be coherent enough to update anything. He was a beautiful little boy.

http://www.myspace.com/theerod

I don't know. A couple of hours ago I would have totally agreed with you. BUT, my grandson was hit by a car about 8:00 tonight. He lives in Montana and I am in Washington. I am so sick that I am still up even though we have been told he will live. But my first inclination was to get on here and on Facebook and share what had happened. I DIDN'T do so for fear someone would criticize me. But I still so need to talk. So I don't know. I think if he were dead, I would be too gone to talk........I'm pretty close to that right now......but I just don't know.

If anyone is a grand, they know that love their grands as much as their own...........maybe more. And right NOW, all I wish is that I had a friend to talk to and none of the real ones are awake. Perhaps that is what cyberfriends are for.

Anyway, this is likely NOT a similar situation. My grand has never been abused; his mother and I would be in jail if he had been. Nevertheless, I feel a bit inclined to be less judgmental than I would have been a few hours ago.

I don't know. A couple of hours ago I would have totally agreed with you. BUT, my grandson was hit by a car about 8:00 tonight. He lives in Montana and I am in Washington. I am so sick that I am still up even though we have been told he will live. But my first inclination was to get on here and on Facebook and share what had happened. I DIDN'T do so for fear someone would criticize me. But I still so need to talk. So I don't know. I think if he were dead, I would be too gone to talk........I'm pretty close to that right now......but I just don't know.

If anyone is a grand, they know that love their grands as much as their own...........maybe more. And right NOW, all I wish is that I had a friend to talk to and none of the real ones are awake. Perhaps that is what cyberfriends are for.

Anyway, this is likely NOT a similar situation. My grand has never been abused; his mother and I would be in jail if he had been. Nevertheless, I feel a bit inclined to be less judgmental than I would have been a few hours ago.
:praying:
Prayers for your grandson, and you, too.
My daughter was hit by a car 3 years ago. It was the worse thing to go through and I didn't settle down until I saw her. Hoping you were able to get some rest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back