IL IL - Dennis Higgins, 16, Des Plaines, 18 March 1994

Earthbound Misfit I

Justice for Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
Reaction score
There is no description of Dennis Higgins and I have yet to find any story/solution to whether there was any resolution to this story.

Missing Teen May Be With `Deadheads'

April 09, 1994

Des Plaines police are looking for a 16-year-old youth who disappeared from his home March 18, just months after a close friend and classmate was killed in an auto accident, relatives say.

Dennis Higgins, a sophomore at Maine West High School, apparently came home from school and left a note stating he was leaving home.

After questioning an acquaintance who joined him at a Grateful Dead concert in Rosemont, police believe Higgins may have joined up with "deadheads," a large group that follows the band from city to city, often camping out in parking lots.After searching the boy's locker, no evidence was found to indicate his whereabouts.

More at link below:

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...0057_1_deadheads-grateful-dead-dennis-higgins

I know...you would think there would be a PICTURE with the article at least. How do they expect him to be found without a picture? Thankfully, we have come a long way since then.

Right, and if he had already been found and was no longer missing you would think they would do an update story. Maybe they did and I just haven't got that far yet.

I know...you would think there would be a PICTURE with the article at least. How do they expect him to be found without a picture? Thankfully, we have come a long way since then.

I just sent an email off to the Des Plaines, Illinois PD regarding Dennis Higgins case. Hopefully, I will hear something back from them.

If I am stepping on anybody's toes here and somebody else should be handling these things just let me know and I will just post the possible match and whomever is in charge can take care of things. I don't know who is doing what on this case, so just speak up :couch:

RK - you are not stepping on any toes!

Jump right in. We appreciate the help.

We let everyone turn in their own finds - unless they are not comfortable and then I will help them out.

Salem

I didn't see Dennis in the NCMEC database either. You would think he would be listed there if he is still missing? He was only 16. Unless they didn't add him because he was a runaway?

Salem

Ya know, I don't know how they would handle a runaway? They may have filed a missing persons report and when he turned 18 it may have become "null" and his parents would have had to have refiled the report? I know that happens a lot.

I didn't see Dennis in the NCMEC database either. You would think he would be listed there if he is still missing? He was only 16. Unless they didn't add him because he was a runaway?

Salem

Ya know, I don't know how they would handle a runaway? They may have filed a missing persons report and when he turned 18 it may have become "null" and his parents would have had to have refiled the report? I know that happens a lot.

Very good point! That's what happened to MissyMt's sister, DeAnna.

Salem

I am requesting Dennis Higgins records just to be sure he can be ruled out. They are free so we may as well get them under the FOIA.

Well, sending for his information was a waste of time, lol!

The letter I received says:

Unfortunately, the Police Department has indicated to me that they are unable to find any applicable reports, because the information provided did not turn up any results.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back