2010.06.19 ~ Kyron Horman's Blended Family

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discuss the facts listed in this article. No assumptions please. And the best car I ever had was a red Mustang so don't generalize about people who own red Mustangs or any other of the family dynamics! Some of the red Mustang owner comments I saw a few days ago didn't describe me at ALL so don't be putting their lives in a box.

This thread will be closed faster than a hot potato if rumors and gossip abound.

Friends describe a close, supportive group

This was posted on the OregonLive site Saturday..It includes lots of info to help us better understand Kyron's family life & hopefully it will put to rest some rumors like why Kryon lives with Dad/Terri & much more.

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

I am sure Kyrons biological mom (can't keep all the names straight) feels a lot of guilt over this. I feel guilty over everything. It eats me up. I feel bad for her, if shes anything like me.

Thanks for the link, the article answered a lot of questions I had.
She still believes in Terri, apparently. Better woman than I am. JMO

Bless all of them, they have not given up hope.

abbie

Discuss the facts listed in this article. No assumptions please. And the best car I ever had was a red Mustang so don't generalize about people who own red Mustangs or any other of the family dynamics! Some of the red Mustang owner comments I saw a few days ago didn't describe me at ALL so don't be putting their lives in a box.

This thread will be closed faster than a hot potato if rumors and gossip abound.

Wish I had been blessed to be able to roll out these quips like you do...it really is a talent of speech! :D

I am sure Kyrons biological mom (can't keep all the names straight) feels a lot of guilt over this. I feel guilty over everything. It eats me up. I feel bad for her, if shes anything like me.

abbie

Join the club...it's the sign of a good mom! It's the mom's who don't feel guilty or worry that worry me... ;)

I had a white 1985 white Mustang (last year they were carburated, as opposed to fuel injected) my muscle car hubby souped up for me. Think it had black stripe, can't remember. Was fast as he77, scared me sometimes it was so fast. I ended up selling it to someone, and took the $$ and bought my youngest daughter a car. Mustang had big fat tires in the back, it was HOT! Got a lot of "looks" from guys when I drove it, but it was NO GOOD in the snow.
FWIW

abbie

Join the club...it's the sign of a good mom! It's the mom's who don't feel guilty or worry that worry me... ;)

BBM
Really? I feel better about it now. My gramma was such a worrier that when everything was going well, she would say, "Oh dear, something bad's gonna happen....things are going too well..." I am not that bad, but close. LOL

abbie

abbie

I think the article puts a positive spin on both women & Kaine too who I had some doubts about being the male in the middle.

It's pretty clear to me from the letter to Kyron put out today that Desiree (bio-mom) feels tremendous guilt..This article helps me to better understand why not that I didn't already get it. :(

Wish I had been blessed to be able to roll out these quips like you do...it really is a talent of speech! :D

you & me both :biglaugh:

It is not a "blended" family when your good friend moves in with your ex-husband immediately after your marriage has dissolved and becomes his lover. This is called something else that I can't type here. LOL
http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/kyron_hormans_blended_family_f.html

snipped by me

we dont actually know the circumstances - for all we know they had a very sweet and happy threeway going and if it worked for them far be it from me to judge.

It is not a "blended" family when your good friend moves in with your ex-husband immediately after your marriage has dissolved and becomes his lover. This is called something else that I can't type here. LOL

Will it blend? HE** NO!

Is this your professional opinion or personal opinion?

Coming from a step-family, I found that at certain times we blended well and at other times we all could have made better choices.

"FAMILIES" have evolved to be nothing like they were in the old days. I betcha blended families are more common today than "normal" families.

My oldest daughter got married and they had a baby 10 mos later, they seperated when the baby was almost 2, but have stayed married, insurance benefits etc from husband is one reason. They still love each other but not in a "lets get back together" way (even tho our whole family wishes they would) She has a BF that she has been with for 9 years now. Husband and BF get along, not bosom buddies but they both attend family cookouts, holiday visits, etc. Daughter and BF had a baby 2 yrs ago. Husband loves the baby as if its his own. Its bizarre, but hey, its my big dysfunctional family. It works for them, so whatever. I know many other bizarre family arrangements with other people we know, it works for them so whatever. As longs as kids are treated well and everyone gets along, go for it.
This family (Horman's) would not garner any attention at all if not for Kyron being missing. Their arrangement doesn't strike me as being shockingly strange, but I do give mad props to the non-bio dad ex hubby who still pays child support for his adopted son. Stand-up guy, need more of those, Thank You!

All JMO

abbie

Personally, the article raised more questions for me and I don't think it painted TH in the best light.

Is this your professional opinion or personal opinion?

Coming from a step-family, I found that at certain times we blended well and at other times we all could have made better choices.
Usually your friends know exactly why you filed for divorce and they don't want any part of your ex's "issues" either. They have heard alllllll about his faults from the best source, his wife who is their trusted friend.

When Desiree returned from receiving medical treatment in Canada (huh?), Kyron did not remain in her primary custody. This may have also caused some "non-blending" disharmony.

IMO, this article is really slanted to positively portray both families. There are some facts that are incorrectly stated and other important facts that are omitted.

Usually your friends know exactly why you filed for divorce and they don't want any part of your ex's "issues" either. They have heard alllllll about his faults from the best source, his wife who is their trusted friend.

When Desiree returned from receiving medical treatment in Canada (huh?), Kyron did not remain in her primary custody. This may have also caused some "non-blending" disharmony.

IMO, this article is really slanted to positively portray both families. There are some facts that are incorrectly stated and other important facts that are omitted.

Thanks for taking the time to elaborate. I was confused. :)

Thanks for taking the time to elaborate. I was confused. :)
There are lots of happy, blended families, but I don't think this would be one.

I think these two moms could have started their blended family with anger (you are living with my ex???) and distrust (you, my supposed friend, are living with my ex??)

I agree. It's kind of tacky. But, maybe it worked, and Desiree didn't care---who really knows. I think it's rather questionable--as to her character.

I wonder why Terri's mother is under the impression that Terri started to take care of her boyfriend's baby straight after he was born if the truth is that she took care of her ill girlfriend's two-year-old and started a relationship later.

Kyron's biological mother, Desiree Horman, and his father were officially divorced in February 2003, according to Washington County Circuit Court records.

Carol Moulton said that Kaine, 36, and Terri, 40, have been together for seven or eight years and that they have been married for four or five years. The couple have an 18-month-old girl.

"Terri has raised Kyron," her mother said. "She's been with him since he was an infant. She's as much of a mom as the mom is because the parents had separated about the time that Kyron was born."

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/details_emerge_about_the_day_k.html

It is not a "blended" family when your good friend moves in with your ex-husband immediately after your marriage has dissolved and becomes his lover

s&bbm

"Someone had to watch the baby," said Amanda Howards, the former wife of Kaine's brother Kristian. "Terri was her friend. She moved in just to help with the baby."

Maybe her helping with the baby was ALL it was at first?..Either way that was 2004 & they didn't marry until 2007..It also states the marriage would've dissolved a lot sooner IF Desiree didn't become pregnant with Kyron & even that didn't keep the marriage going since she filed for divorce while still pregnant..IOW! It doesn't sound like Desiree had any desire to be with Kaine so how much did she really care about him & Terri? If Kaine had dumped her then I could see the jealousy/anger angle playing out but I honestly don't see it from the way it all went down.

The biggest question I had from the article is how and when did DY and TH become friends? We're they close friends or just casual friends? Obviously, the article is full of holes and possibly incorrect info since there has been other articles that contradict it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10