Italian town bans goldfish in bowls

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A town in Italy has banned people from keeping goldfish in bowls.

The council in Monza believes fish get a "distorted view of reality" if they're kept in a bowl.

Giampietro Mosca, one of the council officials, said: "A fish kept in a bowl has a distorted view of reality and suffers because of this.

"Also, this type of receptacle generally doesn't have a filter and doesn't allow for good oxygenation of the water, unlike in rectangular aquariums.

The new laws come into effect in two weeks and also ban the sale of coloured chicks at fairs. The use of small animals as competition prizes will also be forbidden.

Mr Mosca said the laws were designed to educate young people about treating animals properly, reports Sky News Online.

"The ruling is intended to transmit a message about the correct treatment of domestic animals. In Monza, where we have no less than 15,000 dogs for 120,000 inhabitants.

"You have no idea of the hygiene problems caused by animals and people living together and we don't want to see animals treated like objects any longer."

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1032213.html?menu=

hi cass! and once they save all the fish from this "distorted view of reality", they can move on to some of the pettier crimes like murder, theft, and rape! :waitasec:

Sounds like a busy little town.

So everyone is now going to flush their fishies to save them from a distorted view of life. How humane.:slap:

Casshew said:
Sounds like a busy little town.

So everyone is now going to flush their fishies to save them from a distorted view of life. How humane.:slap:

What about all the cats that are pets in the city? Cats are natural carnivores who like to catch their food, kill it and eat it. When cats can eat their fill by simply going to the bowl of cat food, it deprives them of meaning in life and thwarts their instincts. I say give the goldfish to the cats.

vicktor said:
What about all the cats that are pets in the city? Cats are natural carnivores who like to catch their food, kill it and eat it. When cats can eat their fill by simply going to the bowl of cat food, it deprives them of meaning in life and thwarts their instincts. I say give the goldfish to the cats.

:clap: :clap: :clap: I love your idea Vicktor. I think you should write to the mayor of this town and let him/her know about it. :D :D

Looks like the population of goldfish and chicks will be declining in this town shortly. Not too bad a thing as it took a lot of them to make a decent meal. :laugh:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back