GUILTY OR - Doitchin Krastev for stealing murdered boy's identity, Portland, 2010

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
I've been following this case for a bit. This guy stole a kidnapped and murdered child's identity in 1996. The person responsible has been tried and convicted. Jason Evers was recently arrested by the Feds on charges he lied to get a passport. He is refusing to reveal his real identity. Through his attorney he claims he's doing this for safety reasons. While that could be possible, I'm thinking it's more likely he's running from a crime, or there is a woman out there owed 14 years worth of child support. I think if this case went national his true identity would be revealed quickly. The judge has given his lawyer till today to supply a satisfactory explanation for all of this.

Oh, and Jason Evers is also The Oregon Liquor Control Commission manager, currently on unpaid administrative leave. In 2009, he was investigated by the State of Oregon for complaints of retaliation against licensees. There doesn't appear to be any discipline....he was just moved to another region.

It's a strange story, with a lot of questions. An Oregon man is accused of stealing the identity of a 3-year-old who was murdered in Ohio in 1982. This man has been going by the name of “Jason Evers.” But when he tried to get a passport recently, that’s when the government noticed a problem.

The father and sister of the real Jason Evers are upset and confused by the whole thing.

"I am outraged the fact that somebody can do that, assume someone else's identity. He had to have my name, my wife’s name, my son's name to get that identity,” said Bob Evers.

Jason Evers used the 3-year-old’s name and information to get a birth certificate, a social security number, and lived under that name for 14 years

More at link:
http://www.koinlocal6.com/content/n...d-childs-identity/_8eS5mo2LU2qImFwVtadHA.cspx

The Oregon Liquor Control Commission manager accused of living under a fake identity may be doing so out of fear for his safety, his attorney said in federal court Thursday.

The man known as Jason Evers is asking to go free while he waits for trial. He is accused of assuming the identity of a 3-year-old boy who was murdered in Ohio almost 30 years ago.

More at link:
http://www.katu.com/news/local/93747139.html

http://www.katu.com/news/local/92693939.html

(snips)
Now, former OLCC regional manager Jason Evers – who was stationed in Bend before complaints of retaliation against licensees and an Oregon Department of Justice investigation caused the OLCC to move him to Medford – is being accused of stealing a dead child's identity.

Another unanswered question by the Associated Press is how the man was hired by the OLCC, which routinely conducts background checks on liquor license applicants, club owners, bartenders and other servers of alcohol. The man claiming to be Jason Evers was hired in 2002, agency officials told the AP, and should have gone through the standard background checks including fingerprinting.

The months-long investigation into Evers' conduct in 2009, meanwhile, apparently also did not reveal his true identity.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/05/_mystery_remains_around_olcc_i.html

A TIMELINE OF THE CASE

Jan. 6, 1979 -- Jason Robert Evers is born in Cincinnati, son of Kimberley Elsen and Robert Evers.

July 31, 1982 -- Jason is kidnapped and killed near a YMCA by his home and buried in dense woods. The child's killer, Adrian Williams, who tried to collect a ransom from the family, is sent to prison for 14 to 50 years.

May 6, 1996 -- A birth certificate is issued to someone purporting to be Jason Robert Evers. The same year, a Social Security number is issued to Evers in Colorado.

Oct. 23, 2002 -- A person purporting to be Jason Robert Evers applies for a passport in Portland. The applicant stands 5 feet 11 inches tall, and has brown hair and blue eyes.

2005 -- The Diplomatic Security Service, an agency of the U.S. State Department, launches an investigation called Operation Death Match, cross-matching records of people who have died with passports issued in their names.

April 22, 2010 -- Supervisory Special Agent Jeff Dubsick runs a cross-match between Ohio death records and passport records, discovering a match for Jason Evers. That day, a fraud officer with Ohio's Department of Health e-mails the agent a copy of the Ohio death certificate for the real Jason Robert Evers.

April 23, 2010 -- Dubsick reviews Indiana drivers' license records for Robert Evers. He finds that his birth date doesn't match the one provided on the passport application submitted by the man posing as Evers' son. That day, Dubsick calls the phone number that the man posing as Evers listed on his passport. He gets a voice mail at the Oregon Liquor Control Commission, where the man works.

April 26, 2010 -- Dubsick watches a video from Redmond's KOHD-TV that features an appearance by Jason Evers, the man working for the OLCC. The agent also finds a press release on the Internet to confirm he works for liquor control board. The government charges their suspect in a case styled U.S.A. v. John Doe, aka "Jason Robert Evers."

