Trial Date Set/Pre-Trial Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

lajr56

Reaction score
By Nicholas J.C. Pistor
ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
05/14/2010

Chris Coleman will stand trial on Oct. 25, a judge said today.

Circuit Judge Milton Wharton set a firm schedule for the case at a hearing this afternoon in Monroe County.
Click here to find out more!

At the hearing, John O'Gara, Coleman's defense lawyer, asked that his client's court case file be moved to another county because the Monroe County state's attorney and circuit clerk are related.

"I find it somewhat insulting," said Kris Reitz, the Monroe County state's attorney.

Wharton set a hearing date before deciding the issue. However, he did order that all expenditures from the state's death penalty fund be filed in St. Clair County.

A jury from outside Monroe County will be selected to hear the case, but the trial venue will remain in Waterloo.

Coleman, wearing an orange jumpsuit and sporting a beard, appeared in court alongside his attorneys.

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/ne...E2D53BD35138A56786257723006CE34B?OpenDocument

"Complexity of the case?"

He fell in "love" with a stripper, wanted a divorce, wife wouldn't agree, he concocted a ridiculous scheme, murdered his wife and babies, and thought he would get away with it.

How is this complex?
Well said Fairy1. You get it, I get it, many here get it, I guess his attorney isn't 'getting it'.

That's okay Chris, we'll still be here when your lawyer finally gets it. It doesn't matter how long you postpone justice, it too will still be waiting for you.

Me thinks the complexity has something to do with trying to come up with some other explanation for what happened. It must take a lot of spaghetti throwing on this one.

Yeah, good luck with that one. It is what it is.

Well said Fairy1. You get it, I get it, many here get it, I guess his attorney isn't 'getting it'.

That's okay Chris, we'll still be here when your lawyer finally gets it. It doesn't matter how long you postpone justice, it too will still be waiting for you.

Me thinks the complexity has something to do with trying to come up with some other explanation for what happened. It must take a lot of spaghetti throwing on this one.

Yeah, good luck with that one. It is what it is.

I saw him on Fox2News last night. He was in the back of a police car leaving the court house. He smiled at the camera. :furious::furious::furious:

He looked a lot different. He's much thinner.

He has lost a lot weight! From what I have heard he is not eating and I find it hard to believe it's because the food is bad. Monroe County Jail has their meals catered in hot and fresh daily from a locally owned company.

Here is another article on the same topic:

Coleman triple murder trial delayed until 2011; defense challenging death penalty
http://www.bnd.com/2010/07/10/1324606/coleman-trial-is-delayed-until.html

I saw him on Fox2News last night. He was in the back of a police car leaving the court house. He smiled at the camera. :furious::furious::furious:

He looked a lot different. He's much thinner.
Yeah, well he can smile for the cameras all he wants......... for now. I betcha when he's found guilty of these horrendous crimes that grin's wiped off his chin. That's the moment I'm waiting for.

Growl...

While I am happy he is incarcerated at this point in time, I wish he was not breathing the same air space that he took away from 3 lovely people. THAT is so not right.

No surprise about the delay--I would expect a few more delays before it gets underway...let him sit and rot, he's not getting out regardless. Hope he's enjoying his solitude which the world outside moves on without him....

Coleman defense team argues against death penalty, calls it unconstitutional

Read more: http://www.bnd.com/2010/08/21/1371585/coleman-defense-argues-against.html#ixzz0xIbn17CM

The defense team for Christopher Coleman, accused of strangling his wife and two young sons, argued in a pretrial hearing Friday in a Monroe County courtroom that the death penalty is unconstitutional, KSDK Channel 5 reported

Read more: http://www.bnd.com/2010/08/21/1371585/coleman-defense-argues-against.html#ixzz0xIc8vHbA

Triple murder suspect to go to trial 'sometime in February'

The Monroe County man accused of strangling his wife and two young sons asked for a delay in his Oct. 25 murder trial.

Christopher Coleman waived his speedy trial rights until March 1, but his attorney, John O'Gara, said the trial would be take place "sometime in February."

Coleman, 34, is accused of killing his wife Sheri Coleman, 31, and sons Garett, 11, and Gavin, 9, who were discovered in their beds on May 5, 2009

http://www.bnd.com/2010/10/01/1421774/chris-coleman-to-go-to-trial-sometime.html

That's okay Chris, we'll still be waiting here....... we won't go away.

yeah, i bet they are still trying like heck to come up with some way to explain all the idiotic death threats that he made from his own computer,etc... no matter, i will happily wait till February or march or june or july of next year or the year after...no problem at all. ill wait till good 'ole chris gets whats comin' for him....

From this article:

"Coleman's attorney, John O'Gara, told the judge he didn't think he could be ready by the trial date of October 25th. The attorney said he's having trouble finding expert witnesses because of the complex evidence."

If I were an expert witness, I wouldn't touch this case with a ten foot pole. NO AMOUNT of money could get me to do anything that would put my name into transcripts next to Chris Coleman's name. This is particularly true when considering the case, a man who killed his own little boys and their mother in the most vulgar and vile way. Then to write horrible things on the children's bed coverings... I couldn't sleep at night if I found myself making money in doing something that might defend a man so definitely guilty of so heinous a crime.

They can't find expert witnesses because there aren't any who want to touch this case. Sheesh, the "complex evidence" yeah right...

My opinion, of course.

From this article:

"Coleman's attorney, John O'Gara, told the judge he didn't think he could be ready by the trial date of October 25th. The attorney said he's having trouble finding expert witnesses because of the complex evidence."

If I were an expert witness, I wouldn't touch this case with a ten foot pole. NO AMOUNT of money could get me to do anything that would put my name into transcripts next to Chris Coleman's name. This is particularly true when considering the case, a man who killed his own little boys and their mother in the most vulgar and vile way. Then to write horrible things on the children's bed coverings... I couldn't sleep at night if I found myself making money in doing something that might defend a man so definitely guilty of so heinous a crime.

They can't find expert witnesses because there aren't any who want to touch this case. Sheesh, the "complex evidence" yeah right...

My opinion, of course.

i would have to agree with you about this, for sure. is there any limit to how long they can stall? im thinking they are not going to be any more successful in finding one any time soon either...

Honestly, I don't know why there is a trial at all. CC should plead guilty and face the music. :furious:

I really do believe everyone has their day in court, but this case is a no brainer. Of all the cases on WS, this is the one I'm the MOST sure about.

What really ticks me off is that Chris Coleman is sitting in our small little county jail, having his meals catered in, and the only other criminals there are drunks and pyros. I have a feeling this trial won't start before summer 2011.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie