What do you think Ron's testimony would be against Tommy and Misty in the drug cases?

twall

Reaction score
I think the info. RC and Shoemaker are trying to use for his plea is Ron was trying to get closer to Misty to find out what happened to Haleigh or that Misty is the mastermind and he went along with it for the same reason I just stated but was reluctant to like Misty said in one of the uc videos.

NG said on last night's show Ron hardly said a word during the deals. Not true-what he did say was very damaging to him, imo, I gave a couple examples below.

Good luck with those defenses, if that is what they will use and it won't surprise me if they will try it-defense attorneys will try anything!

As for what would be used against Tommy I haven't got a clue!

With Ron's past drug history they will get laughed out of the courtroom. And for anyone who says he doesn't have a drug charge for the past few yrs. I believe it is because he learned his lesson when he got caught before and started using underage girls to do his dirty work.

I didn't see Misty holding a gun on Ron forcing him in the car. To me he seemed very happy to be there-he even said he could make enough money in 2 wks. to pay the uc back for the drugs and eat the pills himself!

In all honesty, I believe it was this same action of his that led to Haleigh's demise. He will never learn-sentence him to the mm on all counts to be served consecutive-my figure comes in at 83 yrs.

Quote from Ron in an uc video:

CUMMINGS: I like to get high. That`s why I was asking if you had any powder to let me know.

and

CUMMINGS: It should be -- it`s going to take a couple days for me to get rid of 200 of them now.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Well, I mean -- I mean, I -- I mean, I got -- I got two weeks to play with it, so I mean (EXPLETIVE DELETED) two weeks, whatever.

CUMMINGS: OK. I`ll get it for you. No problem. (EXPLETIVE DELETED) two weeks, I can make the money to pay for them and eat it myself.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: All right.

JMO

I really have no idea of how this is done but remarks were made about throwing out some of the charges, Is is possible that that particular video would be one that is thrown out. Would that be like saying he doesn't have to answer to that? If so, that really stinks!!! I can't find a link to post but one of these lawyers made a remark that public and media attention made making deals harder - or something like that. These deals seem to make it too easy on the criminals with no good results. Your example above is just why this should not be dealt away. :furious:

eta To stay on topic Ron could say that due to his dr shopping, Hank was a supplier to Misty and Tommy. Hank has the record for this. Misty's weekend jag and times she previously left could also have netted drug contacts. How this would hurt Misty and not backfire on Ron I have no idea...

IMO, i think it is going to go exactly like twall said. Ron is going to use HaLeigh's disappearence as a scape goat. He did it to find his daughter. He wanted to stay close to Misty as she is the "key" to finding his daughter, oh and this isn't about his personal life, it is about HaLeigh. JMO

I surely hope LE isn't buying it, nor the judges. His long record, regardless of when the last entry is, tells me he uses drugs and has used them for a long time. He just got lucky those few years and wasn't caught.

this is so sad.

I don't see any reason for Ron to testify against them when it's obvious he was as much a part of the deals as they were. Has to be more to this than just testifying in the drug trafficking case.

I guess he could have given up some suppliers and things of that nature but I don't know what he can say about Misty and Tommy. I guess he may have information about some deals that the UC doesn't have on tape but the state doesn't really need it for Misty, IMO. Maybe it could get Tommy a bigger sentence since the amount he's charged for is smaller.

However, since we have heard him on tape saying he likes to get high and given two weeks he can eat a load of pills by himself, I would think that a good defence lawyer could shred the credibility of his testimony to pieces if he comes up with a character testimony like, "Those two are awful junkies and they do pills all the time" or a self-defence along the lines, "I wouldn't have touched any drugs but Misty made me".

With everything that I have seen and read, I have to wonder if there really is a plea deal in the works at all.

I am thinking that it is more something to get someone to talk and that is all it is. I don't see a prosecutor offering a deal on what I would consider a slam dunk conviction on the charges.

I just am not buying that RC will be testifying against Misty and Tommy on the drug charges, I think it is something his lawyer wants people to think. as the lawyer wants to put it out there that LE thinks RC is the least guilty party, whether true or not. I do think there might be a plea deal, as RC may well want to be sure he gets ONLY 15 years, but I think the testifying part is coming just from his attorney. When you get a deal to testify against someone else, you have to have something of value to LE; it's not just a chance for the person who pleads out to get up on stand and whine about being the least involved and feeling pressured to participate.

What if, just what if, the DA, Prosecutor is baiting him,
They think he is involved in Haleigh disappearance and the truly believe MC and ToC are covering for him.
Therefore, they tell him, “Ronny boy, we are going to give you a really sweet deal, if you testify against MC and ToC we will give you only 15 years, But if you don’t testify we are giving you the maxs.
He is d*mmed if he says ok, then Mc and ToC will rat on him in Haleigh disappearance
Moreover, if RC says no I do not want the deal, they are really going to think MC and ToC have some information on him in Haleigh disappearance.
I believe LE / DA / Prosecutor, Know RC is the bigger fish here.
With Video, you do not need testimony.

MHO

From what I understood Shoemaker say, RC has two charges that carry a 25-year minimum, and three that carry a 15-year minimum. What they want is to have the two 25-year charges dropped and RC be sentenced on the lesser charges. In return for that, RC would be willing to testify against the others.

I see nothing that shows the prosecution has offered RC any kind of deal. We heard Hope say RC had told her (in the car when they rode back to jail together) that he had been offered 25 years. Now we hear of the proposed 15-year deal in exchange for RC's testimony, but that does not mean a deal has been offered by the prosecution.

I suspect the attorney is proposing this deal, not the prosecution. Time will tell whether the prosecution takes RC up on his offer, but I am not sure how this would play if MC and ToC never go to trial; if they do not go to trial, how could RC testify against them? And if the prosecutor did go for such a deal but RC never gets the opportunity to testify, what would happen to his deal?

I think Ronald is going to testify to the fact that the drug sting with the UC was not Tommy and Misty's first rodeo. If he doesn't have anything on Tommy and Misty, he can sure make it up! Probably blame some of his criminal activity on the two of them and get by with it. Ron's a choir boy. If you don't believe it, just watch HL News at 8pm!

twall,
I would love to think I could answer your question, with something close to reasonable.
Truth is, I don't have a clue.
IMO

Florida State Law:
How a plea-bargains/ deals works
Either side, the Prosecution or the defender’s attorney, may begin negotiations over a proposed plea bargain, though obviously both sides must agree before one comes to pass. The defender’s attorney must approach and conference with the prosecution on every step in consideration of the Plea-bargaining usually involves the defendant's pleading guilty to a lesser charge, or to only one of several charges. It also may involve a guilty plea as charged, with the prosecution-recommending leniency in sentencing. The judge, however, is not bound to follow the prosecution’s recommendation. Many plea bargains are subject to the approval of the court, but some may not be, the judge has the right to over rule a plea bargain at anytime.

With everything that I have seen and read, I have to wonder if there really is a plea deal in the works at all.

I am thinking that it is more something to get someone to talk and that is all it is. I don't see a prosecutor offering a deal on what I would consider a slam dunk conviction on the charges.

If there is a plea deal, then something in Putnam County just isn't right...smells to high heaven. Will RC slip right out of this like he has in the past? I have to ask WHY???
jmho

I guess he could have given up some suppliers and things of that nature but I don't know what he can say about Misty and Tommy. I guess he may have information about some deals that the UC doesn't have on tape but the state doesn't really need it for Misty, IMO. Maybe it could get Tommy a bigger sentence since the amount he's charged for is smaller.

However, since we have heard him on tape saying he likes to get high and given two weeks he can eat a load of pills by himself, I would think that a good defence lawyer could shred the credibility of his testimony to pieces if he comes up with a character testimony like, "Those two are awful junkies and they do pills all the time" or a self-defence along the lines, "I wouldn't have touched any drugs but Misty made me".

BBM

This brings up the point that Ron will testify that he "eats" drugs rather than deals them...

Fields better step up Misty's game here, we should be hearing from their camp real soon. I suspect she'll have her own plea deal in no time. jmo

But if the charge that he deals away came from this tape - can it still be used against him??? That's why the deals make me nervous.

What if, just what if, the DA, Prosecutor is baiting him,
They think he is involved in Haleigh disappearance and the truly believe MC and ToC are covering for him.
Therefore, they tell him, “Ronny boy, we are going to give you a really sweet deal, if you testify against MC and ToC we will give you only 15 years, But if you don’t testify we are giving you the maxs.
He is d*mmed if he says ok, then Mc and ToC will rat on him in Haleigh disappearance
Moreover, if RC says no I do not want the deal, they are really going to think MC and ToC have some information on him in Haleigh disappearance.
I believe LE / DA / Prosecutor, Know RC is the bigger fish here.
With Video, you do not need testimony.

MHO

You are using your common sense, and that just won't cut it. Miz Nancy saw the same videos you saw, and she thinks Ron was just along for the ride. Don't forget, TN is very proud of Ron for getting Misty behind bars, when nobody else could. I'm reminded of Marcia Clark, when she said everything in the OJ trial was jabberwocky. Up was down, black was white, good was bad, etc! Just mind blowing!

I, personally don't think that RC would/could testify against TC/MC in the drug case. I think it is possibly in the works to narc on others in the community that are using/supplying drugs...if that is the case, it would stand to reason that RC would/could testify in those that he narced on, in their trials in the future.
This scenario makes more sense to me as I can't wrap my head around the need for the DA to have RC witness against TC/MC when they've got plenty of video and an UC for these charges levied against RC.
Also would like to point out that RC has lived in Putnam County a lot longer than either MC/TC had...therefore it would make sense that he would be more in the 'know' as to who does what in the circle of drug abusers/dealers, etc.

IMO, i think it is going to go exactly like twall said. Ron is going to use HaLeigh's disappearence as a scape goat. He did it to find his daughter. He wanted to stay close to Misty as she is the "key" to finding his daughter, oh and this isn't about his personal life, it is about HaLeigh. JMO

I surely hope LE isn't buying it, nor the judges. His long record, regardless of when the last entry is, tells me he uses drugs and has used them for a long time. He just got lucky those few years and wasn't caught.
this is so sad.

Ger just mentioned he has lived in Punam County for quite sometime, that goes for his family too..I just pray LE and the judges haven't and aren't purposely turning their heads the other way when it comes to Ronald Cummings..I'm not convinced IF he is offered any kind of plea deal that they aren't turning their heads..Same applies to his involvement concerning Haleigh..JMO

I have tried to stay away because this really make me mad! I just couldn't hold it much longer. It makes NO SENSE TO ME WHAT SO EVER WHY LE WOULD EVEN CONSIDER A PLEA UNLESS IT BROUGHT HALEIGH HOME! :furious: NONE! :furious:

I just don't understand. :banghead:

What could Ronald have on Misty or Tommy when it comes to the drug case that LE doesn't already have on video?
If Ron is snitching, that would be minor IMO.
Even if it Could be about Misty's drug/prostitution house she visited or where she got her drugs, IMO Ronald was right there with her.
As for Tommy, the only thing I can think of is maybe Tommy told Ronald where he got his street drugs from and Ronald snitched on those people? Regardless, when it comes to the drug case I just don't understand why they would give Ronald a plea deal, any of them. Unless Ronald knows something about what happen to Haleigh and he told LE about it and they were able to bring her home. But IMO, if that was the case then Ronald must of taken part some how. I feel the same about all the players mixed up in this drug case :twocents:

:truce:

When they're having trouble getting info, LE likes to set up where the people involved will be going at each other. Then they start singing. It's a trick that can work very well for LE. I don't know what they can get out of this though, but it does seem better to me if Ron and Misty are going at each other rather than sticking together. LE has thought this over. There are probably LE in Putnam county who do nothing but sit and think about this case and go over it and go over it, full time.

Misty and Ron and Tommy got to thinking they were smarter than LE back when they were doing small time stuff and it wasn't worth it for LE to spend much time on them, and they have probably lied and weaseled their way out of all kinds of stuff. But when Johnny Law really focuses on something, all of a sudden he ain't as dumb as you thought he was. And if it's something he really wants, he don't give up. The guys that are working on this one--their boss isn't saying, hurry up and get this done so you can get back to working some more of these Putnam County pill deals and arrest some more rinky-dink hoods. They're saying, whatever you need.

I mean, let's get real: They really don't need Ron's testimony against Misty in this drug case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Taylor Sage
Back