GUILTY MI - Mark Baldwin for sex abuse, child *advertiser censored*, Niles, 2010

BeanE

Inactive
Reaction score
Website
casesignal.wordpress.com
Niles parents arrested for child *advertiser censored* involving daughter
Niles couple accused of taking sexually explicit pictures of daughter and posting them on the internet. Daughter with cerebral palsy tells CPS of sexual abuse by father.
Posted: 6:30 PM May 25, 2010

Police first arrested the father, 47-year-old Mark Baldwin. Authorities were tipped off to the situation when someone spotted a naked picture of Baldwin and his 9-year-old daughter on his yahoo account.

snip

Baldwin was initially investigated by MSP and then Federal Authorities charged him.

Days afterward Mark’s wife, Michelle Baldwin was also arrested on child *advertiser censored* charges.

According to court documents the father was forcing his daughter to have sex with him and placing pictures of it on the internet.

snip

The most disturbing report in court documents is when the daughter divulged sexual abuse by her father on several occasions to Child Protective Services.

http://www.wndu.com/hometop/headlines/94873019.html

Niles man, wife face child-sex charges in federal court
Husband accused of posting nude photos on Internet
Tuesday, May 25, 2010 1:07 PM EDT

A Niles man who allegedly posted nude photos online of himself and a disabled 9-year-old girl is facing both federal and state sex charges, and his wife is facing federal charges.

Mark Owen Baldwin and Michelle Baldwin are scheduled to be arraigned today in federal court in Grand Rapids on child exploitation charges. Mark Baldwin also faces state charges of criminal sexual conduct.

The girl reportedly suffers from either cerebral palsy or autism. Images found on Mark Baldwin's computer also allegedly show him having intercourse with the child, officials said.

The Baldwins each face three federal counts of sexual exploitation of a child. Mark Baldwin also faces a federal charge of possession of images of a minor.

The Baldwins were indicted by a federal grand jury last week. Today's arraignment was scheduled for 10:30 a.m. before Judge Ellen Carmody.

Mark Baldwin, 47, is also facing state charges in Berrien County Trial Court, where he was arraigned in late April on two counts of first-degree criminal sexual conduct against a child under age 13. The incidents allegedly occurred earlier this year.

He is scheduled to be in Berrien County Trial Court in Niles on Friday for a pre-hearing conference, and a preliminary hearing is scheduled for June 1. He is currently in federal custody.

snip

The state police report in the state court file documented that the child told a counselor with the Berrien County Child Assessment Center about Mark Baldwin's actions. That report stated that the girl has cerebral palsy.

The report also indicated that Mark Baldwin told police that they "would find child sexually abusive material on his computer once it was analyzed."

Malesky wouldn't say Monday how many images were found, but said it was the nature of the images rather than the number that made the case "more severe."

http://www.heraldpalladium.com/articles/2010/05/25/local_news/1451126.txt

“A concerned citizen ended up providing the information to Michigan State Police and Michigan State Police rolled with it for a while,” explains FBI agent John King.
The most disturbing report in court documents is when the daughter divulged sexual abuse by her father on several occasions to Child Protective Services.
http://www.wndu.com/hometop/headlines/94873019.html

There are no words. Who was protecting this child?

That's it. I can't take it anymore.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::furious::furious::furious:

(((filly))) I get it. I really do.

I cant decide if the problem of child abuse and incest and sexual abuse is worse or the internet is providing a platform that was underground before. This guy had pictures on a Yahoo account? He knew he was going to get caught. I wonder if that is part of the game.

But the child. This poor child. WTH? I cannot decide from the snips if CPS took action that led to the arrest or no one paid attention to the child when she first discussed it with someone.

(((filly))) I get it. I really do.

I cant decide if the problem of child abuse and incest and sexual abuse is worse or the internet is providing a platform that was underground before. This guy had pictures on a Yahoo account? He knew he was going to get caught. I wonder if that is part of the game.

But the child. This poor child. WTH? I cannot decide from the snips if CPS took action that led to the arrest or no one paid attention to the child when she first discussed it with someone.

My read was that the child had told CPS previously and no action was taken for who knows what reason (lack of evidence?). Someone saw the photos on yahoo and reported the photos to law enforcement (not CPS).

execute him.

i'll throw the switch. his wife too

That's it. I can't take it anymore.:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::furious::furious::furious:

I wasn't sure what to say but you expressed everything I'm feeling.

has anyone seen an age for the wife?

I'm going to throw up.

pretty sure I found his ms - age matches, location matches

but he lists himself as single ... (wish I had a picture to verify)

don't think I'm allowed to post the link until there's verification via pic though ...

and it's gross

My read was that the child had told CPS previously and no action was taken for who knows what reason (lack of evidence?). Someone saw the photos on yahoo and reported the photos to law enforcement (not CPS).

A 9 year old handicapped child tells authorities (CPS/LE) that her dad is doing nasty things to her and they leave her there.
Had to wait for pictures. Does this make sense to anyone ?

I'm going to throw up.

pretty sure I found his ms - age matches, location matches

but he lists himself as single ... (wish I had a picture to verify)

don't think I'm allowed to post the link until there's verification via pic though ...

and it's gross

I saw that ms page too, it does look like him with longer hair.
Your right, this guy is gross!

Sometimes I read here and there are just no words to describe what I'm thinking/feeling. This is one of those cases. MyI mind just can't comprehend how someone could do this to a child, their child, and a child with physical disabilities.

I can't say what I hope happens with this "man" and "woman" (I refuse to call them parents).

I will say that I hope this little girl gets the help she needs, and will need, and that a loving family will take her to raise.

There is no one left to hold CPS accountable if indeed they SCREWED up here. Couldnt have been much of an investigation if they found insufficient proof given that dad copped to everything when he voluntarily gave police his computer.

So, I am pondering....here the child is now in state care, dependent upon the very organization that failed her potentially. No parents left to fight for her. Isnt there a pro bono attorney out there who would like to take on this child's cause? Someone who can get the agency charged for BLOWING this case (if that happened) and someone who can get some kind of restitution for this child who will likely need care her whole life?

Anyone???????

Well using the initials and numbers from the ms url it looks like he's done some business on Ebay...wonder just what he was ordering. He also plays poker.

monsters gross sick and low life individuals...........protect these children.........
castrate both parents now!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10
Back