The White Truck Seen by Jim K

Jules71

Reaction score
A white truck driven by a lady was seen by Jim Kelley and his neighbor Fri at 3 pm and Sat at 2 am near his home off of Cornelius Pass.

"We had two odd sightings of a vehicle on our road Friday," Kelley said. Around 3 p.m., he and a neighbor reported seeing a white pick-up truck with a female driver pull to the end of the long road, idle and then turn around. Then again at 2 a.m. Saturday morning, a similar white pickup truck appeared, idled and when a neighbor loosed her dogs, eased away.

"A, it was strange to have a car there, any car there, that we didn't know, and B, it was strange to have a vehicle come down our dead-end road twice in the same day, hours after a little boy goes missing," said Kelley. "That's beyond rare."

Kelley said authorities have twice searched the deep ravine, creek and railroad tracks located near the end of his street by air and on foot.
According to http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/day_three_search_continues_hun.html)

The thred reads the white truck driven by Jim K? Can we change that to the white truck reported seen by Jim K or something like that?

JBean opened the thread under my name and already changed the title. Thanks.

Not sure if this is okay to start.

I'm wondering IF this was a normal switch. I very rarely(like almost NEVER) drive my hubby's truck. BUT I know some people switch back and forth.

Was it because of the science fair project?

WHY would she take the truck if it was "acting up"?
yes, it's possible it wasn't at the time.

Was it normal for her to drive the truck sometimes?

Just a few hmmmmm things...

The truck having problems bugs me still I guess.

Well, I have been thinking of the cell phone ping that according to media are not matching the time when she says she is at the school.... there are the school officials telling LE that she was there that morning (Zimmerman seen her at 8:15).... so????

I wonder if she left her cell phone in her car... that she was not in because LE says she was driving the truck.

http://www.people.com/people/article...395256,00.html

Maybe she did drive the mustang and LE asked that question about the truck to weed out the people that don't know anything. So if someone says they saw her in that truck, LE would know it isn't true because they know she drove mustang.

Maybe she did drive the mustang and LE asked that question about the truck to weed out the people that don't know anything. So if someone says they saw her in that truck, LE would know it isn't true because they know she drove mustang.

I don't think LE would actually say she WAS driving the truck that day if she wasn't. She was driving it.

To the original poster's point, asking about frequency of Mustang to Truck, it is a good question.

We know the Mustang is Terri's car. That's for sure. And the couple drove her car to the gym that day when they scurried away as the journalist asked them what the public could do to help them find their little boy. They both got into the car very quickly and shut the doors. Terri got into the driver's seat.

All of this, right there on TV, for everyone to see that night on local news. And record and rewind and watch again. Awkward, to say the least.

I think Terri probably drove her car to all of her volunteering at Skyline, too. But on Science Fair day, LE has said she was driving the truck. That vehicle would have made her BLEND IN that day, not only due to its neutral white truckness, but also because she is normally associated with and noticed in her RED GT MUSTANG with custom plates.

Did you really need a double cab truck to carry a poster board and diorama to a 2nd grader's science fair? Let me just leave it at that.

I don't think LE would actually say she WAS driving the truck that day if she wasn't. She was driving it.

To the original poster's point, asking about frequency of Mustang to Truck, it is a good question.

We know the Mustang is Terri's car. That's for sure. And the couple drove her car to the gym that day when they scurried away as the journalist asked them what the public could do to help them find their little boy. They both got into the car very quickly and shut the doors. Terri got into the driver's seat.

All of this, right there on TV, for everyone to see that night on local news. And record and rewind and watch again. Awkward, to say the least.

I think Terri probably drove her car to all of her volunteering at Skyline, too. But on Science Fair day, LE has said she was driving the truck. That vehicle would have made her BLEND IN that day, not only due to its neutral white truckness, but also because she is normally associated with and noticed in her RED GT MUSTANG with custom plates.

Did you really need a double cab truck to carry a poster board and diorama to a 2nd grader's science fair? Let me just leave it at that.

bbm

They do not say in the questions she was driving the truck. She very well could have been, but LE has not said she was. It is not fact.

