AZ - Mom sick of kids, wanted police to take them

momtective

Lifetime WS Non-Mod
Reaction score
SURPRISE, Ariz. -- Police said they arrested Christina Muniz, 29, after she punched her 11-year-old son in the stomach in front of them when he tried to hug her goodbye.

Police in the Phoenix suburb of Surprise say they received a 911 call Friday from an 11-year-old boy who said his mother was packing and moving to California and wasn't taking him or his 6-year-old brother with her.

"She told our officers she was happy to be rid of the kids because she wanted to move to California and pursue her dream of being a stripper," said Surprise police Sgt. Mark Ortega.

http://www.kpho.com/news/23899508/detail.html

:eek: Un Freaking believable. Those poor kids. I can't believe first she punched her son who wanted to hug her and her dream is to be a stripper!!! What is WRONG with some people?:furious:
This whole story is just wrong.

I am speechless, well almost :rolleyes: What a piece of you know what ! Those poor children, what kind of person says that to their children and in front of LE. My god !
I hope they stick it to her and someone comes to the aide and care for these kids and that they can stay together, how devestating it must have been for those kids to think their mother was just going to leave them..... and for her to punch the child in the stomache ...

This is so tragic, I know there is much more going on. I pray for those children and hope help for the mother is available.

Video interview with Muniz.
http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/crime/mom-punched-son-in-stomach-6-14-2010

She's a drunk. I hope she gets help, and her kids get a better life than what they've had so far.

Wow the comments there...some peeps are a little po'ed at her.
Saddest thing of all is she will probably be reunited with her children in a year if she can jump through the CPS hoops of AA, parenting classes, maintaining employment and making her visits and court dates.

OMG those poor kids. :( Worthless woman.

This blows my mind. What a seriously f'd up individual. Those poor boys...imagine how they must feel...ugh. Makes me want to cry.

My jaw is on the floor.

I will admit to doing a bit of a freedom dance when my very kind friend takes my toddler off my hands for a few hours, but this story is absolutely unbelievable.

By the looks of her, she would never get a job as a stripper. The thought she can even get her kids back makes me ill. Drunk or not who can get high or drunk enough to not want their kids? Something is very wrong with this picture and I hope these two kids find a forever family that will show them the love they deserve and provide them with everything they need.

JMO

Well, I will be the first to say it, even though we are all trying to put this one thought in the back of our heads......Other moms had the option of just leaving the kids, but chose another way out. At least they are ALIVE, and not buried in the woods or drowned in a lake.
But yeah, why punch the son ? That is horrible. I am sure they will have emotional scars forever. And I can't help but wonder what life was like for them up until now .

she thinks she is being "unselfish" by asking police to sign away her kids and wanting to be a stripper and "have fun and play" ? I think i am missing something here. I guess she was also unselfish by punching her 11 year old when he tried to hug her? what is happening to this world?

Well, I will be the first to say it, even though we are all trying to put this one thought in the back of our heads......Other moms had the option of just leaving the kids, but chose another way out. At least they are ALIVE, and not buried in the woods or drowned in a lake.
But yeah, why punch the son ? That is horrible. I am sure they will have emotional scars forever. And I can't help but wonder what life was like for them up until now .

You read my mind, that's for sure. I was too chicken to say it.
I'm thankful they're alive.

Couldn't agree with you more Jovi Girl. At least these kids have a chance at a better life.

I read this on CNN. It made me cry. Kyron, Ethan, Aja, It feels like the world is spinning out of control. And yes, thankfully she hadnt poisoned them, buried them, or sold these boys. I emailed the sherriffs department and asked hw can i send a donation or a gift to these boys. If nothing else, I want to reach out to them and try to comfort them even just a little....

Thats what I thought thankful they are alive and it wasn't a call of them being deceased. At least now they will be able to be kids and be cared for and loved the 11 yr old wont have to worry about cooking and being an adult. I hope the kids get to stay togethor it looks like they only had each other. Thats the only credit I can give to the mom just thankful they are alive.

Where are their fathers? She should never ever ever get them back. She probably did the kids a favor because I doubt they have a very good life with her. I hope they have decent grandparents or aunt/uncle that can care for them... just can't imagine treating a child that way.

Well, I 'spose she coulda just killed them. Pisses me off, her trying to use Bipolar and addiction as an excuse for threatening her children with abandonment. :mad:

Sounds like she tried to warn people she was not equipped to care for them but they chose not to listen.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
megalow
Back