The Plaid Blanket

BondJamesBond

Blunt Instrument
Reaction score
This will be a poor example of an opening post for a thread. I am relying on some stellar WS's to dress it up & source it properly. TIA!!

There has been discussion on the Fibers thread re: the potential for a plaid blanket to be the source of some wool fibers that forensic analysis found on the duct tape recovered with the remains.

IIRC, Cindy indicated that there was a plaid blanket missing from the Pontiac when it was recovered 7/15.

Not much is known about the plaid blanket, hence, this may serve as yet another brief reference thread.

If anyone is interested in perusing through pics and looking for evidence of a plaid blanket...well...there's one opportunity to do some digging FWIW.

So...:waitasec: What do we 'know' about the plaid blanket??? :waitasec:

Thanks! I was just about to reply to Woe's post on the fiber thread.

Reposting Cindy’s statement about the red plaid blanket, page 143/325 of Part 2:

Q Okay. The blue bin that's shown in Exhibit 15, is that the blue bin that was in the trunk?

A Yes. That -- I took that out of the trunk.

Q Okay. Were there items in the blue bin that you recall at this time?

A Typically there's a blanket and some other items. I don't know why they're not in there. I don't know so

Q Do you have a specific recollection of what else was in the blue bin?

A I know typically, when I would see casey's car, there would be a blanket that was - - like a red-plaid blanket and then her car-seat covers. Those she could have taken out. But the last time I had seen it, I—truthfully, I don’t recall if there’s stuff in there, but typically that’s what was in the bin in the back.

red fibers were found on Q104 duct tape (Page 696 of 1405) http://www.wftv.com/news/21185313/detail.html#

From Cindy's July 9th deposition:

Questioner: “Do you have a specific recollection of what else was in the blue bin?
Cindy Anthony: I know typically, when I would see Casey’s car, there would be a blanket that was–like a red-plaid blanket and then her car-seat covers. Those she could have taken out.

So I guess the blue bin was in the trunk and contained the plaid blanket...which was not there when CA looked through KC's Sunfire after the A's retrieved it from the impound?

In re. CA's depo excerpt - so best I understand, that is the LAST anyone has heard or seen of that plaid blanket, correct? What about those car seat covers that she references? I'm just wondering if everything that usually stayed in that bin is now missing?

Thank you! I have stared at those pics until my eyes are crossing.... It is possible. I wish we had a color pic of that one!
I have a shot of what appears as JP and Ricardo's normal couch blanket(NOT PLAID) -- and thus always felt that maybe that the plaid blanket was something kc brought in their apt for Caylee -- maybe she didn't have her pooh blankie with her that night.
JPaptpic.jpg

I have a shot of what appears as JP and Ricardo's normal couch blanket(NOT PLAID) -- and thus always felt that maybe that the plaid blanket was something kc brought in their apt for Caylee -- maybe she didn't have her pooh blankie with her that night.
JPaptpic.jpg

The reason I mentioned the different blankets is because we saw Caylee at their apartment with her pooh blankie, then we saw the graphic blanket (Photo above) and then the plaid blanket. When Caylee is sitting on the couch she has the plaid blanket in the same position as the one with the Pooh blanket and in the pic with her jammies. Like this was the routine. Here is the one with the pooh blanket [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4656848&postcount=4"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Images Only NO DISCUSSION![/ame]
Often KC is dressed like she is going out for the night - or a date, jewlrey, makeup, etc and Caylee almost looks like she was getting ready for bed-- but KC doesn't look like she is getting ready for bed.

Hard to know where to pull all the discussion on this in from, isn't it? One thread is the T-shirt thread (JP's/RM/AH townhome/Globe photos) :) The wool looking plaid blanket that may or may not be the one :) and the Winnie (flannel) blanket were there, as well as Caylee's t-shirt, photos taken in Jan and March 08 IIRC

I found this:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4978161&postcount=362"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Caylee's "Big Trouble..." Shirt Incl. Photos *Merged*[/ame]

color pictures...

Is this the blanket that cindy said was in the trunk? Could KC have taken it into Ricardo's house for Caylee?
http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID1168/images/Casey_and_Caylee_2.jpg

Yes, but I don't think it was left there ultimately, because I would think that after this amount of time, one of the roommates would have discovered it and turned it over. I am sure they went through all of their stuff, Amy, Ricardo, JP, etc.
Could have been overlooked at one of their places, but usually people their age/roommates don't have a lot of possessions, and they know what is theirs.
If KC got rid of the blanket, why did she dispose of it seperately from the other items?

YES!! perfect!! great find :)

The colors look to be black, red, light blue, gray (or maybe a dingy white), maybe a couple of others. It looks like a wool blend blanket to me.

That appears to be a pillow case, no? Good find either way, maybe my eyes are failing me faster than I thought :)

That appears to be a pillow case, no? Good find either way, maybe my eyes are failing me faster than I thought :)

Hmmm, now that you say that, I can see where it could be a pillow or pillow case. But it looks like there might be a red throw pillow underneath what I'm thinking is the blanket, so maybe that explains the sort of rectangular, puffed appearance suggestive of a pillow. The colors and the rough look of the material (and the fact that it's plaid and CA said there was a red plaid blanket missing from the trunk) make me think that this could be 'the' blanket.

THANK YOU --- I WAS LOOKING FOR THE COLOR VERSION of these!!!!!!!
Colors match up all right.
Also interesting is KC had all kinds of Ohio State University stuff -- their primary colors are: Red, Black and white. So think stadium blankets, hats, etc -- besides shirts can anyone think of any other pics with Ohio State gear?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back