2.8 KB · Views: 785
  • Story.jpg
    Story.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 625
Case Number Sex Ethnic Group Ht Wt Eyes Hair Age
2006-03967 F White 5'1 120 Blonde Blonde 35+

Tattoos: Scar on abdomen
Jewelry: NO JEWELRY CLOTHING DESCRIPTION: REd & white pants, white t-shirt
Comments: On 5/24/2006 at 1350 hours the decedent was found at the bottom of a parking lot located at 1100 Glendon Ave. in West L.A. She apparently jumped from the parking structure. 9-1-1 called and she was pronounced dead at the scene, age range between 35-50 yrs of age.

Possible Match:

Sandra Kay Baker

Classification: Endangered Missing Adult
Alias / Nickname: Sandy
Date of Birth: 1953-06-21
Date Missing: 2000-05-25
From City/State: Delaware Township, PA
Age at Time of Disappearance: 46
Race: White
Height: 64 inches
Weight: 112 pounds
Hair Color: Blonde
Eye Color: Brown
Complexion: Medium

Identifying Characteristics: Pierced ears.
Clothing: White tank top, blue denim shirt, jeans, brown boots.

Jewelry: White gold engagement ring, wearing four earrings (small round pink stones in top holes).

Circumstances of Disappearance: Unknown. Her fiance indicated that Sandra was last seen at Sheetz Store on Rt. 18 at approximately 8:30am. Her vehicle is also missing and described as a dark blue, four door 1988 Honda Accord with FL Lic# EQ762E.

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Warning: Postmortem photo at Link:

NamUs UP3027 - Postmortem Photo

There is a pretty solid resemblance there. Here is Sandra's Charley page with an extensive narrative.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/baker_sandra.html

Apparently, her husband hired a private-I (Clifford Aley) to watch Sandra. After her disappearance, Aley told authorities that the husband confessed to him that he had murdered her. However, Aley failed a lie detector test.

Authorities say that they are sure that she was murdered, but we don't know how they have come to that conclusion. If she wasn't murdered, I don't see what motivation Aley would have to lie and say that she was, and then implicate her husband who hired him in the first place. My guess is that she was murdered, and Aley was involved in the murder, and that is why he is lying.

Maybe he is covering for Sandy's voluntary disappearance. -- But why would he falsely accuse her husband of murder?

If there is any thread of truth to Aley's story, then of course, she wouldn't have jumped off a parking structure in Los Angeles six years later

BTW, it is a strange coincidence that the woman committed suicide one day before the six-year anniversary of Sandra's disappearance.

because the UID looks so similar, and the P.I. story is so sketchy, the timing of the suicide, and Sandra's 7 marriages (and last one while still married to the sixth), lead me to wonder about the possibility of the three being in cahoots, and something went wrong, either with money, or infighting, or betrayal, so the threats started...

here's another pic to compare

attachment.php

Warning: Postmortem photo at Link:

NamUs UP3027 - Postmortem Photo

Attachments

• baker_sandra4.jpg
    baker_sandra4.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 809
for some reason the LA county site has removed the postmortem jpeg which I originally saved in April of 2009.

Now their site states: picture is "not yet available"

odd.

Wow! I think that is so amazing, I'd report it. The nose, eyebrow shape, chin shape all look the same to me.

Good grief, even that very distinguishable nose. Looks like a good one to me. Wonder how they know she jumped and wasn't pushed?

I initially thought this couldn't possibly be a match based on circumstances but the physical resemblance is pretty strong.

Baker's disappearance made the news here because the private investigator involved, Aley, was a local. At the time of her disappearance, Baker had been behind on car payments, and Aley called the finance company and told them her Accord was parked at the Shenango Valley Mall. It was towed the day after she disappeared, sold at auction and scrapped by the time LE discovered where it had gone. If he was sentenced in January 2006, Aley should be fresh out of prison or just about at the end of his four-year sentence for his role in disposing of the car and any evidence it might have contained.

Edit: he was sentenced to an additional 4-12 months for making threats while in prison:
http://news.google.com/newspapers?i...DAAAAIBAJ&dq=sandra kay baker&pg=3794,2855938

I can't find any mention of where the car was actually auctioned or when the auction actually took place, but one possibility would be the Butler Auto Auction, which is the biggest in western PA. In the summer of 2002 I was laid off and working day labor and often cleaned out repossessed cars there. There were thousands of cars processed at one time, but I can verify that any personal things inside would be tossed out, the car's interior swept and any upholstery and carpet stains treated, and so any evidence would be completely obliterated.

Aley had been hired by Crea to investigate Baker, so he had a motive to tell his client that Baker had still been married at the time they had become engaged; it was proof he was doing his job and was getting results. Any motive he might have had in reporting her car's whereabouts to the finance company if she'd left voluntarily is less clear. The finance company probably didn't pay him a "bounty" on the car, and if she'd simply left then the car couldn't have contained any damning evidence, right? Also, when he arranged for the car to be towed, he really had no way of knowing that LE wasn't going to find it for four years and it would be crushed by then. It could have been just as likely that the finance company would learn Baker was reported missing and let LE search the car.

A minor correction, Tamar, she was married six times (not seven) but got engaged to Crea while she was still married to her sixth husband. Whether she was still legally married at the time of her disappearance isn't clear.

There are quite a few shocking similarities between the UID and the MP. But the bridge of the nose bothers me...the UID seems to have a thinner bridge than the MP. The noses are similar, but I'm not totally convinced they are the same...does anyone else see that?

There are quite a few shocking similarities between the UID and the MP. But the bridge of the nose bothers me...the UID seems to have a thinner bridge than the MP. The noses are similar, but I'm not totally convinced they are the same...does anyone else see that?

Yeah, I see it. And also, SKB's nostrils flare a just a little bit wider.

I see the difference in nostrile flare as well. Wish we had a pic of the MP where she is not smiling to accurately compare their mouths.

I did submit this match and received this response:

We did the comparison of the decedent’s dental x-rays to MP Sandra Baker’s dental x-rays and this was a negative match. If you have any further questions please feel free to contact me.

Inv. Daniel Machian

This new addition to NAMPN sure looks like our Jane Doe.

Huguette Douville
http://www.nampn.org/cases/douville_huguette.html

douville_huguette.jpg
attachment.php

There's a ten year difference though between Date LKA and Jane Doe's DOD. And she would have been 66 years old by the time of DOD. That is much older than the estimate (35-45)

Ruleouts as of 11 January 2015 https://identifyus.org/cases/3027

Exclusions
The following people have been ruled out as being this decedent:

First Name Last Name Year of Birth State LKA

Patricia Schmidt 1964 Virginia
Tiffany Sessions 1968 Florida
Nadine Timm 1935 Illinois
Colleen Voitik McHugh 1963 Illinois

I am not sure if this was true in 2006, but in 2001 and prior there were a couple of halfway homes in Westwood where this person could have been staying. I hope that LE asked people there if they knew her.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back