AZ AZ - Randy Parscale, 10, Oracle, 7 April 1979

SheWhoMustNotBeNamed

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
31 years later, hope for a son

More than three decades after the disappearance of her little boy, Peggy Foley still has hope.

"I personally think there's more to it," she said. "It's not over."

Foley hasn't seen her son, Randy Doyle Parscale Jr., since April 1979.

Randy, then 10 years old and a third-grader at Roberts Elementary School, was hiking in Peppersauce Canyon near Oracle with his father and other family members when he ran ahead on the trail and disappeared from sight. For almost a week hundreds of searchers - on foot, on horseback, via helicopter and using search dogs - scoured the rough terrain on the north side of the Catalina Mountains. An Oracle man who was part of the search party died of a heart attack while looking for Randy.

More: http://azstarnet.com/news/local/article_642ae36e-d3ec-56db-870c-f32466a9ed86.html

Wonder where Frank Atwood was when Randy disappeared? He was a pedophile of both boys and girls, had kidnapped a boy in 1981, and then went on to kidnap and murder Vicki Lynn Hoskinson. Makes it seem more like a kidnapping since Charley Project says tracks were followed to a dirt road and then just stopped...like he had gotten into a car.

Here is more information from Porchlight International about Randy:

Randy Doyle Parscale Jr.

Left and Center: Parscale, circa 1979;
Right: Age-progression at age 34 (circa 2003)

Vital Statistics at Time of Disappearance

Missing Since: April 7, 1979 from Oracle, Arizona
Classification: Non-Family Abduction
Date Of Birth: January 13, 1969
Height and Weight: 4'6, 70 pounds
Distinguishing Characteristics: Caucasian male. Brown hair, blue eyes.
Clothing/Jewelry Description: Blue pants, a green jacket, and shoes with a bulls-eye pattern on the soles.

Details of Disappearance

Parscale was last seen hiking with his family in Peppersauce Canyon in the Santa Catalina Mountains near Oracle, Arizona Arizona on April 7, 1979. He wandered ahead of the rest of the group and has never been seen again. An extensive search of the canyon area did not produce any evidence as to Parscale's whereabouts.
In 1985, a woman reported that she had found a dollar bill with the phrase, "I'm alive in Phoenix, Ariz. Help me. Randy Parscale" written on it. Police investigation of this lead turned up no evidence. In 1989, Parscale's family found out that a man using Parscale's Social Security Number (SSN) was working at a construction site in Phoenix. His father went to Phoenix to investigate and found out that the individual also fit Parscale's physical description. He was no longer employed at the site, however. The construction worker was never located and his identity has not been confirmed.

Investigators are uncertain what happened to Parscale. His case is classified as a non-family abduction but he may have simply become lost in the mountains. His case is unsolved.

Taken from: (Second post in thread)

http://z10.invisionfree.com/usedtobedoe/index.php?showtopic=7765

Interesting story about the woman in 1985 who found the dollar bill with Randy's name and a "help me!" message on it, in addition to the 1989 incident about the construction worker claiming to be using Randy's Social Security Number.

I wonder how long those reports were investigated? One thing to question is what else did the woman and construction worker know in 1985 and 1989 respectively? Was the dollar bill that the woman alleged to have found collected by the police as evidence? If they could like that money to an article of clothing or shoes, or some microscopic piece of hair or skin through Randy's DNA, it would really help to determine if the dollar bill was in his possession. Do they have DNA on file for Randy?

Satch

Well it seems that Randy was alive for a long period after he vanished (or perhaps even still is alive).

I see from this article on 13 April 1979 - http://news.google.com/newspapers?id=vCFTAAAAIBAJ&sjid=soIDAAAAIBAJ&dq=randy-parscale&pg=6996%2C1181905 - that the police gave his survival chances as "almost nil" however they did say there was speculation he got picked up on the road.

I wonder if this case was well known in the area, if it became a famous schoolyard story and the dollar bill was a prank? I know that happened with Johnny Gosch and money with "Help Me -Johnny Gosch" turned up.

The worker using the SS number in 1989 sounds more plausible and we can only hope it was Randy....

The dollar bill that showed up with Johnny Gosch's name on it was real. By real, I mean that there really was a dollar bill that said, "I'm alive. John Gosch" that showed up in Sioux City, Iowa I believe. His mother believed it to be the real deal because she said it was written in his handwriting. I remember a news conference she gave showing the dollar to the press.

In 1989, Parscale's family found out that a man using Parscale's Social Security Number (SSN) was working at a construction site in Phoenix. His father went to Phoenix to investigate and found out that the individual also fit Parscale's physical description. He was no longer employed at the site, however. The construction worker was never located and his identity has not been confirmed.

