2010.05.08 Since January do you see forward movement in the Investigation of Haleigh

grandmaj

Former Member
Reaction score
In January we had the drug arrests. In April we had Shell Harbor. Do you think these events are moving the investigation closer to a conclusion? Do you think LE is close to making arrests? In your opinion will Haleigh ever be found?

Bashing will result in thread closing.

I would hope so Grandmaj, but I don't think so. I think Misty and Ron are the only ones who know the complete truth and since I think Misty is directly involved with Haleigh's demise, she'll never talk.

Prove me wrong, PLEASE prove me wrong. :praying:

At least LE admitted that they think this is a homicide investigation instead of the noncommittal they have no reason to suspect that she is not alive, or however they phrased it before.

I'm hopeful that the reason they are taking their time pressing charges is because the suspects aren't going anywhere and LE can afford to spend the time to get all their ducks in the row, instead of not pressing charges because it wouldn't stick anyway.

I'm not confident that they'll ever find Haleigh's remains. If she was placed in the river or buried somewhere non-obvious or, God forbid, thrown in a dumpster somewhere, the chances are there is not a whole lot to be found at this point, even if they knew where to look.

No, all I see are the circles that LE and Company are running in.
IMO

At least LE admitted that they think this is a homicide investigation instead of the noncommittal they have no reason to suspect that she is not alive, or however they phrased it before.

I'm hopeful that the reason they are taking their time pressing charges is because the suspects aren't going anywhere and LE can afford to spend the time to get all their ducks in the row, instead of not pressing charges because it wouldn't stick anyway.

I'm not confident that they'll ever find Haleigh's remains. If she was placed in the river or buried somewhere non-obvious or, God forbid, thrown in a dumpster somewhere, the chances are there is not a whole lot to be found at this point, even if they knew where to look.

I too am hopeful that LE has a real good picture of what happened to Haleigh and by whom. I am quite certain they have a much clearer picture than we do. But these guys (Croslins) are really good at keeping the mud stirred up around them and the truth still evades me! Nothing that has happened since Jan has shaken my original convictions about this case. Too much imphasis on the Croslins and not enough on the Cummings/Sykes bunch.

I think that LE is just not in a hurry because they aren't going anywhere. A witness or confession is what they are waiting for. Not sure they are gonna get it.

No, all I see are the circles that LE and Company are running in.
IMO
I think the Shell Harbor "hunt" was another big lie to lead LE in circles. I wished ToC attorney would state what it was on the polygraph that led LE to the Shell Harbor.

I was feeling quite optimistic a couple of weeks ago when there was a bevy of activity: the St. John's River search, LE announcing publicly that HaLeigh was likely deceased, that the case was likely a homicide, and meeting with family members. I truly expected to see prompt arrests and/or charges filed against assorted Persons Of Interest. My optimism has waned slightly, but I will try to remain patient while hoping and praying that we will eventually see justice for HaLeigh.

To me, the events since January are a continutation of the feeling I've had since August which I liken to a ferris wheel ride, lots of stops and starts as one anxiously awaits the rise to the apex.

I do think the drug arrests sparked some progress in the investigation. Tommy submitted to and failed a LDT, which tells me he knows something, and I think that something led LE to Shell Harbor and LE's determination that a homicide took place. I just don't think he can provide the whole picture. I've been holding out hope that once an analysis of evidence turned up at the search is concluded, we will see an arrest (or arrests). But with each passing day, my hope wanes. Any evidence they found must be vague, at best. I'm also doubtful that Haleigh's remains will be recovered if she was, in fact, placed in the water, which is what I believe happened.

I'm trying to remain optimistic that the case will eventually reach a satisfactory conclusion, but I'm constantly reminded of little Jon Benet Ramsey and the mountain of other unsolved cases. On the other hand, with the number of parties involved and the bargaining power granted to LE by their incarceration and pending charges, well...just maybe someone will cave and fill in blanks. Meanwhile, like everyone else, I'm waiting with breathless anticipation for this dang ride to get rolling.

It took too long to get these 3 locked up, & in the meantime, they were out committing crimes. If Joe or anybody else is involved, LE can't really justify not arresting them. It's been so long, I really wonder if they are running in circles.

Yes, I see progress. While LE may think they know what happened to Haleigh and who is responsible, the issue is having enough to go to court and get a conviction. The case is clearly not "cold" and that gives me hope that LE is moving toward a resolution.

There's been too little movement. If LE has enough to call it a homicide, what do they need to make arrests? I understand remains would be important, but cases have gone forward without them and convictions have been made. Another problem is media apathy in this case. Those recent tapes that SB had on his site have been around for a while so why are no other media outlets requesting and/or publishing more tapes. Very frustrating and I am not as optimistic as I was last month. All IMO

I too was hopeful that we were getting close but it seems to be very quiet. But as with most of what has happened in this case there have been long periods of quiet and then we get hit with a flurry.

What do you all think is going on? You know the old saying to be a fly on the wall. I'd love to be one inside that Haleigh Room at Putnam County SO.

I think maybe testing is going on with whatever they might have found at the boat dock or in the woods. Maybe a case review is ongoing to see how the newest information compares with what has been said from day one. Is there any cross over half truths etc.

Perhaps they are waiting for a Grand Jury session? I do believe we are lots closer in the last month than we had been. I also believe someone(s) will be charged. But when? I can't begin to guess.