I never saw this on tv, video or photos of this? Do you have a link?:innocent:

caring: i am gonna play devil's advocate to the popular theory of TH driving the white truck (and i do believe she did drive it to school that morning)...something about the LE questionaire just isnt sitting right with me..i am wondering if someone else wasnt driving that truck shortly afterwards and the purpose of the questionaire was to exonorate TH....eta - again something is really off with the whole truck thing - why would she drive it if it was having starter troubles....what would be the odds of it being towed the next week....i really really want to know LE's rationale behind that questionaire

bbm

They do not say in the questions she was driving the truck. She very well could have been, but LE has not said she was. It is not fact.

Hi RubyRed, in fact LE did explain that the reason the truck photo was part of the flyer was because that is what Terri was driving that day. Check out any of the local news sites for video on the Friday press conference.

I never saw this on tv, video or photos of this? Do you have a link?:innocent:

it is on video somewhere in that tangle of media threads (i think or else on one of the news pages) as i have seen it a couple of times....I will look for it

caring: i am gonna play devil's advocate to the popular theory of TH driving the white truck (and i do believe she did drive it to school that morning)...something about the LE questionaire just isnt sitting right with me..i am wondering if someone else wasnt driving that truck shortly afterwards and the purpose of the questionaire was to exonorate TH....eta - again something is really off with the whole truck thing - why would she drive it if it was having starter troubles....what would be the odds of it being towed the next week....i really really want to know LE's rationale behind that questionaire

LE said she drove it that day. I think it was to blend in and to drive something different than her usual. The towing? That's why everyone was up in arms over that. We know LE doesn't have a warrant and is trying to make it seem like she is not a suspect; hence, unable to do anything about the towing.

We don't really know what was said in the household about the why/when the truck needed to be towed. But according to our laws, they had every right to do it.

Here's a question about the vehicles. When, at 3:45, and all he77 broke loose, who drove what to the school. We know TH got to the school and LE told them (school personnel and/or TH and/or KH) that LE needed for one parent to be at the house and LE was en route to the house. So, did TH and KH drive their vehicles separately to the school - so one could get back to the house without stranding the other? Did someone at the school (or possibly even LE) offer to take the stranded parent back to the house? If only TH showed up at school what vehicle was she in? If they were together at the bus stop why wouldn't they have taken one vehicle to the school? If they weren't together at the bus stop - where was KH? We know TH was waiting for the bus, or was she?

I'm so confused.

Here's a question about the vehicles. When, at 3:45, and all he77 broke loose, who drove what to the school. We know TH got to the school and LE told them (school personnel and/or TH and/or KH) that LE needed for one parent to be at the house and LE was en route to the house. So, did TH and KH drive their vehicles separately to the school - so one could get back to the house without stranding the other? Did someone at the school (or possibly even LE) offer to take the stranded parent back to the house? If only TH showed up at school what vehicle was she in? If they were together at the bus stop why wouldn't they have taken one vehicle to the school? If they weren't together at the bus stop - where was KH? We know TH was waiting for the bus, or was she?

I'm so confused.

good question! i would love to know who was driving what all day

Hi RubyRed, in fact LE did explain that the reason the truck photo was part of the flyer was because that is what Terri was driving that day. Check out any of the local news sites for video on the Friday press conference.

You are right, I am on information overload. LOL

We have a truck and a suv, usually I drive the suv and dh drives the truck, however there are times I drive the truck and that's because dh needs the suv.
Could it be that somebody else wanted the mustang that day?

VB

bbm

The mystery of which vehicle TH was driving on the morning of June 4th was settled for me when the questionnaire (which LE made) was sent out & the caption below the photo of the white Ford pickup truck read: "similar to the one Terri Horman was driving on 6/4/2010". I took that to mean that TH (or someone) informed LE that she had driven the white pickup to school, or at the very least, LE believes that she did.

As far as who drove the white pickup later that day - it's still a mystery to me.

bbm

LE does say she was driving the white truck. Below BBM.

~snipped... Detectives work in this case is exhaustive and they, along with Kyron’s family, are asking for the community’s assistance regarding anyone who saw not only Kyron, but also who may have seen Terri Horman and/or the truck she was driving that morning. Terri is the last person known to have seen him before he disappeared. ...~end snip
This is a quote from LE website
http://www.mcso.us/public/newsroom.htm#kyron

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff