2010.5.24 JVM/Fields quote: Is this case a garage sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donjeta

Adji Desir, missing from Florida
Reaction score
Art, I understand you have just gotten off the phone with Misty`s attorney. What is he telling you?

ART HARRIS, INVESTIGATIVE JOURNALIST: Jane, just a few minutes ago I spoke with Robert Fields, Misty Cummings -- Misty Croslin`s lawyer, who says she has revealed everything she knows to police. They have her story on tape. And they are now just waiting to hear back from law enforcement. He says, quote, "It`s like a garage sale. We`ve put it all out there, and we`re just waiting for someone to buy it."

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, what have they -- what has she revealed, Art? I mean, at first she said she was sleeping in the trailer and woke up, and Haleigh was gone, and the door was open and a light was on. Now, according to her grandma, Flo, she`s told another story about Tommy and Cousin Joe taking Haleigh down to the river and tossing her in the water. But we haven`t heard that -- the real story out of her mouth from the jailhouse tapes.

If she`s telling everything she knows, why doesn`t she tell her dad on the jailhouse tapes, "Dad, here`s what happened"?

HARRIS: Well, the jailhouse tapes are a little delayed, Jane. They were made between, you know, March and April. And some of them, the phone calls were the last couple of weeks in April.

So the lawyer is telling me he has seen her, you know, in court, and he`s spoken with her extensively about the story. And she says that night, Tommy and Joe come over to get the gun. Joe was angry. We`ve heard this before. She takes little Junior and hides under the covers and hears Haleigh screaming and keeps the covers over her head. And all of a sudden, they`re gone. She hears the door slam, presumably the door to the blue van that was used to take Haleigh`s body to the river.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And didn`t she also reportedly say she heard screams coming from the other room?

HARRIS: She sure did. And, you know, she claimed she was so frightened, she was paralyzed that Joe had threatened to kill her and her family and put a knife to her throat. And if this is true, this is the story that she`s been telling.

Unfortunately, she has not been able to pass a lie detector test. She talks about those tests on these tapes, Jane. Misty, in fact, at one point tells her father she`s angry, because at ArtHarris.com we broke the secret police lie detector test that she took and flunked miserably, February 26.

What do y'all make of the Fields quote? What does it mean, it's a garage sale?

Assuming it's verbatim, it rubs me the wrong way somehow because it sounds like it's a game. It sounds to me like Fields is saying Misty has had all kinds of junk out there for over a year now and no one was buying but now she's come up with more saleable junk and they're hoping some silly twit would buy it this time.

What did he mean? I must have gotten him wrong because he's a defense attorney, and he wouldn't be implying that his client is a hopeless liar, would he?

[Snipped]

Sounds more like a Flea Market to me and not in a good way.

First, this is an Art Harris quote and I don't see why Fields should confide anything to Art Harris. I'll believe it comes from Fields, when it does come from Fields.

As far as what's at this 'garage sale' I'm not buying anything. LOL

I think it's a figure of speech, like "Run it up the flag pole and see who salutes it." They are trying to see if they can get someone in LE to buy (believe) her stories.

Good Morning WSer's!

Quote by Att. Robert Fields;
"It`s like a garage sale. We`ve put it all out there, and we`re just waiting for someone to buy it."

My interpretation (my opinion only);
"It's like a garage sale. We know the "product" (story) we're trying to sell is "faulty" (a lie) but who knows, someone just might buy it..."

(Respectfully Snipped)
Quote by Donjeta;
"...he wouldn't be implying that his client is a hopeless liar, would he?"
------------------------------------------------------------------
That may not have been his intention but that's certainly how his statement came across to me Donjeta!

JMHO ~

Assuming it's verbatim, it rubs me the wrong way somehow because it sounds like it's a game. It sounds to me like Fields is saying Misty has had all kinds of junk out there for over a year now and no one was buying but now she's come up with more saleable junk and they're hoping some silly twit would buy it this time.

What did he mean? I must have gotten him wrong because he's a defense attorney, and he wouldn't be implying that his client is a hopeless liar, would he?

One thing for sure it doesn't give me much hope that Misty is telling the truth if Misty's own lawyer describes her claims as a garage sale. I think she may have been implicated by Tommy and now Misty is covering her own butt and her lawyer wants to make all this sound like just another version of" he said she said". Except now, it's in Misty's best interest for this to look like just another story.

Isn't Fields the guy that wouldn't talk for two weeks? Now all of a sudden he is talking and to who? Art Harris? ...I won't buy what Misty's selling until their is proof to back it up, and in my opinion this is her lawyer's way of spinning this mess into deeper confusion.

