The Rachel Corrie Heads to the Gaza Strip from Ireland

believe09

Reaction score
snip:
The Rachel Corrie, named for an American activist killed in Gaza several years ago, was expected to arrive late Friday or early Saturday off the coast of Gaza. The vessel left Ireland laden with 550 tons of cement, educational materials, toys and medical equipment -- the latest effort by peace activists to deliver humanitarian goods and break Israel's blockade, according to aid organizers.
Free Gaza Movement activist Derek Graham said that the plan was for the Rachel Corrie to be unloaded in Gaza and then return to Ireland.
The Irish government asked that Israel not interfere.
snip

The Israeli government has offered to receive the ship at the Ashdod port, inspect the contents and deliver the goods. The Irish ambassador to Israel has requested that Israel leave the ship alone.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/06/03/gaza.raid/index.html?hpt=T2

snip:
The Rachel Corrie, named for an American activist killed in Gaza several years ago, was expected to arrive late Friday or early Saturday off the coast of Gaza. The vessel left Ireland laden with 550 tons of cement, educational materials, toys and medical equipment -- the latest effort by peace activists to deliver humanitarian goods and break Israel's blockade, according to aid organizers.
Free Gaza Movement activist Derek Graham said that the plan was for the Rachel Corrie to be unloaded in Gaza and then return to Ireland.
The Irish government asked that Israel not interfere.
snip

The Israeli government has offered to receive the ship at the Ashdod port, inspect the contents and deliver the goods. The Irish ambassador to Israel has requested that Israel leave the ship alone.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/06/03/gaza.raid/index.html?hpt=T2

BBM I find that a reasonable request.

I also find the ship's name, Rachel Corrie, very poignant in remembrance of a brave young woman run over, killed by an Israeli bulldozer operator who knew full well she was there. God does not forget His innocents.

My opinion only

BBM I find that a reasonable request.

I also find the ship's name, Rachel Corrie, very poignant in remembrance of a brave young woman run over, killed by an Israeli bulldozer operator who knew full well she was there. God does not forget His innocents.

My opinion only

She knew full well that there was a bulldozer there too. Actions have consequences.

Yes they do. Actions do have consequences.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/06/04/gaza.flotilla/index.html?hpt=T2

There are 19 activists and crew on board. They plan to sit down and passively resist if they are boarded by the Israeli's. In this article the spokes person states that "mistakes were made on both sides" and that this relief ship does not intend to replicate those errors. They are 150 miles off the coast and in international waters.

Irish Nobel Laureate Mairead Macguire and Former Assistant UN Secretary General Denis Halliday are on the ship.

Yes, they have been asked not to come, but still they pursue their interests and its not in the interest of the plight of any people, namely the Palestinians or whoever.

Mistakes were made with the other ship, the Israelis did not carry live ammunition on board when they checked the ship until after the attack commenced on the soldiers. These people have been told to stop and they insist upon provocation. It looks like a set up in my opinion to pit the world against Israel, and judging by comments, its working quite well. God be with the Israelis.

I like Denis Halliday quite a bit. Much of what I know about the Middle East Peace process is due to him. But I would never ever call him a terrorist.

Yes they do. Actions do have consequences.
Yes playing tag behind the back of a Bulldozer operator is a sure way to find out what they are.
Im sure it would please those who sympathize with those who encourage children to strap explosives to thier bodies and murder civilians to just allow Iran to establish an open port in Gaza to facilitate thier weapons shipments but I cant really blame Israel for not going along.

Yes playing tag behind the back of a Bulldozer operator is a sure way to find out what they are.
Im sure it would please those who sympathize with those who encourage children to strap explosives to thier bodies and murder civilians to just allow Iran to establish an open port in Gaza to facilitate thier weapons shipments but I cant really blame Israel for not going along.

Well, with all due respect, that is kind of a generalized statement. I sympathize with those who have been subjected to starvation without being directly responsible for terrorist activities.

Believe, hi, I want you to know that those people have not been starved and mistreated by the Israelis. Even after they have sent missiles into Israel, Israel has allowed food and medicine to go into that area. Its so easy to find the facts online and I would urge everyone to do that. These people that call themselves Palestinians choose the life they live, that land belongs to Israel. When Israel pulled out of that area, they left so much , greenhouses, etc. and those people rather than feeding their families destroyed everything.

and I don't know Denis Halliday, but he was appointed by Kofi Annan and that ain't no praise.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zorba347
Back