April 27, 2010 -- Federal agents arrest their John Doe suspect at his rental home in Caldwell, Idaho.

Could he have a sealed juvenile record for murder or something else very serious?

Could be. It must be pretty serious if he's willing to keep his mouth shut and face what he's facing so far.

I had wondered if he was Adam Herrman from Ohio....But, he took on that identity 3 years before Adam supposedly went missing. I saw some facial similarities ,but this guys eyes are closer together than Adams were and his ears are a little different.

After going through Charley Project missing men 1996-1997, there wasn't anyone that closely resembled this man. One would think that if he assumed a new identity in 1996 that someone would be looking for him. So, either his family knew of his new identity or he didn't have any family. jmo

I live close to CIncy, and this has been on the local news quite a bit. I feel so sorry for the Evers family, I can't even begin to imagine what they are feeling.

I can't believe the judge was going to let him go.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jI7NSh4MTIyqZmUxslqQYhxk03kAD9FOTAJO0

A federal judge on Monday approved the release of an Oregon liquor control investigator who assumed the identity of a murdered boy, even though the man still refuses to reveal his real name.
U.S. Magistrate Judge Donald Ashmanskas said the man known as Jason Evers should be released to his Bend home under strict conditions that include house detention, electronic monitoring and restrictions on financial transactions that would require his signature.
But U.S. prosecutors won a 24-hour delay Monday to appeal the decision, arguing that a man who is so determined to hide his identity is a flight risk.
"If he flees, it will be next to impossible to find him because we don't know who he is," said Assistant U.S. Attorney Stacie Beckerman. "We don't know what to put on a warrant."

More at link

Maybe he's someone who went missing at a much younger age? Possibly family custodial dispute/abduction and he's trying to protect the abductor by not giving his real name. He was probably around 17 in 1996, and that's about the time that someone would start needing ID to drive, work, go to college, etc.

Oregon man charged with using dead Ohio boy's name
By WILLIAM McCALL (AP) – 1 hour ago
PORTLAND, Ore. — An Oregon man who allegedly uses the name of a boy murdered in 1982 in Ohio will have to stay in jail a while longer after being charged with identity fraud.
A judge on Monday had ordered the release of the man, who claims to be Jason Robert Evers, to home detention in Bend with electronic monitoring.
But federal prosecutors won a 24-hour delay to challenge the release. They told another judge Tuesday that authorities in Ohio were charging the man who refuses to provide his true name.
Joseph T. Deters, prosecuting attorney for Hamilton County, Ohio, said the Oregon man was charged with felony identity fraud.
"We are going to find out who this guy is," Deters said. "And we will find out why he stole this beautiful little boy's name."

More at link:
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jI7NSh4MTIyqZmUxslqQYhxk03kAD9FPG1N81

Charges are stacking up and he's still keeping quiet. I'm thinking a crime that LE wherever it was commited knows who did it, but didn't have prints on file to put into the system.

If his pic was put into the national media there might be a prayer of ID'ing this guy.

Maybe he's someone who went missing at a much younger age? Possibly family custodial dispute/abduction and he's trying to protect the abductor by not giving his real name. He was probably around 17 in 1996, and that's about the time that someone would start needing ID to drive, work, go to college, etc.

True. May not want mom or grandparents to go to jail for kidnapping. You might be onto something. IMO, stealing someone's ID would be pretty sophisticated for a 17 year old in 1996. He may have had an older adult helping him.

True. May not want mom or grandparents to go to jail for kidnapping. You might be onto something. IMO, stealing someone's ID would be pretty sophisticated for a 17 year old in 1996. He may have had an older adult helping him.

ITA Does anyone think he is older? I was wondering if he was 21 and being released from Juvenile Custody in 1996. Isn't that the maximum age if convicted as a Juvie? idk. That could also explain him then needing a SS card & DL for the first time. I'm not stuck on this theory, though.

I think he could definitely be older.

I do wonder if he himself was kidnapped and his parents created an idenity for him at a very young age. He would have been kidnapped around at the time he was aproximatly the same age of the victem of idenity theft but not nessesarly taken the same year that it happened. Someone could have remembered reading the story and took it from there to cover thier own tracks. To give the child a name (identity) That is how he might of been able to use it for so long without detection.

If that is the case he may not have known he had a fake name sort of speak. It is odd that he applys for a passport and continues on as if he had no concerns, he apparently is a smart guy. When he was charged or arrested he could have freaked out thinking if I tell...my "parents" will go away for a long time? I dunno. This whole thing is weird. :waitasec:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrnkKrcher
Back