What about all these 3's?

What about those 3's?

• I agree, and it is significant.

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • I agree, but it is just coincidence.

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • I disagree, 3's don't appear with remarkable frequency.

Votes: 25 64.1%

• Total voters

Holdontoyourhat

Former Member
Reaction score
The number three (3) appears in the evidence items with an unusually high frequency. Do you agree? And is it significant or just coincidence?

1. I agree, and it is significant.
  2. I agree, but it is just coincidence.
  3. I disagree, the number three (3) does not appear with an unusually high frequency.

3 pieces of paintbrush
3 pages
3 weapons
3 perpetrators
3 injuries
3 loops in the 2nd ligature.

What are you implying...that the "killer" has an obsession with the number "three"?

don't know and don't believe it would have anything to do with anything.

Can't vote or I would.

The number three is a common number that can occurs randomly. So many things are grouped and placed in threes or twos.

Now, if the number 7 or 11 popped up, you would have something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holdontoyourhat View Post
3 pieces of paintbrush
3 pages
3 weapons
3 perpetrators
3 injuries
3 loops in the 2nd ligature.

3 words. This Is Crazy.

Amen.:waitasec:

1. Head bashed
2. Strangled
3. ???????

Not shot, stabbed, neck broken, drowned.

Maybe smothered? Pillow placed over her face before she was taken downstairs?? Does this explain why the pillow was displaced on the bed? Was this when the mark on her face was made?

Why might she have been 'killed thrice"?? Does it have a basis is some ritual belief??

I voted that the number 3 is significant.However, it's only significant when it occurs. I also accept that the number 3 is not necessarily that common in the case. I know this sounds paradoxical but that's my opinion.What I mean is that when something happens that has a strong reference to 3 it is significant. Likewise, when any number occurs it is also significant.

However, I don't base this opinion on some pseudo-esoteric interpretation of the JonBenet case.It's just that human beings do things subconsciously which have meaning -- for example, the ransom note was 3 pages long. It wasn't 2 or even 1 pages long but 3. There was something in the authors mind that was only satisfied after 3 pages.

I don't think it was some symbolic, ritualistic crime based on the number 3 however.

I voted that the number 3 is significant.However, it's only significant when it occurs. I also accept that the number 3 is not necessarily that common in the case. I know this sounds paradoxical but that's my opinion.What I mean is that when something happens that has a strong reference to 3 it is significant. Likewise, when any number occurs it is also significant.

However, I don't base this opinion on some pseudo-esoteric interpretation of the JonBenet case.It's just that human beings do things subconsciously which have meaning -- for example, the ransom note was 3 pages long. It wasn't 2 or even 1 pages long but 3. There was something in the authors mind that was only satisfied after 3 pages.

I don't think it was some symbolic, ritualistic crime based on the number 3 however.

Actually it was 3 and a half, wasn't it? I have to look and see if the pics of it laid out are still on ACR.

$118,000 divided by 3 (the writer of the RN plus the two gentlement watching over JBR) = $39,333.33333.......

My God, this is so ridiculous.desperate to take focus off logical thinking.

My God, this is so ridiculous.desperate to take focus off logical thinking.

Logical?? I'm not sure what you mean? Perhaps we should discuss the dolls again!! Was there three of them too?

The only 3 that means anything to me at this point, is the three family members that walked out of the house alive that day, leaving behind the fourth member of the family, alone. They walked away and in my eyes have never done anything that tells me they cared about who murdered JonBenet. Rest in peace JonBenet, many here remember you and pray for justice.

three words: this is dumb.

I said something very similar at first. Then I discovered that when you are trying to solve a mystery, you have to be open to possibilities that might at first seem not to mean anything. There is a pattern to most people's behaviour. A pattern is like a coincidence. And we don't like coincidences where murder is concerned do we??

I said something very similar at first. Then I discovered that when you are trying to solve a mystery, you have to be open to possibilities that might at first seem not to mean anything. There is a pattern to most people's behaviour. A pattern is like a coincidence. And we don't like coincidences where murder is concerned do we??
to think that anyone could have planned out such coincidences when this murder and that ridculous RN were so thrown together is illogical.that is the only real pattern I see.the R's were doing whatever they could to get by,and by the skin of their teeth at that,and I don't think they planned any such things.jmo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sarahlm8627
Back