Al and Tipper Gore To Separate

"We are announcing today that after a great deal of thought and discussion, we have decided to separate,” the Gores said in an email to friends. “This is very much a mutual and mutually supportive decision that we have made together following a process of long and careful consideration. We ask for respect for our privacy and that of our family, and we do not intend to comment further.”

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/?fbid=7XgQFpadSU5

Isn't their daughter going through a divorce too? weird.

I'm no fan of the Gores, but holy heck! Divorcing after 40 years! Why not just stick it out.

Geez, they have four kids, several grands, 40-odd years of memories...why do they need to formally separate? I think they have at least two homes, why not just avoid one another? Hope they can work it out...

I'm shocked... not!

1. They may be getting divorced because something is about to be released in the media.

2. Al's political career is over so no need to pretend anymore.

3. One or both have found someone else.

4. All of the above.

I'm jaded when it comes to politicians but I would lay wager that it is one of the above.

I'm shocked... not!

1. They may be getting divorced because something is about to be released in the media.

4. All of the above.

I'm jaded when it comes to politicians but I would lay wager that it is one of the above.

I totally agree with all of the above.

I also have to confess to giggling at all the "moveon.org" jokes to follow. :angel:

"We are announcing today that after a great deal of thought and discussion, we have decided to separate,” the Gores said in an email to friends. “This is very much a mutual and mutually supportive decision that we have made together following a process of long and careful consideration. We ask for respect for our privacy and that of our family, and we do not intend to comment further.”

Am I the only one that thinks it's strange that they sent an email like that to all their friends? I guess the rich and famous do things differently.

When my husband read the ticker at the bottom of the news re: the Gores, he speculated that maybe Tipper wasn't being "green" enough for Al. LOL Yes, he does have a dry wit...

Something I don't understand but have never experienced, is when couples say they "just grew apart". After 40 years? Seems like by now they would have their own lives and identities but share other things, too. Like they would have been through and worked out many of the challenges marriage offers. Unless there are other people involved after all and that hasn't come out yet. (Where is Rielle Hunter :eek: )

When my husband read the ticker at the bottom of the news re: the Gores, he speculated that maybe Tipper wasn't being "green" enough for Al. LOL Yes, he does have a dry wit...

OMG....my husband said the EXACT same thing!!! Great minds! LOL

Well it usually is one or the other.

In this case Star Magazine is reporting that Al has been having an affair

with the ex-wife of Larry David, Laurie David, for the last two

years. eeeeewwww :deal:

www.starmagazine.com

I'm shocked... not!

4. All of the above.

Unless there are other people involved after all and that hasn't come out yet. (Where is Rielle Hunter :eek: )

Congrats to you both for "calling it" ahead of time. :twocents:

I've never been fond of Tipper either, but I think shes the winner here.

I like Al and Tipper and wish them love and luck!

Me too. I like them :angel:
I am chuckling.....not to many Democrats on these threads...I'm still waiting for some more sarcasm lol....

It is great that they have a 40 year good relationship to remember and a separation is just that a separation.

But they have a great family and a great friendship and I have no judgment on selecting to move on even after 40 years if the relationship felt like it was no longer serving them, their kids are grown, Al does travel a lot, and Tipper may rather stay home, who knows? I sure dont, but they are both civil and seem very comfortable about this time.

Well it usually is one or the other.

In this case Star Magazine is reporting that Al has been having an affair

with the ex-wife of Larry David, Laurie David, for the last two

years. eeeeewwww :deal:

www.starmagazine.com

LOL that would not be possible if the other RUMORS are right
those saying he is gay.....LOL

There will be all kinds of rumors right about now. Who knows? who cares?
What ever he is doing so far I have seen only that he has done it with dignity and class. and so has Tipper.

And they are smart they stopped talking immediately so now the story will die down.
They are not interested in PR, and of course we know the BS will start to fly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickyBones
Back