2010.05.13 -Ronald & Hank Jr. Hearing: Ron negotiating for 15yr sentence, Trial 7/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

MADJGNLAW

Reaction score
Updated:
"Snip" http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/topstories/news-article.aspx?storyid=155990&catid=3

After a pre-trial hearing with Cummings, Shoemaker said they were trying to negotiate a plea deal in exchange for testimony against the other defendants.

On the table in the deal, according to Terry Shoemaker, are the two "upper level" trafficking charges, each of which carries a minimum mandatory sentence of 25 years.

By working with the three lesser charges, Shoemaker said he hopes Cummings would end up with a sentence of 15 to 30 years.

Shoemaker clarified the deal being worked out is in no way tied to the search for Haleigh who is now presumed dead, according to Sheriff Hardy.

Failing the deal, Cummings is scheduled to go to trial July 19.

Tommy goes to trial June 20th per First Coast News.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/5pm/default.aspx

5PM Video Report has the update: http://www.firstcoastnews.com/video/default.aspx?bctid=85486361001

Per Jax News Tommy goes to court June 23, 2010

Hank Jr. Croslin (Tommy), is scheduled for court this afternoon for a pretrial conference.

Haleigh's father negotiating for 15-year sentence in drug case
Ronald Cummings would testify at upcoming trials of codefendants
Posted: May 13, 2010
"Snip" http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2...ence-drug-case

By Dana Treen
In exchange for testimony at possible trials of his former wife and her brother, Ronald Cummings is negotiating for a 15-year sentence on drug-trafficking charges, his attorney said this morning.

Folowing a a pretrial hearing in Putnam County Cummings was given a July 19 trial date, his attorney said he and Cummings hope to have the deal within two weeks or possibly sooner.

An attempt stalled Wednesday to make a deal with the state, said Shoemaker.

The sentencing range would likely be a 15-year minimum mandatory with a possible 30-year maximum, Shoemaker said.

Shoemaker said negotiations are not finished but part of the expected deal would mean Cummings would not be sentenced until after the Croslins are tried if those cases go to a jury.

Croslin Jr. is scheduled for court this afternoon for a pretrial conference.

At his pretrial conference, he could offer to accept a plea agreement if one has been worked out with prosecutors. Otherwise, the judge will assign a trial date and a final date the court will accept a negotiated deal.

Misty Croslin is scheduled for court in June.

Ronald Cummings Heads To Court For Drug Charges
Haleigh Cummings Still Missing

POSTED: 6:09 am EDT May 13, 2010
"Snip" http://www.wesh.com/news/23538675/detail.html

PALATKA, Fla. -- Ronald Cummings heads to court Thursday to talk about his drug trafficking charges.

Ronald Cummings will take part in a pre-trial hearing at 9 a.m. in Palatka.

The father of Haleigh Cummings is charged in a drug trafficking ring.

Misty Croslin is also charged in the case along with Hank Croslin Jr.

"Snip" http://www.putnam-fl.com/clk_apps/crim_dkts/frame.php

UCN: 542010CF000146XXAXMX
File Date: 2010-01-21 Judge: TERRY J LARUE
Defense Atty: SHOEMAKER, TERRY J
Defendant
CUMMINGS, RONALD LEMYLES
Alias
UCN: 542010CF000253XXAXMX
File Date: 2010-02-03 Judge: TERRY J LARUE
Defense Atty: SHOEMAKER, TERRY J

Defendant
CUMMINGS, RONALD LEMYLES

CONTINUED TO 05/13/2010

UCN: 542009CF001653XXAXMX
File Date: 2009-09-14 Judge: TERRY J LARUE
Defense Atty: WERTER, JAMES S

Defendant
CROSLIN, HANK T JR
2010-03-31 36 CONTINUED TO 05/13/2010

Date # Docket Description
2009-09-14 1 COMPLAINT - PCSO DET. KEN TAYLOR (8/19/09)

