2010.05.16 Richard Hornsby on Steph Watts

Status
Not open for further replies.
* No chance for a deal. Too late.
* Dumb motion to ask the state to list reasons for d.p. Should have been very clear.
* Lyon did a poor job with her 'it's sexist!' motion. Lyon's witness did a poor job.
* DP could have been placed back on the table because of how offensive it was to sell Caylee's pictures to fund her mother's defense. Could have put the state over the edge -- made the state realize how cold and calculating the mother really is.

Blaise

Hornsby can't believe a news organization hasn't gone after getting the closed hearing re: funding unsealed.

(Blaise's note -- Belich! You listening?)

Blaise

* Dumb motion to ask the state to list reasons for d.p. Should have been very clear.
* Lyon did a poor job with her 'it's sexist!' motion. Lyon's witness did a poor job.
* DP could have been placed back on the table because of how offensive it was to sell Caylee's pictures to fund her mother's defense. Could have put the state over the edge -- made the state realize how cold and calculating the mother really is.

Blaise

Another reason I love Hornsby. Seems like he has more sense than the whole bunch of 'em representing ICA. Even the high-profile ones. jmho

Sounds to me like he's agreeing with a whole bunch of folks posting here. :)

Hornsby can't believe a news organization hasn't gone after getting the closed hearing re: funding unsealed.

Blaise

You do realize KB's employers absolutely positively do not want any hearings about the funding of KC's defense unsealed right? She works for ABC. And the funding of mom of the year KC's defense for murdering her 4 year old daughter has been sponsored by the Walt Disney Corp, via its subsidiary ABC news. I can't see most of the other networks wanting to poke that dragon to hard either. They all end up looking way way bad.

Darn - I missed it or I am doing something wrong - all I can find is the Mother's day show - which I do not want to hear. Has anything else happened I want to know about?

Darn - I missed it or I am doing something wrong - all I can find is the Mother's day show - which I do not want to hear. Has anything else happened I want to know about?

LG, I usually find it about an hour after Steph's show. I never remember to listen to it live, but always catch it later. I will pm you the link if I get a chance to listen before you find it.

Tonight's show is not listed on the blog talk site which is odd because it usually is available for replay almost minutes after the show finishes. I'm hoping this is just late in getting posted because it sounds like a great show with RHornsby's input.

still not available.....sounds like a good show tonight....

LG, I usually find it about an hour after Steph's show. I never remember to listen to it live, but always catch it later. I will pm you the link if I get a chance to listen before you find it.

me too pretty please Beach :) Show is still not up which is sooo frustrating!!

You do realize KB's employers absolutely positively do not want any hearings about the funding of KC's defense unsealed right? She works for ABC. And the funding of mom of the year KC's defense for murdering her 4 year old daughter has been sponsored by the Walt Disney Corp, via its subsidiary ABC news. I can't see most of the other networks wanting to poke that dragon to hard either. They all end up looking way way bad.

Actually WFTV is only an affiliate of ABC. WFTV is owned by Cox Enterprises. Kathi Belich does not work for ABC and she was one of the first to report the $200K that ABC paid KC for pictures of Caylee.

But, I do agree that none of the TV stations really want to dig into the subject because it makes them all look bad.

me too pretty please Beach :) Show is still not up which is sooo frustrating!!

I think the link already posted here will work when it DOES finally show up. It should just show up at the top of Steph's menu.

Must be a glitch tonight. If I hear any different, I'll let y'all know.

Blaise
They've been fed stuff from the public for sooooooo long that it has to be a conscious decision on someone's part NOT to look any further.

Caylee was only two when she died. :blushing:

Blaise

BBM

Just wanted to say that Hornsby really caught my attention with this theory of why the SA may have put the DP back on the table. I had never thought about that before, however the timing could not be more telling. Looks like it gives us a sneek-peek into what might have gone on in that in-camera meeting w/JS regarding how the defense has been funded and, possibly, why it has been sealed. :innocent: Also, sheds some light on why the SA has not totally ruled out adding pecuniary gain as an aggravating factor.

I certainly don't know that he is correct, but so far he has been spot-on.

It was a really good show for those who haven't had a chance to listen.

Agreed, Beach. Well worth a listen - RHornsby is his usual crisp intelligent self, and has some interesting thought provoking comments, and statements. For me the biggest was he doesn't think ICA will get either LWOP or the DP, but will be found guilty of aggravated child abuse. Doesn't think defendants should get the death penalty unless there is absolute proof - but then he is a criminal defense attorney, so that fits.

Roz reminds me of myself - doesn't know much and has waaay too much to say. Very annoying throughout the hour. I at least have learned to STHU when an individual who does know what they are talking about is speaking.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/watts-up-with-this

. . . and, as usual, he's already come it with a goodie -- the presecutor for the case the last woman sentenced to death (the Black Widow) was . . . Judge Perry. And, Judge Perry chose to go and actually watch the execution.

Blaise

My kind of judge! Rock-On HHJP!!! :gavel:

Another reason I love Hornsby. Seems like he has more sense than the whole bunch of 'em representing ICA. Even the high-profile ones. jmho

Sounds to me like he's agreeing with a whole bunch of folks posting here. :)

Well Beach not much I can say to this except, yep so very true! :dance:

Great Listen. Rhornsby is always great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members