GUILTY CA - David Davis, 45, stomped to death, Sonora, 25 July 2004

Newswolf

Reaction score
Website
Visit site
http://www.nbc4.tv/news/3588356/detail.html

Eleven years after courtroom spectator Ellie Nesler pulled a gun from her purse and killed the man accused of molesting her 11-year-old son, police are conducting a massive search for William Nesler, now 23, accused of beating a man to death."

Story says she is back in prison for manufacturing meth, what a sad case all around.

WHAT????? OHMYGOD!!!!! I can't believe it. And this guy whom he beat to death died at Modesto Hospital. Is that the same "Modesto" where Laci Peterson lived?

Yes Jeana Modesto CA. I was looking for SP stories when I saw this. I don't believe violence is a solution but I could understand she wanted to kill the pervert. Obviously the alleged molestation, the killing, the prison time, all the angst stamped on her son's heart and psyche. Not excusing him if he did this.

There is a really good article I read this morning. Link below. The mother is in prison AGAIN this time for manufacturing methamphamines. The kid has a mile-long record starting back from his childhood. I think this case would be a good one for examation. I mean, did the boys troubles start because of the molestation or was it because his mother spent three years in prison for murdering the guy who molested him? Did his mother turn out to be a drug manufacturer because of the time she spent in prison or would she have taken that path anyway???? So many questions.

Here's the link:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/US/West/07/29/courtroom.slaying.ap/index.html

Imho, the mother had her own issues to begin with, which definitey affected her son, long before he was mollested. His mother ending up in prison, didn't help him, I'm sure.

The mother, premeditated killing this man. Imho, to me, that speaks volumes, and goes to what her character was like before the mollestation.

Violence is learned behavior, and is passed down from one generation to another.

I think we all have feelings of anger when we hear that a child has been molested or hurt by an adult. It's natural to even think, "Hey, I'd love to get my hands on that guy, I'd show him what it feels like to be abused". They'd probably have to hold me back with chains if anyone ever touched my kid. However, I AM glad that we have laws to prevent people from actually going through with taking matters into their own hands. Because it is natural to want to do so, yet the consequences of actually following through on those impulses can have great negative consequences,too. It's normal to want some sort of "cruel and unusual punishment" for those who have hurt the ones we love, or hurt someone who is defenseless. But I honestly think that laws against cruel & unusual punishment serve a great purpose; so that, in preventing us from indulging in cruelty motivated by revenge, we don't start behaving in much the same way as the original perpetrators-- like monsters. In addition, the laws against such types of punishment protect you, and your loved ones. I'd hate to see someone I loved, with all sorts of circumstances making it look as though he or she had perpetrated some horrible crime against a child, sitting in jail, waiting for a fair trial, and everyone thinking "he did it", and then the other inmates and jail personnel just having a field day torturing him, and then when he goes to trial it turns out he was innocent after all. Look at those on death row, actually hundreds of people now I think, who have actually been PROVEN innocent through DNA. What if your loved one was in prison, maybe actually innocent, and some sadistic guard was torturing him because he thought he had the right since he didn't like the crime your loved one had supposedly committed? What if that person in prison was you? Even if guilty, the person in prison is being punished by being in prison, that's the punishment. I don't think prison should be a positive experience, or that inmates should be coddled in any way, shape or form. But to decide that additional punishment, meted out as the other inmates or guards see fit, is appropriate---well, I don't believe that. I heard alot of positive feedback for Ellie N. when she shot that guy---now it looks as though it also may have had some great negative consequences for her child. I know that other factors probably played a part, not just the shooting of the molester, but who knows how differently things would have turned out if the kid's mom had just stood by him in a steadfast manner instead of killing someone, involving herself and her son in such a high-profile and extremely stressful situation, and then going away to prison for a long period of time?

Does anyone remember a woman named Nellie...that shot the predator that molested her young son? It's been at least 10yrs ago, I think.

The predator was on trial for molesting her son. He had a privious criminal record for molesting other children as well..

Somehow Nellie got a gun into the courtroom and shot the predator dead. I think she got a 5yr prison sentence..but the last I heard she was release but now suffering breast cancer.

