'GOTMILF' number plate upsets women

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
'GOTMILF' number plate upsets women

US transport officials have cancelled a motorist's personalised number plate 'GOT MILF' after complaints from women.

Michael Syravong chose the registration for his Toyota Supra and managed to get it past the Department of Licensing.

They failed to pick up on the fact that it was based on the obscene expression 'Milf' - Mums I'd Like to *advertiser censored** - used in the American Pie movie.

Mr Syravong, from Snohomish County in Washington State, had told them it stood for "Manual Inline Lift Fluctuator", reports Komo News.

"Yeah I just thought it sounded funny," he said. "Like 'Got Milk' and the term MILF was getting popular so - GOTMILF, I really didn't think about it."

But in the nearly two years he had the plate on his car, at least two mothers did think about it - and they didn't find it funny.

Emails of disgust rolled into the Department of Licensing. The women wrote that they found it offensive and, after months of review, the plate was officially canceled.

"Yeah, I was a bit surprised, shocked, that someone would stoop that low to ruin my fun," said Mr Syravong.

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1031837.html?menu=

I enjoy reading plates that say something, because I like to try to figure them out, if they are obscure. I have a specialized plate. It says, 2GR8HNZ.

One of the BEST license plates I ever saw was when I first moved to CA. The plate said:

BND OVR

It still brings chuckles to me each time I remember.

Sprocket said:
I enjoy reading plates that say something, because I like to try to figure them out, if they are obscure. I have a specialized plate. It says, 2GR8HNZ.
two great hands? or two great hounds? :confused:

My dad has a plate that says AIDS rofl! it was a mistake.. was supposed to say ADIS ~ which is just something silly.. he is Scottish instead of "I do" he said A dis. Anyway.. when he picked them up they said AIDS :D

Does he like to help people? That would work.... :D

And yes, my plate stands for 2 Great Hands... one of my close friends at the time thought it up for me.

Sprocket said:

One of the BEST license plates I ever saw was when I first moved to CA. The plate said:

BND OVR

It still brings chuckles to me each time I remember.

hi sprocket! great plates! do many people comment on yours? did you know ben has a sister named ilene dover? :)

lex said:
hi sprocket! great plates! do many people comment on yours? did you know ben has a sister named ilene dover? :)
The license plate frame border says..
Massage Therapy... healing through touch... so it's pretty self explanitory. Sometimes clients comment when they see my car in the drive.

ilene dover! very funny!

Now see when I read that what I got out of it was "Got my life." I've never seen the American Pie movies though. I wonder why those "prudish" women did if they've got no sense of humor??

There are some great plates out there. I saw one that said XSNE1....took me a few mins but I like it!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PoignantEcho
Back