MD MD - Baltimore, BlkFem 25-35, UP2744, clipboard, beeper, lipstick, key chain, jewelry, Sep'99

cj1132

Reaction score
I found this case in Namus UP #2744

This unidentified female was found September 9, 1999 in Baltimore, Maryland in an abandoned building.

Estimated Height - 5'0

Age - 25-35

Skeletal Parts Only

https://identifyus.org/cases/2744

I found this possible match:

Emma Mae Bland

Missing since July 6, 1999

Height: 5' although I have seen her height listed at 4'9 to 4'10 on another site

https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/1876/0

This doe was found less than a mile from where Emma was last seen.

The one thing I'm not sure of is if someone would be skeletonized if they were in an abandoned building for 2 months. Since the body would have been there during the hottest months of the summer, would it be possible to be skeletonized?

This is definitely worth a call-in. And yes, a body can completely skeletonize in two months under the right conditions.

If the bones were inside an abandoned house, it seems strange that all of the parts are not all there, unless the house was left open to animals. If so, that also would greatly speed up the skeletonization.

Here's the Google Earth Map

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...655,-76.640389&spn=0.009665,0.024526&t=h&z=16

Here's her Charley Page
Emma Mae Bland
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/bland_edna.html
bland_edna.jpg

Thanks for your input Carl. Do I call MD ME or do I contact the Namus case manager?

I find what they found with the body extremely interesting:

One pair of panties, beeper, clipboard, lipstick, key chain

As soon as I saw beeper, I thought drugs, but then why a clipboard, a single lipstick (as opposed to makeup bag, was it in a pocket? and a key chain. (Empty or with keys?) Could be jogger, but nah, the clipboard gets me. Who carries around a clip board with them? Survey takers? Door to door sales people? Census people? Any other ideas? Wonder what Emma did for a living. Hmmm?

As soon as I saw beeper, I thought drugs, but then why a clipboard, a single lipstick (as opposed to makeup bag, was it in a pocket? and a key chain. (Empty or with keys?) Could be jogger, but nah, the clipboard gets me. Who carries around a clip board with them? Survey takers? Door to door sales people? Census people? Any other ideas? Wonder what Emma did for a living. Hmmm?

That thought crossed my mind as well. I had thought about a census taker but the timing was off.

The JD was found in an abandoned building. Is it possible she was participating in a HUD homeless survey. I don't know when that started but you'd sure think if she went missing doing that it would have been big news. ?

Thanks for your input Carl. Do I call MD ME or do I contact the Namus case manager?

I'd start with the MD ME. That's probably what the NamUs case manager would do, so you are eliminating a middleman by calling the ME directly.

I think back in 1999 it's possible that someone doing well checks for social service agencies would carry a beeper and clipboard. I did when I was a Realtor too. But that was a few years before that and then we went to cell phones. I would definitely call or email it in. That height is just so close.

Could be door-to-door sales. House siding, books, magazine subscriptions greeting cards, Greenpeace memberships etc. A lot of that employment is quite marginal sort of employment in its own way, and has a high employee turnover. They could have beeped her repeatedly to come to the van to be driven out of the area, she didn't come, they all go back to base to do their paperwork without her, she didn't show up to her next shift and they assume she just didn't want the job any more?

Odd that the info doesn't mention anything clipped to the clipboard.

Another option is that she was some sort of sex worker, although by 1999 those would have mostly been carrying mobile phones not beepers. If we were talking 1989 I'd definitely say sex-worker was most likely.

Maybe she was an ACORN worker doing voter registration.

Real Estate Agent would be my guess....why cant they find her via the beeper/pager?

Question, when Namus file says, as it does in this case, ETOD to be 0-1999. What does that mean? Does it mean they can't tell when she died at all, as in the year 0000? Or does it mean sometime in 1999?