Does anyone remember this case or what happened to Nellie? God help me...but I always admired her.

Was that the one in Kentucky? I thought she got off?

No this was washington state I belive?
She got convicted.I think,because she had done Crystal Meth.before she killed him.
She had cancer in jail got our and either died OR got locked up again Im not sure but from what I reember life was VERY tragic for her!

Im still mad at her conviction!!! The pedo was winking/waving/similing and blowing kisses at her son in court!!!!!!!!! Id do the same thing in a heartbeat!!!!!

I googled her and got updates. They are not good news.

Her name is Ellie Nesler. She is in jail now for meth related charges.

Worse yet, her son, the one who was molested, is now accused of his own murder. He apparently beat a man to death. Here is his mugshot:

http://www.wantedfugitives.com/media/sacsheriff080404.html

And his story:

http://www.modbee.com/reports/nesler/story/10012766p-10845601c.html

and more:

http://www.uniondemocrat.com/news/story.cfm?story_no=16945

Nesler trial set for May 11

Willie Nesler will stand trial on a murder charge in Tuolumne County, a judge ruled yesterday.

Nesler's lawyer had asked for the trial to be moved to a different county because of the notoriety of the Nesler name and pretrial publicity of last summer's killing.

But Tuolumne County Superior Court Judge Eric DuTemple ruled that media coverage of Willie Nesler's case has not been so overwhelming that an impartial jury could not be found.

"Most people in the state have heard of his mother, but the defendant has no particular standing in the community as far as I know," DuTemple said when he denied the motion.

Nesler, 23, is accused of beating David Davis, 45, to death at Nesler's family property on Shaws Flat Road. The killing occurred less than an hour after Nesler was released from the Tuolumne County Jail after serving time for beating Davis earlier in the year.

Nesler's mother, Ellie Nesler, made headlines around the world in 1993 for fatally shooting her son's alleged molester while he sat in a small Jamestown courtroom. She was then convicted in a high-profile two-part trial the next year of voluntary manslaughter and a made-for-TV movie was later produced about her case.

Holy Moly !!!! Guess my sympathy for Ellie Nesler was misplaced. I couldn't remember her real name..just the circumstances.

What messed up people !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This story is just incredibly sad...some people's lives.....

Miss Daisey said:
Holy Moly !!!! Guess my sympathy for Ellie Nesler was misplaced. I couldn't remember her real name..just the circumstances.

What messed up people !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think that your sympathy was misplaced. It is a tragic story. I feel badly for her and what has become of her and her son.

I was just talking about her this morning to my husband,couldn't remember her name.That's to bad that she is into drugs and her son is a criminal now.But I think I would have done the same thing as she did to the child molester.

Wait, what is going on here? Nesler beats up Davis and serves time in jail for it. OK. But then ONE hour after Nesler gets out of jail, Nesler beats Davis again, ON NESLERS PROPERTY? Am I the only one who is wondering if they looked at self-defense in this case?

http://www.modbee.com/local/v-dp_morning/story/10506201p-11300875c.html

Witnesses say Nesler was implored to stop
Details of alleged murder difficult for one to recall

Nesler is the son of Ellie Nesler, who shot and killed her son's alleged molester in a Jamestown courtroom in April 1993. Ellie Nesler was sentenced to 10 years in prison but served less than four years after part of her conviction was overturned. She returned to prison in 2002 after being convicted on drug charges.

From June 2005:

http://articles.latimes.com/2005/jun/21/local/me-nesler21

Nesler, who had just been sentenced to 25 years to life in prison for stomping David Davis to death last summer, told Judge Eric L. Du Temple that "I've done bad things" but that he had been "railroaded" by the criminal justice system...

A second defendant, Dean Phillips, 39, received a similar life sentence for violating the state's three-strikes law. Phillips was convicted of being an accessory after the fact for driving Nesler away from the crime scene, a junk-strewn lot, which is owned by the Nesler clan...

Witnesses said during the trial that Nesler broke into a trailer where Davis slept and pulled the smaller man out. Davis, who had a spine injury that limited his mobility, tried to flee but tripped or was tackled. As Davis lay on the ground pleading for mercy, witnesses said, Nesler stomped on his head.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laayla
Back