The worker using the SS number in 1989 sounds more plausible and we can only hope it was Randy....

Big red flag for me. How many 10 year old kids have their SS# memorized? That construction worker- if Randy- would have been 20 years old in 1989. Was a description of the man ever obtained?

It is possible if the man was Randy that he could have gone and gotten a copy of his SS# but would have needed to provide proof of ID.

Another possibility is that someone with access to a Social Security number data base got the number. Either for Randy himself, or for someone that remembered Randy's story and needed to get a false ID for someone.

Also, looks like his Dad, a Viet Nam vet died in 2003 at the age of 59. RIP.

Big red flag for me. How many 10 year old kids have their SS# memorized? That construction worker- if Randy- would have been 20 years old in 1989. Was a description of the man ever obtained?

It is possible if the man was Randy that he could have gone and gotten a copy of his SS# but would have needed to provide proof of ID.

Another possibility is that someone with access to a Social Security number data base got the number. Either for Randy himself, or for someone that remembered Randy's story and needed to get a false ID for someone.

Also, looks like his Dad, a Viet Nam vet died in 2003 at the age of 59. RIP.

Randy was born in 1969. Social security numbers were not issued to children in those days. It has only been in the past 20 years or so that the SSN has been required to claim a child as a dependent.

So I'm guessing that the person who obtained the SSN in Randy's name was either Randy himself (which I doubt) OR someone who was an illegal / fugitive / identity thief who found the story of Randy, including his birthdate, and manufactured himself an identity. This used to happen much more often in the days before computers.

Randy was born in 1969. Social security numbers were not issued to children in those days. It has only been in the past 20 years or so that the SSN has been required to claim a child as a dependent.

So I'm guessing that the person who obtained the SSN in Randy's name was either Randy himself (which I doubt) OR someone who was an illegal / fugitive / identity thief who found the story of Randy, including his birthdate, and manufactured himself an identity. This used to happen much more often in the days before computers.

Not common but I got mine in the early 70's and I'm not much older than Randy. If he hadn't yet had a SS# then one would have been issued requiring proof of ID and parent's ID if he was under 18. A manufactured identity of an adult 18 or over would be most likely scenario if it were faked .

Which brings up how it was flagged. Was it because the name came up in a data base possibly from applying for the SS#? It would be helpful to know when and where the SS# was issued- date, location etc.

Wonder where Frank Atwood was when Randy disappeared? He was a pedophile of both boys and girls, had kidnapped a boy in 1981, and then went on to kidnap and murder Vicki Lynn Hoskinson. Makes it seem more like a kidnapping since Charley Project says tracks were followed to a dirt road and then just stopped...like he had gotten into a car.

Charlie Project says its possible that Randy got lost in the mountains or fallen down a mine shaft. However, I don't think so, because if tracks lead to a road and than stopped, my first instinct tragically is an abduction. I think most likely he got into a car. Unless we examine the thought of a rocky trail with prints leading to a paved road where he could have gotten lost. However, when tracks stop at a road, I think sadly a kidnapping more probable. How awful!

Satch

Knowing the general area....I don't believe that he was kidnapped. It is very hilly, rocky, a lot of areas where someone could fall and hurt themselves and not be able to get out. I mean with the tire tracks I think abduction COULD be possible but....it is hard to tell either way.

A boy vanished in Colorado in 1978 under nearly identical circumstances. Christopher Vigil ran ahead of his mother and little sibling on the Grey Rock trail in Poudre Canyon and was never seen again. I wonder if there is a connection. It seems an unlikely environment for an abduction as you need to get the child off the trail back to the parking lot.

NCMC603390c1.jpg
NCMC603390e1.jpg

RANDY DOYLE PARSCALE Age Progression
Case Type: Non Family Abduction
DOB: Jan 13, 1969 Sex: Male
Missing Date: Apr 6, 1979 Race: White
Age Now: 44 Height: 4'6" (137 cm)
Missing City: ORACLE Weight: 70 lbs (32 kg)
Missing State : AZ Hair Color: Brown
Missing Country: United States Eye Color: Blue

Case Number: NCMC603390

Circumstances: Randy's photo is shown age-progressed to 34 years. He was last seen hiking in Peppersauce Canyon when he became separated from his family. His full name is Randy Doyle Parscale Jr.

http://www.missingkids.com/missingk...NCMC&seqNum=1&caseLang=en_US&searchLang=en_US

What company was the man using RP's SSN working for?

What information did his father find out, when he went to Phoenix?

How is it possible that Randy's SSN is being used? I agree with others, there is no way that is possible that a young boy had or knew his SSN.

Is there a paper trail for someone applying for it?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back