GUILTY FL - Darwin Costello, 4 mos, beaten to death, Fort Myers, 13 June 2010

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Little Darwin Costello is on a respirator. His tiny infant body has broken bones. His own father inflicted them.

Ryan Costello and his girlfriend went to the bar for drinks. That would be Whitney Simonson the mother of Darwin. Costello left the bar alone and picked up the baby as well as another baby 21 month old Kingston. I think this may be Simonson's other child?

Mom came home witha male friend. Costello got pizzzed and beat Simonson. Lord only knows what the male from the bar did. Once inside the house mom saw her infant had trouble breathing. Being such a good dad and all Costello took both Simonson and baby Darwin to the hospital. Once LE arrived she related the 21 month old was alone.

Alone because Costello split out on everybody including his own flesh and blood that he beat. Prayers for this darling little boy. Both mom and dad are locked up. Seems they had a grow house. They also were charged with cocaine posession.

http://badbreeders.net/tag/whitney-simonson/

There is so much about this situation that makes me ill. First, the tragic loss of this precious baby boy. Second, the horrific suffering he endured before his life was shut down. Then what follows is the typical line of rhetoric that accompany these cases. The parent is not a monster but a loving father. The family is devastated but clueless to the true situation of the home. I guess none of them visited the family to see they were a grow house or they said nothing -- passive approval. And the lawyer already beginning the spin of what the father said to explain away his brutal behaviors. This baby's death is not an accident. These parents are morons and I don't care if that "hurts" someone feelings because a baby boy is dead. The adults in his life were reckless, dismissive, selfish, and, in the end, brutal.

And I hate the word "snapped" which is how those close to such a situation want to excuse away these monstrous acts. And if you don't know how you act when you are drinking or doing drugs, don't drink and do drugs. Bummer if that spoils your fun evening, but you recreational behaviors may be fatal to others and you don't have that right. And you can't excuse away your bad (and criminal) behaviors when you slip off the edge and "snap."

We have too many of these stories. It is becoming a pandemic.

If the picture posted is the mother's mugshot, she doesn't look like she was beaten into feigned unconsciousness.

Open Mind, your words deserve more than thanks. I agree totally.

Filly , I couldn't understand your post.

Baby Darwin died Thursday. These people were friends of my family. You can read all the information here:

http://www.news-press.com/article/2...to-cope-with-death-of-south-Fort-Myers-infant

Both those children are so cute, so precious--they didn't, and don't,deserve this kind of life. Or death. The picture of that sweet little baby with his grandfather really got to me. How could anyone hurt a baby (or any child)?

People who want to party all the time should just get spayed and neutered. They have no business bringing children into the world.

Another horrific story of a precious child dead. Heartbreaking.

RIP Precious Darwin.

jmho

Baby Darwin died Thursday. These people were friends of my family. You can read all the information here:

http://www.news-press.com/article/2...to-cope-with-death-of-south-Fort-Myers-infant

Daisy Belle I am so sorry for this horrific loss your friends have suffered. Thank you for that information.

PorcineGran, I sometimes don't understand my own posts. Anything I relayed I got from the link. I write like I speak. Can you imagine? I'm one of them all over the place kind of folks. I'll be more than happy to clarify anything.

Bless this baby. Bless his little brother and their entire family that now how to endure this pain.

What in the world kind of life did these babies have living in a drug den? What the hell are people thinking to bring children in to that kind of living situation? They were apparently fine with subjecting their children to that kind of life or they wouldn't have had another one. I hope the mother will at least be brought up on neglect charges. She knowingly subjected her children to that kind of life. Even if she didn't apply the fatal blows, she is hardly blameless in this.

My husband and I were friends with Ryan's younger brother who passed away in 2001 from drugs. Neither of us could have ever imagined this happening. I truly believe both parents should be punished, no child should ever have to live that way. Ryan's mother should have known better than to let him take those babies home after a night of drinking and whatever else he was on.

My husband and I were friends with Ryan's younger brother who passed away in 2001 from drugs. Neither of us could have ever imagined this happening. I truly believe both parents should be punished, no child should ever have to live that way. Ryan's mother should have known better than to let him take those babies home after a night of drinking and whatever else he was on.

I'm sorry for the loss of your friend as well, DB.

One would wonder why if grandmom was sitting for the children why she did let her son take the kids after he was at a bar?

Again, thank you for your insight.

From November 2013:

http://archive.news-press.com/article/20131110/CRIME/311100048/Convicted-baby-killer-out-appeal

Just five months into a 30-year sentence for killing his infant son, a Navy veteran has walked out of prison a free man while he appeals his case.

After posting $250,000 bail and promising to stick close to home, Ryan Costello, 31 at the time of his crime, left a Florida Panhandle prison in September and returned to his mother's home...

Costello was convicted of manslaughter for killing his 4-month-old son, Darwin, in 2010. The boy died of massive injuries: skull fractures, internal bleeding, bruising, a fractured spinal cord, retinal hemorrhaging and a fractured elbow.

A very sad story. I hope that justice is done and the sentence upheld.

...and a note on this thread. Our dear Filly has not been here since September 30, 2013 when she suddenly stopped posting. Not a word from her since. A real mystery. She is missed..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah
Back