Very odd comment for her lawyer to say; given the gravity of the whole situation. If Field's is fed up with Misty and who could blame him, but he needs to step away. Maybe he means she gave all the info. but it is not worth much because she doesn't know if it was Tommy or Joe, as she was under the covers? It certainly appears they are not buying what Misty is selling. I doubt the Prosecutor is going to believe anything any of them say without passing a poly and I hope what Hank said to Misty on Tape 1 or 2 is correct, Tommy has now passed. Hopefully, Field's will clarify his sound bite from last night.

I'll "stick" to the pasta theory that I posted on another thread ;)

I think it's a figure of speech, like "Run it up the flag pole and see who salutes it." They are trying to see if they can get someone in LE to buy (believe) her stories.

Or how about, "Let's throw it on the wall and see what sticks."

Any one of these statements make it sound like they're just throwing random cr@p out there to see if anyone will think that ANYTHING is worthy of being the REAL TRUTH. It kind of seems like political double talk wrapped in children's lies.

Let's just say for a second that she is/has told the truth about something (ANYTHING!), it makes one wonder if her Momma ever told her any bedtime stories. "The Boy who Cried Wolf" or maybe even "Chicken Little."

Has Misty recanted ANY of the 436,569,783 stories she's told about that night yet? Has she EVER come out and said, I lied about saying "I just woke up and she was gone." or "I didn't do nothin' wit...TO that little girl."

Not unless it is on a recording we haven't heard yet.

Poor Haleigh. Won't anyone come forward so she can be put to rest!?

IMHO I think mistys lawyer is gonna dump her and move on. Seems like he is just about done...

We have all been to this "garage sale " many times, they don't have anything worth buying, its all garbage..... JMO

I don't think he could have found a better analogy. The "pasta" theory is great but I think he has figured out that LE isn't hungry for any more of Misty's lies.

It's pretty sad and very telling when the media and WebSleuthers don't jump on a story that Misty has finally told the truth and it's in the hands of LE.

I think we're tired of the lies and we're tired of the same old stories that just don't hold water. Misty is still playing dangerous games and for some reason that song "Games People Play" is going through my head.

"...Turns you sad on humanity
And you don't give a da da da da da..."

I took all of his comments to mean " we've put yet another statement from Misty out there for LE. (yep we actually "recorded it" this time) They're still not buying it a thing she says. So I'm going to tease the rubes about it here on TV in order to try and stir up a deal of some sort."

It's yet another attempt to throw someone else under the bus. Nothing more, and certainly nothing that will lead to what happened to Hayleigh except in the most oblique read between the lines manner.

It's pretty sad and very telling when the media and WebSleuthers don't jump on a story that Misty has finally told the truth and it's in the hands of LE.

I think we're tired of the lies and we're tired of the same old stories that just don't hold water. Misty is still playing dangerous games and for some reason that song "Games People Play" is going through my head.

"...Turns you sad on humanity
And you don't give a da da da da da..."

"...if I was tellin' you the truth right now would you believe it? Games people play in the middle of the night... ."

I think you just hit the nail on the head!

Weird comment from an attorney. Also weird saying they've turned her statement over to LE and are waiting for a call back from them. Really? What is LE supposed to do with it now?
"Please disregard lies #1-49. THIS is the real deal."
Puhleeeeeze.

We have all been to this "garage sale " many times, they don't have anything worth buying, its all garbage..... JMO

ITA. In most garage sales, "one man's trash is another man's treasure". There's nothing of value in Misty's throwaways, absolutely nothing.

IMHO I think mistys lawyer is gonna dump her and move on. Seems like he is just about done...

I hope you're right AlmostGone - IMO Misty's att. should have stepped down along time ago! This may not be a popular view but IMO Misty's willingness to take TM's LDT/VSA without and/or against the advice of her counsel indicates (strongly) to me that Misty is easily led and/or pursauded by others and this is extremely dangerous in terms of her making a false confession - and yes, I believe that has already contributed to her giving/making alot of these false stories/statements - Mr. Field's has been ineffective in convincing his client to follow his professional legal advice, so what is he hanging around for? I won't answer my own question as I have some strong feelings/suspicions regarding this and expressing them could result in a T/O. Suffice it to say that I feel Mr. Fields should step down immediately. JMHO ~

I've played the game Telephone before. One person says something, then it's changed a little to the next person.......Whenever it gets to AH, there's always a problem.

just be careful where you step as there are "steaming piles" of MC stories and Toc stories laying around.

:crazy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member