"Quotes" From the HaLeigh Cummings' Case ***LIST ONLY***

BetteDavisEyes

Fasten your seatbelts...
Reaction score
I've been thinking about starting this thread for several days and even asked a mod if it was a good idea. I wanted to wait until there was a lull in news of the case, and it seemed that everyone was discussing the recently-released videos. With the holiday weekend approaching, and seemingly no new information forthcoming, I thought this might be a good time to launch a look into "memorable quotes from the HaLeigh Cummings case".

I've kept a cache of "one-liners" from several high-profile cases and have been amazed at the type of tale that can be woven from comments/statements that make me pause and wonder,"What did you just say?" This phenomenon appears in many discussions here at WS, but I've never noticed an entire thread devoted to the "famous" quotes of the case. So, here it is...my first new thread on the HaLeigh Cummings board (Tuesday's NG show ended up being a no-go).

Post your favorite "one-liners" or brief remarks made by major players in the case. No discussion, but please state who made the comment, the circumstances (TV interview, newspaper article, etc.), and a link if readily available.

Major Freudian slip in HLN interview with RC's attorney, Terry Shoemaker. He said that "if Ron divorced HaLeigh - corrected himself then said - I mean Misty, LE was sure that they could break her."

In the interview/mobile home tour with NG's producer Marlena Schiavo and TN, NG asked the grandmother about the bedroom door being open or closed. TN responded, "The bedroom door is always open."

The 'down on his knees bawling" video, Ron Cummings said, in answer to the question about whether his son is okay: "Imagine that."

Imagine that.... Stated when he was asked about Jr. and him not being taken...TV interview.. Ron Cummings first plea..February 10, 2009

I'll always believe my daughter is alive until they find her.
Geraldo interview with Ronald Cummings

Get Out OF My Face Man

Ronald Cummings remarks to tv reporter as he exits the interview after leaving the tattoo parlor.

To paraphrase Grandma Flora when appearing on JVM: " They can kiss me where the sun don't shine if they don't like it"..

"I’d give my life for my child’s life back.” RC early in the case

"That's a crock." Annette Sykes, when questioned about the rumors Misty wasn't home.

Misty: And that's all i know

LVA test video (i think, probably a couple of other videos too)

Ron: We are divorcing b/c people are staring at us

(when asked by NG why R was filing for a divorce)

Misty:

I seen 3.

I don't need a lawyer. Only guilty people need a lawyer.

In one of the early jailhouse tapes after hearing her son say "I'm innocent. I tell you, I'm innocent!", Teresa Neves gave a memorable 2 word response.....

"YOU ARE?????"

Yea, shocked the heck out of me too Teresa! LOL

"Mizz Nancy" (ad nauseam)

Ronald and Theresa Cummings

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members