Teen tells cops he's going to be honest about why he stole SUV

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
A 16-year-old Detroit boy arrested after allegedly injuring a Dearborn Heights police officer during a high-speed chase told police he had a good reason for stealing the late-model Dodge Durango.

"I will be honest," the youth told officers on July 13 after being pulled from the wrecked SUV. "I am a man, and I stole the truck for my girlfriend's prom that is tomorrow. . . .

"Since I told you the truth, can my mom come bond me out or pick me up?" the boy asked, according to a police report of the incident that began shortly before 4 a.m. on July 13.

According to police reports filed in Wayne County Family Court, Dearborn Heights Police Officer Bruce Krot was patrolling the neighborhood near Southfield and Van Born roads when he spotted a youth walking on Eton and then onto the cross street, Bedford.

The officer pulled his car onto Bedford and, using the car's spotlight, saw the youth sitting in the driver's seat of a Durango parked in the center of the street. The Durango suddenly went in reverse at a fast rate and turned 180 degrees.

The driver sped off at speeds of at least 60 m.p.h in a 25-m.p.h residential zone, the police report said.

On Colgate near Universal, a passenger jumped from the moving car. The car stopped at Colgate and Annapolis, and a second passenger jumped out and ran, the report said.

Krot got out of his parked squad car yelling for the suspect to put his hands where they could be seen. The Durango's driver then slammed the car into reverse and rammed the police vehicle, throwing Krot back into the car. The officer was not seriously injured and said later that he was just "stiff and sore" from the incident.

http://www.freep.com/news/cfp/11/kprom22_20040722.htm

Casshew said:
A 16-year-old Detroit boy arrested after allegedly injuring a Dearborn Heights police officer during a high-speed chase told police he had a good reason for stealing the late-model Dodge Durango.

"I will be honest," the youth told officers on July 13 after being pulled from the wrecked SUV. "I am a man, and I stole the truck for my girlfriend's prom that is tomorrow. . . .

"Since I told you the truth, can my mom come bond me out or pick me up?" the boy asked, according to a police report of the incident that began shortly before 4 a.m. on July 13.

According to police reports filed in Wayne County Family Court, Dearborn Heights Police Officer Bruce Krot was patrolling the neighborhood near Southfield and Van Born roads when he spotted a youth walking on Eton and then onto the cross street, Bedford.

The officer pulled his car onto Bedford and, using the car's spotlight, saw the youth sitting in the driver's seat of a Durango parked in the center of the street. The Durango suddenly went in reverse at a fast rate and turned 180 degrees.

The driver sped off at speeds of at least 60 m.p.h in a 25-m.p.h residential zone, the police report said.

On Colgate near Universal, a passenger jumped from the moving car. The car stopped at Colgate and Annapolis, and a second passenger jumped out and ran, the report said.

Krot got out of his parked squad car yelling for the suspect to put his hands where they could be seen. The Durango's driver then slammed the car into reverse and rammed the police vehicle, throwing Krot back into the car. The officer was not seriously injured and said later that he was just "stiff and sore" from the incident.

http://www.freep.com/news/cfp/11/kprom22_20040722.htm
Oh my, why didn't he think of his mother with her terminal cancer before he did all of this?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melissawilkinson44
Back