Pickaxe Flies off Truck, Hits Couple's Windshield

noZme

Reaction score
http://www.ktla.com/news/ktla-seattle-pickaxe-freeway-405,0,6981479.story

KIRKLAND, WA -- It came out of nowhere for a couple driving along Interstate 405; a 4-foot pickaxe went flying right through their windshield of their Mercedes SUV.

"All of a sudden I saw something fly up in the air, looked like an ice climbing axe, next thing there was a loud pop and it came through the windshield and got wedged in the seat between the two of us." They say the pickaxe soared off the back of a truck just ahead of them.

"Thankfully both Maxine and I wear glasses so we didn't have any glass in our eyes," says Henning, "but I'm afraid that we might have, had we not had glasses."

The photo is freaky! The Hennings were able to provide a good description of the truck, but so far it has not been located. In Washington state, it's a serious crime for a load to come unsecured and hurt someone. Convictions usually result in a year in jail, and $5,000 in fines.

Wow! Luck was on their side that day.

http://www.ktla.com/news/ktla-seattle-pickaxe-freeway-405,0,6981479.story

KIRKLAND, WA -- It came out of nowhere for a couple driving along Interstate 405; a 4-foot pickaxe went flying right through their windshield of their Mercedes SUV.

"All of a sudden I saw something fly up in the air, looked like an ice climbing axe, next thing there was a loud pop and it came through the windshield and got wedged in the seat between the two of us." They say the pickaxe soared off the back of a truck just ahead of them.

"Thankfully both Maxine and I wear glasses so we didn't have any glass in our eyes," says Henning, "but I'm afraid that we might have, had we not had glasses."

The photo is freaky! The Hennings were able to provide a good description of the truck, but so far it has not been located. In Washington state, it's a serious crime for a load to come unsecured and hurt someone. Convictions usually result in a year in jail, and $5,000 in fines.

BBM:
I am so glad the saying that nothing could come between em..was wrong!

Oh my goodness! I can honestly say I would have wet my pants if this were me! I had a log flatbed lose his load in front of me, that was scary enough, but nothing sharp and deadly came through my windshield. I hope they find the errant truck driver, to make an example out of him. I'm so pleased no one here was hurt, just scared out of their wits!

53932803-24185746.jpg

I saved someone the pleasure of having a hammer flying at them once. This guy had left a hammer on the roof of his truck.
I was in the right lane and they were in the left lane just a bit ahead of me when I noticed the hammer. I then hit the gas and got in front of him. Of course I am looking at the hammer which is on the top left of the roof and pointing and the guy in passenger seat is all smiles looking at me as I whizzed by because he thinks I am checking him out. Then he gets the driver to try and catch up and I am trying to keep a good space so he doesnt pass while keeping close enough to him so when we get to the traffic light I can tell him there is a hammer on his roof.

It was winter and his windows were up plus I wasnt sticking my head out to have to loped with a hammer so staying in front was the option I picked.

Except this guy thinks I am doing some kinda redneck mating race.
So now I dont even wanna tell him about the hammer on his roof I just want to keep driving far away. But I know I have a civil duty too inform.
I get to the light first and had to hang back way farther than the other cars so I could be close enough to let him know. I have no idea what was going on in his mind or what he thought I was trying to do but I really think he was going to jump out the window and try to live with me. He had half his torso leaning out over the truck. I was all freaked out as I yelled to him about the hammer on his roof. Which must of jogged the memory of him putting it there because he didnt even look up as he put his torso back in the truck and then reached out to get the hammer.
It was awkward. But worth the weirdness if it saved someone from injury or property damage. If it ever happened again I think I will skip the pointing. Some people just read to much into that..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong
Back