Kyron's backpack

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Did Kyron have a backpack?

Where is his backpack? Was it left at the school? Do we know what it looked like?

Did Kyron have a backpack?

Where is his backpack? Was it left at the school? Do we know what it looked like?

In the photo of the classroom with the janitor walking by, there was a table with a laundry basket on it with a backpack in it. May be his.

In the photo of the classroom with the janitor walking by, there was a table with a laundry basket on it with a backpack in it. May be his.

Wouldn't that be a strange place for a backpack?

And when was that photo taken? I would think that the backpack would have been booked into evidence at some point.

IMO: As far as the LE is concerned Kyron does not have his backpack...they posted photos (replicas) of what he was wearing... and his backpack was not listed

It would be interesting to know if there was a lunch packed in his backpack.

And when was that photo taken? I would think that the backpack would have been booked into evidence at some point.

Well that brings up a question I had early on. I'm not sure where this would fit, so I'll post it here.

I was a bit surprised that LE would hold interviews at the school on Sunday, and allow school to start back on Monday morning (and allow the 'field day' on Thursday as announced by the principal). It's bad enough all day passed before they had a chance to thoroughly process the school for evidence, does anyone believe they could have done so in one day (Saturday)? I wonder about that...

IMO: As far as the LE is concerned Kyron does not have his backpack...they posted photos (replicas) of what he was wearing... and his backpack was not listed

Yes, if they figured he had it when he disappeared, they certainly would have added it to the replica display, as backpacks are pretty much the most identifiable article on school children, being so large. He must have left it at home or at school that day... or in the vehicle.

If Kyron's backpack and jacket were still in the room after school let out, I'm going with the notion that Kyron himself thought he'd be back soon enough, so didn't grab it.

I thought it was said that his backpack and maybe a coat were left at school... NOT sure on this though.

I'll see if I can find a link.

***ETA, haven't found anything yet...might be Rumor, not verified...no comment made by LE.

Doinks! Thanks for asking this Kimster - I did a news search, and I think I have been operating on the "fact" that his things were still found in the classroom at the end of the day - is this now disputed?

I must have missed Gates' comment at a press release, according to this article: "Gates would not comment on statements by a family member and others that Kyron's backpack and coat were found in his second-floor classroom."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/search_for_missing_portland_bo.html

Whole new element if this is not verified (Kyron's coat/backpack still in room at the end of the day - it's certainly been discussed, especially that it may have gone unnoticed by a teacher). It has been something that never stood up in my mind if he did leave with his mom to return, or if she took him for the day, or if a stranger abducted him - no matter what happened, having things left behind is a pretty critical factor in assessing who to look at, and looking at if Kyron wandering off was abducted....

I now have more to think about!

I'd think so, too and I wonder about a lunch as well. Or if the teacher took a count of how many were buying lunch and he raised his hand. (Do they still do that?)

OregonLive notes he dropped his coat and backpack off at the classroom before heading to the science fair, so they must still have been there after he disappeared.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

ETA @ Didion: Sorry - didn't mean to duplicate your link. You raise an excellent point - wonder how his coat and backpack went unnoticed by the teacher all day...? Do they have a cloak room? I would actually expect a small boy excited about his science project to just dump these things on his desk so he could get back to his stepmom.

IMO, the backpack has probably been accounted for. Most likely it was found @ the school (either in the classroom or somewhere on the school grounds).

If it had been unaccounted for, it would be likely that LE would have released some sort of description of it, as they did with the clothing & the eyeglasses.

Which leads me to believe that Kyron didn't have it with him when he "disappeared". MOO

ETA: Wanted to add that the same goes for the coat, IMO. LE hasn't released any description of his coat (as far as I know), which leads me to believe it was also left @ the school (if he even wore a coat to school that day).

OregonLive notes he dropped his coat and backpack off at the classroom before heading to the science fair, so they must still have been there after he disappeared.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

ETA @ Didion: Sorry - didn't mean to duplicate your link. You raise an excellent point - wonder how his coat and backpack went unnoticed by the teacher all day...? Do they have a cloak room? I would actually expect a small boy excited about his science project to just dump these things on his desk so he could get back to his stepmom.

Not sure, but you can see coats and backpacks hanging on pegs in photos on the first page of this thread [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106904"]Skyline Elementary School - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

IMO, the backpack has probably been accounted for. Most likely it was found @ the school (either in the classroom or somewhere on the school grounds).

If it had been unaccounted for, it would be likely that LE would have released some sort of description of it, as they did with the clothing & the eyeglasses.

Which leads me to believe that Kyron didn't have it with him when he "disappeared". MOO

ETA: Wanted to add that the same goes for the coat, IMO. LE hasn't released any description of his coat (as far as I know), which leads me to believe it was also left @ the school (if he even wore a coat to school that day).

Or they found it in their searches.

If Kyron's backpack and jacket were still in the room after school let out, I'm going with the notion that Kyron himself thought he'd be back soon enough, so didn't grab it.

Very good point, Debs.

ITA.

And I believe the report that he had a jacket - this year being the second wettest June in Oregon's recorded history, I can believe he had a jacket that early in the morning to fight the damp.

ITA.

And I believe the report that he had a jacket - this year being the second wettest June in Oregon's recorded history, I can believe he had a jacket that early in the morning to fight the damp.

I live north of Portland - and I can attest to how wet & chilly it's been here. Heck - I'm STILL wearing a jacket & putting the heat on in the house, and tomorrow is summer solstice!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back