Bullies force 5 year old off bus

brighidin

remember me as a time of day
Reaction score
This story is so infuriating and sad. A 5 year old boy who lost a leg two years ago in an accident was repeatedly bullied on his hour long bus ride. The abuse included being punched in the face by a 13 year old and kids trying to pull off his prosthetic leg.

The worst part of it is that the school division says he is no longer allowed on the bus. Zero tolerance? yeah right!

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/saskatchewan/story/2010/05/11/sk-bullying-school-division-lawsuit.html

I can't hardly bear to read these bullying cases, it is sad to know that this behavior has become such an epidemic in our society.

There is quite a controversy going on in the comments section of the article. It seems that not everybody thinks it's the whole story.

"[But instead] we were told Ryan will no longer be on the bus, that it's not safe for him or my daughter and that we have to drive them the round trip."

Coomber said the school division even offered to pay for him to drive Ryan and his seven-year-old sister to and from school.

I find this bit scary. If it's not safe for these children to be on the bus, how is it safe for anybody else?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back