I emailed ACORN in DC at the National offices since Baltimore's offices were shuttered due to the scandal...I asked if pagers and clipboards were assigned to workers and if there was any campaigning going on in Baltimore in the spring or summer of 1999.

I will post what I hear!!

Question, when Namus file says, as it does in this case, ETOD to be 0-1999. What does that mean? Does it mean they can't tell when she died at all, as in the year 0000? Or does it mean sometime in 1999?

I think it means sometime in 1999...

Edna Mae Bland's page says that dentals, DNA sample or fingerprints are not currently available so I'm not sure how they're going to match her or rule her out with anybody.

Did anybody ever call this in? Maybe nagging would get them to obtain some samples?

Bumping.

Did anyone ever submit Edna as a possible match? Both cases are still on NamUs so neither has been resolved.

Case File 1376DFFL

MLHarley.jpg
MLHarley1.jpg
MLHarley2.jpg

Michelle Louise Harley
Missing since July 20, 1989 from Lauderhill, Broward County, Florida.
Classification: Involuntary / Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: September 16, 1966
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 22 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'8"; 128 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Black wavy hair; brown eyes. Medium Complexion.
    • Scars/Tattoos: She has a blemish on the side of her head where her hair would not grow in one spot.
    • Clothing: Dressed in business attire. She liked to wear gold jewelry.
    • Dentals: Available. She may have had a chipped tooth.
    • DNA: Available in CODIS.
Circumstances of Disappearance
Last seen on July 20, 1989 at her place of employment in Oakland Park, Florida. Harley left work on her lunch hour with an unknown male suspect in her own car. Harley has not been seen since.
She left behind her 6 year old son whom she contacted twice a day to check on, because of a medical condition. There has been no contact with or sightings of her since her disappearance.
The male suspect was shot and killed on December 6, 1989 after he shot and killed his ex-wife. Harley's car's VIN# has shown one hit since her disappearance which came from a salvage yard in the state of Maryland.
Foul play is suspected.

---------------------------------

The Doe Network:
Case File 1132DFMD

SGant-Brady.jpg

Stephanie Marie Gant-Brady
Missing since April 8, 1984 from Baltimore, Baltimore County, Maryland.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

• Date Of Birth: October 17, 1944
    • Age at Time of Disappearance: 39 years old
    • Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'3"; 110 lbs.
    • Distinguishing Characteristics: Black female. Brown hair; brown eyes. Gant-Brady has a medium complexion and wears glasses and contacts. and may go by the nickname of "Penny".
    • Marks, Scars: She has Multiple Sclerosis and has difficulty walking. She uses a cane and a wheelchair, but had neither with her.
    • Jewelry: She was last seen wearing an opal ring and a pinkie ring with a small diamond.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Gant-Brady was last seen in Baltimore, Maryland on April 8, 1984. At the time of her disappearance, her male companion stated that she had gone to London, England to write a book. However, she had never obtained a passport, never picked up her paycheck, and left all of her personal belongings, including her wheelchair and walking cane at her residence.
Gant-Brady has multiple accomplishments including becoming the first Black woman to graduate as Lieutenant in the Maryland National Guard and member of the Governor's Committee for the Handicapped, among many accomplishments.

Kimberly Nichelle Dixon
  • kimberly_nichelle_dixon_1.jpg
Dixon, circa 1999

• Missing Since: 06/17/1999
  • Missing From: Baltimore, Maryland
  • ClassificationEndangered Missing
  • Date of Birth: 06/02/1968 (50)
  • Age31 years old
  • Height and Weight5'5, 130 pounds
  • Distinguishing CharacteristicsAfrican-American female. Brown hair, brown eyes. Dixon has a scar on her left arm, approximately one and a half inches long.
Details of Disappearance
Dixon was last seen at her residence the vicinity of 800 block of Glade Court in Baltimore, Maryland on June 17, 1999. She has never been heard from again. She had been known to frequent New York City in the past.

Few details are available in Dixon's case. Foul play is possible in her disappearance.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back