GUILTY Australia - Nona Bellomesoff, 18, murdered, Campbelltown, NSW, 12 May 2010

butwhatif?

Reaction score
A man has been charged with murder by police investigating the disappearance of a Sydney teenager this week.

Eighteen-year-old Nona Bellomesoff left her Cecils Hill home on Wednesday morning to meet two men she had befriended on Facebook.

Her body has been found in a creek bed in Sydney's south-west.

Detective Russell Oxford says the teenager believed she was going on a trip to work with an animal welfare organisation.

"She was obviously excited to perhaps start work in an area with animals, which she loved," he said.

Last night 20-year-old Chris Dannevig was charged with her murder.

Police say they will allege that the second man Ms Belomesoff believed she was meeting did not exist.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/05/15/2900251.htm?section=justin

Earlier yesterday, Nona's brother Gary Belomesoff, 20, described his sister as "a good girl''.

"She doesn't go out often. She's more a home girl," he said.

Mr Belomesoff said his sister, a TAFE student who graduated from Canley Vale High School last year, had a deep love of animals, which was the reason she had planned the trip.

US-based Facebook authorities were last night helping with the investigation, providing access to her profile and tracking her final communications.

Police issued a warning to social network users: "You don't know who is on the other end of the computer.''

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/na...-teen-found-dead/story-e6frf7l6-1225867079041

How incredibly sad! She wanted to do something good for animals and ended up dying. No good deed goes unpunished :(

A terribly sad story. So young , so innocent. Just trying to do something good and falls prey to a predator.

I so wish people of all ages would understand that anyone can be totally different than they appear online.

I'm sorry for her family. Such a cute, sweet face. So sad.

It is so neat when you pull the social networking info. on people. I never think to do that. I think I'm allergic. I used to have a facebook but cancelled it because I kept getting friends requests from people I didn't remember. Creeped me out. :D

Considering halloween and friday the 13th are his favorite movies freaks me out (I can't stand horror movies -- life is a horror already).

And does he have a kid on the way:

Happiest When
when im with my girlfriend and soon daughter april rose

It is so neat when you pull the social networking info. on people. I never think to do that. I think I'm allergic. I used to have a facebook but cancelled it because I kept getting friends requests from people I didn't remember. Creeped me out. :D

We should be a team because I admire how you go back and let us know how the Justice system took care of business. I don't like to do that.;)

What you do is far more important. However, sometimes these social networks give a little insight. We can't read too, too much into them, but you find out alot more about these people through their contacts. Amazing what people write on these things.

Belinda I don't have TRACEbook or SPYspace myself.:D That's what my brother's and I call them because it was always how we spied on the teenagers. Mine and my brothers. We made the evil bachelor Uncle sign up and we'd make him do the looking, and then appropriately spied.

This Bebo I believe is big across the pond.

Edit it to say that's how I got the Nancy Drew default. I spied o the then teen DD after my brother relayed some things. I called her on it and she said to someone with her "It's Nancy Drew".

From August 2012:

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/facebook-killer-jailed-for-21-years-20120831-254ft.html

A man who created a fake Facebook account to lure a teenage animal lover into bushland before killing her has been sentenced to at least 21 years in jail.

Christopher James Dannevig, 22, pleaded guilty last year to the murder of Nona Belomesoff, 18, near Campbelltown on May 12, 2010...

In December 2009, Dannevig had been jailed for two years for kidnapping a young woman and taking her into bushland in Casula 13 months earlier. He was released on parole, including the condition that he undergo counselling, on February 12, 2010 - eight days before he made contact with Ms Belomesoff online - and three months before her death.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amberdw2021
Back