GUILTY CT - Cynthia Cannon, 35, Wolcott, 6 May 2010

summer_breeze

Reaction score
http://www.rep-am.com/articles/2010/05/09/news/local/482044.txt

Sunday, May 9, 2010 3:09 AM EDT
Wolcott woman missing
BY MARTIN BEGNAL REPUBLICAN-AMERICAN

WOLCOTT — Cynthia Cannon loves her children, never missed a day of work and talked to her friends every day.

No one has seen or heard from her since Thursday.

The 35-year-old mother of two has vanished, police said, and though they are continuing to search for her, they fear the worst.

482044.jpg

Wolcott woman vanishes without a word
Updated: Sunday, 09 May 2010, 7:26 PM EDT
Published : Sunday, 09 May 2010, 5:49 PM EDT

State police are teaming up with police in Wolcott in the search for a 35-year-old woman, a mother with two children.

It is reported that Cynthia Cannon never misses work and talks to her friends and family everyday. A friend tells News 8 via email that no one has seen her since Thursday.

snip

Acting Police Chief Neil O'Leary told the paper Cannon's husband, Patrick Cannon, reported his wife missing on Friday night.

Cannon told police that his wife had left their house at 207 Spindle Hill Road at around 10:30 p.m. on Thursday to drop off clothes at a Goodwill box. When he got up Friday morning she wasn't home and he assumed she had left for work.

snip

The company reported to police that she had not shown up to work.

There is no word of foul play at this time, but police say the public can help.

Cynthia Cannon drives a 2005 black Jeep Liberty with Connecticut license plate 258-PMV.

Anyone with information is asked to call the Wolcott Police Department at 203-879-1414.

http://www.wtnh.com/dpp/news/new_haven_cty/wolcott-woman-vanishes-without-a-word

482044.jpg

"Based on all of the information provided to us by her employer, her family and her friends, we are very concerned about her well-being and her whereabouts," Acting Police Chief Neil O'Leary said.

snip

"They said she had never missed one day of work and that she would call to let them know if she was going to be more than a minute late," O'Leary said. "They were very concerned."

http://www.rep-am.com/articles/2010/05/09/news/local/482044.txt

It does not look good. I don't know if I can say what is in the comments but some are interesting.
ETA is that date right?

There's such sketchy info here....her husband reports that she left home Thursday at 10:30 p.m. to drop off clothes at a Goodwill box. He wakes up the next morning Friday and she's gone...he assumes she went to work....you would think he would know if she returned from the trip to deliver the used items.....and she's not reported missing until the next evening (Friday).....odd.....I wonder how the domestic situation was/is?

You're right, Dairy Girl...interesting comments...someday I'll learn to read the comments first (and take them with a grain of salt!). I'm wondering if that is true about the vehicle being found and the crime scene tape being wound around the house...sounds very, very bad regardless....

You're right, Dairy Girl...interesting comments...someday I'll learn to read the comments first (and take them with a grain of salt!). I'm wondering if that is true about the vehicle being found and the crime scene tape being wound around the house...sounds very, very bad regardless....

Yes, I have a feeling we know where this is going and it's not going to end well.

There's such sketchy info here....her husband reports that she left home Thursday at 10:30 p.m. to drop off clothes at a Goodwill box. He wakes up the next morning Friday and she's gone...he assumes she went to work....you would think he would know if she returned from the trip to deliver the used items.....and she's not reported missing until the next evening (Friday).....odd.....I wonder how the domestic situation was/is?

Does not sound right in my book, but what do I know?

Complete rumor, but according to the comments section of those reports:

" Unfortunately it does not look promissing for her safe return at this point. Her vehicle has been located about a mile away from her home and another posible crime scene near Scoville's Pond. Hope the children will be okay. I believe the husband knows the real truth and comes clean so her parents and friends can be at peace. " http://www.rep-am.com/articles/2010/05/09/news/local/482044.txt

And, yes, sadly there isn't likely to be a happy ending for Cynthia and her children. This is so horrible. Praying for these children and Cynthia's family.

If my information is correct, the husband is about 16 years older than Cynthia and this might be bride #3.

Nothing further is suggested beyond these (possible) factoids.

google map

Gone to the Goodwill Box? Good one. Is it even legal there to dump stuff off at GW after dark? I know here it isn't, due to problems with the quality (not) of the late-night anonymous deposits.

ETA Sexyintimateclothingshop.com is marked at this address...

google map

Gone to the Goodwill Box? Good one. Is it even legal there to dump stuff off at GW after dark? I know here it isn't, due to problems with the quality (not) of the late-night anonymous deposits.

ETA Sexyintimateclothingshop.com is marked at this address...

Brilliant job grayjay. took me a couple of mins to figure that one out.

The Better Business Bureau certain had nothing good to report about that outfit (no pun intended).

I see according to the BBB there is an owner of that company listed. A woman and she is not Cynthia Cannon.

It does not look good. I don't know if I can say what is in the comments but some are interesting.
ETA is that date right?

Yes, it's fine to talk about the comments on news articles. Don't copy and paste - just paraphrase what's in the comment, and give an indication of how to get to it - initials, date/time, something to point people to which comment you're referring to.

Also please give the link, so people know which article the comments are on.

Thanks!
BeanE

P.S. which date?

Desperate Search For Missing Mom
Updated 9:30 PM EDT, Sun, May 9, 2010

Police say that based on the evidence collected in the case they do suspect foul play.

Patrick Cannon, 44, is being called a person of interest. He has been held at the Wolcott Police station since Sunday morning on a search of persons warrant.

Police have found Cynthia Cannon’s Jeep not far from where the couple lives.

Police recovered evidence inside, and on the outside of the vehicle. Evidence has also been collected from the couple’s house at 207 Spindle Hill Road and a sleeping bag with possible bloodstains was also found nearby, police said.

The couple have been having marital problems and have told friends that they planned to divorce. Their house is also in foreclosure. Patrick Cannon was laid off from his job nearly a year ago, but has maintained some sort of employment in the Plantsville section of Southington.

Neighbors were shocked by the developments in the case. Joy Dimaria, lives across the street and also watches one of the Cannon children at her daycare center.

snip

Police Chief Neil O’Leary says that the search will continue through the night, but with the darkness comes less of a chance of finding Cynthia Cannon.

"Due to the time frame and the time that’s gone by she has been reported missing, those hopes are diminishing very quickly," said Chief O’Leary.

The two children are currently staying with family members.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local-beat/POLICE-SEARCH-FOR-MISSING-WOLCOTT-WOMAN-93244779.html

If anyone wants to see a face picture of Patrick J. Cannon, go to facebook, Patrick Cannon, and for city put in Norwalk, CT.

It is a pretty creepy face.

First off, was that the best he could do? Really? Goodwill? The guy is among one of the dumbest. I am surprised he didn't try to claim she ran off with some other guy.
Second, why not divorce if things are so bad? Now those poor children have no parents. Did this guy really think he could get away with it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back