Bleeding Virgin Mary just another hoax

Casshew

Former Member
Reaction score
The hand of man rather than God made religious icons appear to bleed and weep blood at a Brisbane Catholic Church, an investigation has found.

Brisbane Catholic Archbishop John Bathersby said today the substance that seeped from a statue of the Virgin Mary, pictures of Christ and crucifixes was not supernatural or a miracle, but synthetic.

He called on the person or persons responsible for the hoax to come forward and tell the truth.

He said a panel of experts could not be satisfied "that the phenomenon was, within the proper meaning of the word, a miracle".

The phenomena, which began at the Vietnamese Catholic Community Church in Inala in Brisbane's west on May 21, attracted thousands of people who thought they were seeing the lord's work in action.

But believers, who are still trickling in from around the country and across the world, today said the official findings made no difference to their conviction that God had given them a sign.

Anne Nguyen, who had flown from California to visit the church, said it did not matter to her what the church had ruled - she still believed.

"We still believe - the rest doesn't matter," she said.

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/07/29/1091080366746.html?oneclick=true

I'd love to be a fly on the wall when the person who did this stands before the Pearly Gates and tries to explain to the Big Guy why he/she did this.

In this day and age, it's amazing that some people still believe in bleeding statues and similar "phenomena", even when they're exposed as hoaxes.

Ivy said:
In this day and age, it's amazing that some people still believe in bleeding statues and similar "phenomena", even when they're exposed as hoaxes.
Yep Ivy... and all kinds of other things too, like Big Foot & the Loch Ness Monster

Ivy said:

That's funny that you said that Ivy. I was thinking the exact opposite. In this day and age, people need more than ever to believe in a "higher power," and proof thereof.

Jeana (DP) said:
. In this day and age, people need more than ever to believe in a "higher power,"
Like Tybee and Amra??? I beleive I believe

DP, believing in a higher power is one thing. Believing in bleeding statues and other nonsense is quite another, especially once they've been exposed as hoaxes.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back