CA CA - Marin Co., Wht/HispMale UP7083, 17-25, under Golden Gate Bridge, Dec'06

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This guy just showed up in NamUs. He apparently jumped from the San Francisco Golden Gate Bridge, although nobody witnessed the jump.

NamUs UP Case Number: 7083
ME/C Case Number: 06259
Marin County, California
17 to 25 Year Old White Male

https://identifyus.org/cases/7083

2305822980045078242S425x425Q851.jpg

He sure bears a strong resemblance to Marvin Ardon.

Marvin Arture Ardon
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/a/ardon_marvin.html
2305822980045078242S425x425Q851.jpg
__
2695899770045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

• Height: 5'8" - Match
  • Weight: 170 - 10 lbs less than UID.
  • DLC: 14-Nov-2006 - 28 days before UID found.
  • Hairline: - Both have same hairline irregularity at the center of the forehead
  • Ethnicity: - Listed as Caucasian - Appears Hispanic and has Hispanic surname. UID also listed as Caucasian, but may be part Hispanic or Asian.
  • Circumstances: - Ardon was facing a rape charge, and may have staged his disappearance and fled to California. He would have a strong motive for suicide.

Inconsistencies:
NamUs lists the UID's eyes as blue, while Ardon's eyes are brown. But I wonder if this is correct. How many Asians or Hispanics have blue eyes?

Also, he was wearing sweatpants with a Galileo Lions logo. Galileo High School (whose sports teams are called the Lions) is a San Francisco area school. This would be inconsistent with his being from Alabama.

Facial Blemishes shown on UID not apparent in Ardon's Photo.

I agree this looks good. There's even some kind of California connection. Good find! Are you going to submit it?

Joseph Hany Booth-Metwally was an athlete at Galileo High School but he was last seen December 14, 2006, two days after the UID was found. I wonder if the UID's date of discovery could possibly be incorrect.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/booth-metwally_joseph.html
http://dojapp.doj.ca.gov/missing/detail.asp?FCN=4670634900048
http://www.josephbooth-metwally.info/

Booth-Metwally was a wrestler and a member of the class of 2007. His weight is given at 150 while the UID's was an estimated 170. Don't wrestlers sometimes gain or lose pounds to move up or down a weight class, though?

He is one inch shorter than the UID at 5'7" but again, the UID's height is listed as an estimate. The eye color is not a match, blue vs. brown, and Booth-Metwally is described as African-American and of Egyptian descent, while the UID is thought to be Asian and Hispanic. Booth-Metwally has an appendectomy scar not noted on the UID.

While searching for his name, I found this article that states Ardon was arrested in June 2008 and is hopefully in jail to this day:

http://www.waff.com/global/story.asp?s=8404526&ClientType=Printable

Other Marvin Ardon thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-46979.html

Thanks, tatertot. I will e-mail this article to Meaghan at Charley Project so that she can remove Ardon from her site.

Interesting that the article says that the rape case "happened in October of 2007", but Charley indicates that he has been missing since 14-Nov-2006. It seems that one of these must be wrong.

Marvin Ardon was acquitted in his trial.
http://www.franklincountytimes.com/2008/10/13/russellville-man-acquitted-in-rape-trial/
The jury first came back as a hung jury but Circuit Judge Terry Dempsey asked them to go back into deliberations to attempt to reach a verdict.
Just over an hour later, the not guilty verdict was rendered.

He is still missing according to Charley Project. It's not been updated since 2007. (I only hope that a huge number of other people are also there only because their pages have not been updated since they were found safe.)

John Doe has only one ruleout, Zebb Quinn.

Joseph Booth-Metwally's Namus page says he has had DNA tests done.
Sample submitted - Tests complete
No dental charts.

The UID has nuclear DNA available.

Original
Original
Original

Original
Original

The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)
Michael Anthony Green disappeared in June 2005 from Orlando, FL. His vehicle was later found 45 mins away in Titusville, FL. He's never been heard from again. His location, listed height (6'0" vs. 5'8" for JD) and brown eyes along with him being 2 years older than JD all take away from the chance that this might be a match. However, imo, he's got a very strong visual resemblance to John Doe. The shape of his head, eyes, lips, nose, and even his ears seem to be very similar to the composites. His eyes as they appear in the photo on the left have an Asian-feature look to them, imo. Also, the moles/marks on his forehead, cheeks, and chin appear similar to the drawings as well. Note, too, the mole on the right side of his neck and the freckle on his lip. The third composite above shows a few moles on JD's neck in that same location. The lip freckle is visible on the 2nd composite. He's not listed as an exclusion to this JD. Do you think we should submit him for comparison or are the discrepancies a bit too much? :oops:

Last edited:
@YaYa_521 I would have said the distance may have precluded him but then I know in the case of Niagara Falls people have travelled there specifically to suicide, so I wonder if the GG Bridge has the same magnetic draw for some people? And if so, I wonder where he got the shirt from a San Fransisco high school - I guess it could have been sourced to specifically prevent identification (if people thought he was local they would not look further afield). I just don't know...to me the jawline looks different as does the shape of the upper portion of his head around the hairline (more oval on the UID than Michael). But we cannot be sure whether this was the result of impact after the jump. I'm on the fence with this one, there will be others here with much better eyes than me :)

@YaYa_521 I would have said the distance may have precluded him but then I know in the case of Niagara Falls people have travelled there specifically to suicide, so I wonder if the GG Bridge has the same magnetic draw for some people? And if so, I wonder where he got the shirt from a San Fransisco high school - I guess it could have been sourced to specifically prevent identification (if people thought he was local they would not look further afield). I just don't know...to me the jawline looks different as does the shape of the upper portion of his head around the hairline (more oval on the UID than Michael). But we cannot be sure whether this was the result of impact after the jump. I'm on the fence with this one, there will be others here with much better eyes than me :)

Ty for offering your input. In terms of the GG Bridge's appeal to ppl considering suicide, according to a 2005 SF Gate article, thirteen percent of suicides apparently traveled to the SF area. If these remains are Michael's I'd guess when he left all of his belongings behind in FL, he must have utilized homeless shelters/thrift stores/donation bins/hand-me-downs/etc. to get these clothes. It would make sense that he'd need to have a wardrobe given that he lived a life for a year between disappearing and jumping. Like you, I'm not absolutely convinced Michael is a match.

BTW, @aThousandYearsWide created a thread dedicated to the GG Bridge and its surrounding area's MPs and UIDs. There is quite a bit of info avail if you're interested.
Golden Gate Bridge Suicides

Lethal Beauty / The Allure: Beauty and an easy route to death have long made the Golden Gate Bridge a magnet for suicides
(I & BBM)
"Three to 1, they're men, according to a recent study by the Psychiatric Foundation of Northern California that compiled Marin County coroner's reports from January 1995 to July 2005. Eighty-seven percent are Bay Area residents -- exploding the myth that people flock from around the world to die here."

I believe he's listed as an exclusion, but I can't get over the similarities between this Doe and Joseph Booth-Metwally. The Doe was found wearing Galileo High School sweatpants, and Joseph was a student at Galileo High School at the time of his disappearance. The DLC is off (by two days), but I wonder if Joseph's DLC could possibly be wrong?

Truth can be stranger than fiction, but it strikes me as unlikely and quite the coincidence that two people associated from the same school would vanish/commit suicide within two days of each other. Strange.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
washingtonsupersleuth
Back