To me, the events since January are a continutation of the feeling I've had since August which I liken to a ferris wheel ride, lots of stops and starts as one anxiously awaits the rise to the apex.

I do think the drug arrests sparked some progress in the investigation. Tommy submitted to and failed a LDT, which tells me he knows something, and I think that something led LE to Shell Harbor and LE's determination that a homocide took place. I just don't think he can provide the whole picture. I've been holding out hope that once an analysis of evidence turned up at the search is concluded, we will see an arrest (or arrests). But with each passing day, my hope wanes. Any evidence they found must be vague, at best. I'm also doubtful that Haleigh's remains will be recovered if she was, in fact, placed in the water, which is what I believe happened.

I'm trying to remain optimistic that the case will eventually reach a satisfactory conclusion, but I'm constantly reminded of little Jon Benet Ramsey and the mountain of other unsolved cases. On the other hand, with the number of parties involved and the bargaining power granted to LE by their incarceration and pending charges, well...just maybe someone will cave and fill in blanks. Meanwhile, like everyone else, I'm waiting with breathless anticipation for this dang ride to get rolling.

Bessie, I could not have said it better. My thoughts exactly.

I am also not optimistic that a body will be recovered. Was thinking this morning that those involved took a lesson from the Anthony case, and disposed of Haleigh in a more careful manner.

We're dealing with conniving drug addicts.

I think that any evidence removed from the search last month should have been given priority status unless they knew that all of their suspects were already in jail and not going anywhere...in most states, you can get your evidence moved up in sequence on open cases w/suspects who are not in custody, I believe. So maybe they are not in a hurry if they know that no one they will need to find is going anywhere.

I think something is going on...Ronald not getting his hearing says a lot, Linsey filing for divorce, Hank coming out in defense of his kids, Teresa being so quiet, but GGS going on Nancy Grace to verify that Misty was fine, & there were no drugs in the house. Yep, something's a brew'n.

I think LE still has all their ducks in a row, they just happen to be getting 3 squares and a bed. I really believe someone will flip. I also believe they are putting together a case that can be presented to a Grand Jury. Just tying up loose ends as far as potential evidence found at the dock. IMO they had to have a reason to be there. Not to mention everyone scrambling when they found out about the search. I think a few loose lips are sinking others ships so to speak and LE is doing their job.

We could promote Ger to investigative reporter to go along with her wonderful photography and have her mosey on in to the Sheriffs office to do an exclusive!!

I know wishful thinking an j/k!!!

Just because we don't hear the details, doesn't mean they are not investigating. And as I heard one LEO say in another case the other day, the investigation doesn't stop just because someone gets arrested, it goes on until the case goes to court.

I read a lot of complaints that LE should let the public know what's going on, who's been cleared, who's a suspect, and when charges will be filed. The truth is, they do not have to tell the public anything as long as that investigation is active. While we all WANT to know everything, we don't NEED to know anything. The integrity of their case comes before the public's right to know, EVERY TIME.

There is a murder trial going on close to where I live, a couple who beat and tortured the mother's 18-month old baby. The trial was moved to another county, but the public is just now finding out everything that was done to that poor child. LE kept a lot of details out of the media, and that was to ensure that they both got a fair trial. The young man is on trial now, and the mother will be tried later. I have no doubt that they'll both be convicted and sent to DR.

Btw... I bet some hot-shot defense attorney is reading these boards, and picking up on every complaint about how slow LE has been, and that's going to be in his/her opening statement... "Well, if it took a year and a half (or 2 years) to find who did this horrible crime, then I guess we can assume they didn't know what they were doing." We should be praising them for taking the necessary time to do it right so that when there are charges filed, they will stick, and the case won't get thrown out.

JMO, like it or not.

I do think the drug arrests sparked some progress in the investigation. Tommy submitted to and failed a LDT, which tells me he knows something, and I think that something led LE to Shell Harbor and LE's determination that a homocide took place. I just don't think he can provide the whole picture. I've been holding out hope that once an analysis of evidence turned up at the search is concluded, we will see an arrest (or arrests). But with each passing day, my hope wanes. Any evidence they found must be vague, at best. I'm also doubtful that Haleigh's remains will be recovered if she was, in fact, placed in the water, which is what I believe happened.

BBM :floorlaugh: I'm waiting for the dang ride to STOP!!!

I wasn't following this case in January, but I have read a lot of archives. But I don't know that I see any real forward movement since January. Yeah, they made a trip to the river. They showed Misty some animal bones. Tommy failed a lie detector--whatever that means--and he supposedly told LE that Joe told him that he had dumped Haleigh there--but for all I know, Tommy was telling LE that story so that he could get out of jail and get his hands on some pills.

They haven't gotten any more information out of Misty. I watched that voice stress test again, and maybe I don't know which end is up, but I don't see deception in that interview. I can't remember everything I saw and read of the earlier days, but I remember her story changed about a lot of things then.

But you know what? When my daddy was dying of cancer, his wife--my stepmother--when I would ask her questions about whether she had given him this medicine or that, the story changed ALL the time. He lived closeby and I had to just go by and do everything myself. And it's not that his wife was a liar. It was that she couldn't keep things straight anytime, and when you grilled her, her answers seemed to get even more unreliable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back