2010.05.14 Fields, Misty sticking to her story, not surprised with Ron & Tommy

MADJGNLAW

Reaction score
Fields speaks out ~ no plea in the works for Misty? Misty sticking to her story, not surprized with Ronald & Tommy trying to cop a plea.

Cummings seeks plea, Misty not surprized and has no new info for LE
If deal goes through, Cummings will testify against Misty Croslin and Hank Jr.

Posted: May 14, 2010
"Snip" http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-05-14/cummings-seeks-plea

Ronald Cummings next court appearance set July 19, 2010.
Hank Jr. (Tommy) next court appearance set June 21, 2010.
Misty Croslin's next court appearance set June 8, 2010. 1:30PM

Hollars and Overstreet's attorney could not be reached Thursday afternoon for comment.

Misty faces eight counts of trafficking, including seven in Putnam County and one in St. Johns.

Misty Croslin, has already told detectives all she can, said her attorney, Robert Fields.

Fields said he has not negotiated with prosecutors but is not surprised that others have been making deals.

"Misty's position is she's told law enforcement what happened and it's their decision to act on the information," he said.

Fields said the drug charges create pressure on everyone to cooperate with detectives. After the arrests, investigators said they intended to use the opportunity to discuss HaLeigh's case.

"Any reasonable person could come to the conclusion that the cases are linked," Fields said.

Tommy Croslin's conversation April 11 with his grandmother, Flora Hollars: http://news.jacksonville.com/interactives/051410tommyaudio.mp3

Misty has two court dates.

Putnam is on June 3, 2010.
St.Johns is on June 8, 2010 at 1:30PM.

Fields speaks out ~ no plea in the works for Misty? Misty sticking to her story, not surprized with Ronald & Tommy trying to cop a plea.

I just have to wonder WHICH story that might be? There are so many to choose from.

Seriously, is this the best she can do? Is this the best he's going to do for his client? This girl is sunk.

When Cummings was arrested, he was befriending Misty Croslin to draw out information about what happened when HaLeigh disappeared in February 2009, his family has said.

It's great to be able to read something funny first thing in the morning.

Key points here in my opinion. Werter released the jail call yesterday to begin laying the brickwork in defense of his client by releasing the phone call with Flora.
snip~In another development in the case, Werter released a copy of Croslin Jr.'s April 11 phone call with his grandmother, Flora Hollars.~ end

Also Flora Hollars has an attorney?? snip~Hollars and Overstreet's attorney could not be reached Thursday afternoon for comment.~ end

No plea's for Misty huh? I will with hold my remarks about Mr Fields tactics until he shows a little more of his hand, but he seess to be a little busy and not really around for Misty that much. Very weird. Misty seemed to trust him completely.

Forget the source...lol http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-05-14/cummings-seeks-plea

When Cummings was arrested, he was befriending Misty Croslin to draw out information about what happened when HaLeigh disappeared in February 2009, his family has said.

"Baby! HEY BABY!! He wants to go down to the store!!!" ~~Misty Croslin-Cummings in one of the undercover videos.

That's quite a friendship.

Wonder which story that might be:

Today Show - I don't know.
LVA & Hyp - I just woke up
Joe did it
I seen three
I saw maybe 4 people in this dream
I was home
I was asleep
Haleigh got into Ron's pills
Misty hit Haleigh in the head with a board

etc, etc, etc....

I know, I know. Almost got coffee on my screen. Don't they realize how stupid that sounds? ROFLOL

I know, I know. Almost got coffee on my screen. Don't they realize how stupid that sounds? ROFLOL

It sounds stupid to you and I, but believe it or not there are people out there who will believe it. Hopefully none of them make it on a jury if there ever is one.

How do you "befriend" your very recent ex? :waitasec: I think that's called "making up." jmo

Can this case get any sadder :( Poor Haleigh ...

Looks like Misty is sunk, what is Feilds doing for her really ? The problem is Misty has lied so much that even if she (could) tells the truth no one will believe her. Ron is an a&& plain and simple, I am sure Misty's heart is broke after learning this news :rolleyes: How could he right ?

Well if she has anymore info it will spill now I'm just not real sure she does. I am still on the fence that she was not home that night when this occured with Haleigh ......moo

Can this case get any sadder :( Poor Haleigh ...

Looks like Misty is sunk, what is Feilds doing for her really ? The problem is Misty has lied so much that even if she (could) tells the truth no one will believe her. Ron is an a&& plain and simple, I am sure Misty's heart is broke after learning this news :rolleyes: How could he right ?

Well if she has anymore info it will spill now I'm just not real sure she does. I am still on the fence that she was not home that night when this occured with Haleigh ......moo

Fields has sure been the quiet guy here. I don't understand how he could effectively represent Misty given all of her lies. I couldn't do it. I get very angry when lied to so have no clue how he is able to rep her. I couldn't do it. :banghead:

If this were a poker game, Misty is holding, Ron and Tommy and drawing some cards. mo

I didn't know you could effectively drive a bus right over yourself, but I think Misty is doing it.

Key points here in my opinion. Werter released the jail call yesterday to begin laying the brickwork in defense of his client by releasing the phone call with Flora.
snip~In another development in the case, Werter released a copy of Croslin Jr.'s April 11 phone call with his grandmother, Flora Hollars.~ end

Also Flora Hollars has an attorney?? snip~Hollars and Overstreet's attorney could not be reached Thursday afternoon for comment.~ end

No plea's for Misty huh? I will with hold my remarks about Mr Fields tactics until he shows a little more of his hand, but he seess to be a little busy and not really around for Misty that much. Very weird. Misty seemed to trust him completely.

Forget the source...lol http://staugustine.com/news/local-news/2010-05-14/cummings-seeks-plea

elle, did you notice that the word attorney is singular, as if to imply that Flo and JoeO have retained AN (singular) attorney. That seems a bit off. What attorney can represent the interests of a man being accused of a horrific crime and simultaneously represent the interests of the woman who made that accusation public?!??

Bad reporting? Or are both being respresented by one attorney and how does that work?

snipped
"Also Flora Hollars has an attorney?? snip~Hollars and Overstreet's attorney could not be reached Thursday afternoon for comment.~"

To me it reads that Hollars couldn't be reached and the attorney couldn't be reached.

elle, did you notice that the word attorney is singular, as if to imply that Flo and JoeO have retained AN (singular) attorney. That seems a bit off. What attorney can represent the interests of a man being accused of a horrific crime and simultaneously represent the interests of the woman who made that accusation public?!??

Bad reporting? Or are both being respresented by one attorney and how does that work?

Yeah, I'm going with poor writing skills. I think it's supposed to read something like: "Neither Joe Overstreet's atty, nor Ms Hollars could be reached for comment."

Of course, with a statement like that, it could be read several different ways. Grrr...hate reporters who don't write clearly.

ETA: Beat by crocus, curse my slow typing skills!

I'm sure it's just bad reporting. It would be a conflict of interest.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back