2009-09-14 1 BOOKING NUMBER: N/A

2009-09-16 3 ARREST REPORT: GRAND THEFT (9/15/2009)

UCN: 542010CF000147XXAXMX
File Date: 2010-01-21 Judge: TERRY J LARUE
Defense Atty: WERTER, JAMES S

Defendant
CROSLIN, HANK T JR
CONTINUED TO 05/13/2010

Date # Docket Description
2010-01-21 1 COMPLAINT - PCSO DET. T CAMPBELL (12/22/09)

2010-01-21 1 BOOKING NUMBER: N/A

2010-01-21 1 TRAFFICKING OXYCODONE

Can Shoemaker have this continued to a future date? If not we may see the plea that LP talked about or RC may choose to go to trial...should be an interesting day.

I found the Wesh twitter address. I think as it is legit media, it is okay to post. If not, mods please let me know or delete. They mention the RC and the hearing today so they might tweet from court--we can hope :)

http://twitter.com/wesh

This article says Ron going to court but no mention of Tommy. Also, just heard on the scanner that transport from Putnam Co. Jail to court house. Must be Ronald.

Ronald Cummings Heads To Court For Drug Charges
POSTED: 6:09 am EDT May 13, 2010
"Snip" http://www.wesh.com/news/23538675/detail.html

PALATKA, Fla. -- Ronald Cummings heads to court Thursday to talk about his drug trafficking charges.

Ronald Cummings will take part in a pre-trial hearing at 9 a.m. in Palatka.

WJXT just responded to my email that they are sending a crew this morning to court, and they will report on it on news at noon and the eve news....

WJXT just responded to my email that they are sending a crew this morning to court, and they will report on it on news at noon and the eve news....

I have contacted several media outlets and they say no live stream. But will update at noon and in the evening. It really bugs me that they won't live stream in the Haleigh case. They do for Casey Anthony all the time. :banghead:

I have contacted several media outlets and they say no live stream. But will update at noon and in the evening. It really bugs me that they won't live stream in the Haleigh case. They do for Casey Anthony all the time. :banghead:

If it was news about Haleigh they would but this is about Ron and his drug charges.

Can Shoemaker have this continued to a future date? If not we may see the plea that LP talked about or RC may choose to go to trial...should be an interesting day.

I am pretty sure if he wanted to have it continued he would. Look at Snodgrass, his case has been continued over and over since 2007. Sounds as if Ron was taken from jail to the court house around 7:44AM, so it looks likes it's a go. Or, it could be another inmate that was taken from Putnam to the court house. Nothing on Tommy yet though..odd. He has court today as well. Maybe his hearing is later this afternoon. Still checking into it.

I am pretty sure if he wanted to have it continued he would. Look at Snodgrass, his case has been continued over and over since 2007. Sounds as if Ron was taken from jail to the court house around 7:44AM, so it looks likes it's a go. Or, it could be another inmate that was taken from Putnam to the court house. Nothing on Tommy yet though..odd. He has court today as well. Maybe his hearing is later this afternoon. Still checking into it.

Tommy is not showing up at the St Johns county jail so he must be in route.

Can someone please tell me where all the players are housed now?

Tommy, Misty, DonnaB in St. John's County Jail
Ronald in Putnam County Jail

Is this correct?

Can someone please tell me where all the players are housed now?

Tommy, Misty, DonnaB in St. John's County Jail
Ronald in Putnam County Jail

Is this correct?

that is correct

Tommy is now showing up at Putnam County

CROSLIN, HANK THOMAS 08/02/1986 23 Unsupervised Custody
General unsupervised condition PUTNAM COUNTY JAIL

Tommy is now showing up at Putnam County

CROSLIN, HANK THOMAS 08/02/1986 23 Unsupervised Custody
General unsupervised condition PUTNAM COUNTY JAIL

YIKES general unsupervised condition! Isn't RC there at PC?

I think that means he's in gen pop holding for court.

If anyone has access to Twitter, can you post what's going on as it happens here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leannamj