Dana Plato's Son Commits Suicide

Patty G

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Tyler Lambert, the son of late Diff'rent Strokes star Dana Plato, has committed suicide, nearly 11 years to the day that his mother took her own life. He was 25.

Lambert died of a self-inflicted gunshot to the head last Thursday in Tulsa, Okla., his grandmother, Joni Richardson, told People. Lambert, a cameraman and amateur songwriter, had been experimenting with drugs and alcohol, Richardson said, which she thinks contributed to his death

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2010/05/13/dana-platos-son-commits-suicide/

What a sad story. Dana was to young to die and now her son. I hope they both rest in peace. May their family find peace also.

I remember watching Dana on Different Strokes. When she was going through all of her troubles I was rooting for her. I think the one bright spot in her life was her son. She wouldn't have wanted this for him.

Sorry, I'm blathering. I'm just so saddened by this.

I'm glad they put a picture with the link. I can't believe how much he looked like Dana.

RIP

Sooooo very sad. It was such a heartbreak that him Mom went this way...how horrific and even more heartbreaking her son ended up going the same way.
He must have been in alot of pain.

Suicide is NEVER the answer!!! Those left behind grieve a lifetime!!!

This is a very sad story. I was heartbroken to read about Dana's son and also her. Suicide always leaves victims behind who will never forget its effect on
them. How horrible.

RIP

Gozgals

So sorry to see this. How very, very sad. How horrible for the family to go through this.

Someone had to see the road this child was going down....Family member? Best Friend? Someone had to see this coming.....My prayers are with this family......Tyler and Dana, rest in peace.....

Sometimes no one sees a suicide coming. Sometimes people see it coming and are absolutely powerless to stop it. Please be gentle: I'm sure his friends and family are grieving. They don't need blame.

so very sad. It is a story full to overflowing with if onlys. If only Dana had been okay and a more present, healthy mom. If only If only If only. Oh how diferent that young man's life could have been.

If only. RIP Tyler

Sometimes no one sees a suicide coming. Sometimes people see it coming and are absolutely powerless to stop it. Please be gentle: I'm sure his friends and family are grieving. They don't need blame.

Thank you hoppyfrog. Sometimes you do see it coming (and going) and yet are still powerless.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back