Jeremy London Claims He Was Kidnapped, Forced to Smoke Drugs

Recovering-Lurker

I'm Back and on My Best Behavior
Reaction score
Uh huh, sure.

According to the Palm Springs Police Department, London was changing his flat tire at roughly 2 p.m. when several men stopped to help him. They were presumably on foot as, after the tire was successfully changed, London sought to return their favor by offering them a ride home.

They obviously accepted, but soon after turned the tables on the actor, holding him up at gunpoint in the car.

"The gunman forced London to drive to various locations throughout the city, purchase alcohol and use illicit drugs," police spokeswoman Melissa Desmarais said in a statement.

While what drugs exactly he was forced to use haven't been confirmed, he reportedly was forced to smoke crack cocaine or amphetamines.

London's car was later found in the Gateway Estates neighborhood, where one of the alleged abductors lives. It's unclear how, exactly, the actor escaped, but escape he did.

After roughly 12 hours at the mercy of the kidnappers, London finally got away from the men and immediately after, at 2:35 a.m., contacted police.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/detail.jsp?contentId=186314#ixzz0rcFiFnOf

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/gossip/2010/06/jeremy-london-kidnapped-forced-to-smoke-drugs.html

http://www.cnn.com/2010/SHOWBIZ/celebrity.news.gossip/06/17/jeremy.london.kidnapped/?hpt=T2

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/37838019/ns/today-entertainment/

This is so odd that I don't know what to think. Boy, has Jeremy London changed from his Party of Five days.

I find the whole story really bizarre. Illegal drugs cost $$$, so for what purpose would someone make their supposed kidnap victim use drugs?
Especially considering this was not a kidnapping for a purpose of rape/sexual assault, in which case I can see how a victim could be made to use drugs.

This story seems very strange and I just don't buy it. They did nothing to him but give him drugs. No gain for those who took him. Sounds like he may have slipped or stumbled off the wagon and needed an excuse to give his friends/family and the public.

I need some more reasonable facts.

Goz

...I need some more reasonable facts.

Yeah, like exactly which illicit drugs, how much do they cost and what is the address where they can be purchased?

Since this supposedly happened in my own town.

Be careful Nova! You could be next!

I know addiction isn't a laughing matter, but holy crap. London shouldn't bother with acting - he should be writing screenplays.

I know addiction isn't a laughing matter, but holy crap. London shouldn't bother with acting - he should be writing screenplays.

Nah - the Six Feet Under folks got to this plot line a long while before him.

Ohh, I've never seen it, unfortunately. But I lurve Peter Krause.

I don't mean to be bossy, but you must, must, MUST watch it on DVD!

One of the best TV series of all time. And I don't just say that because I, too, lurve Mr. Krause. (Speaking of whom, his current work on Parenthood is also quite remarkable, I think. The series is nowhere near the quality of Six Feet Under and Krause's Parenthood character isn't nearly as showy. But I think his current work is even more impressive, perhaps, precisely because he is playing an "ordinary" guy.)

London's story is hard to believe on its own merits. But even harder to believe because he claims it took place in this sleepy, desert-resort town, where nothing much interesting ever happens. Our local TV stations often lead with stories of traffic accidents--ones where nobody was even injured!

(It's true we are close enough (110 miles) to L.A. that we get occasional gang forays from there, but they are rather uncommon. And they usually involve home invasion robberies, not kidnapping semi-celebrities and forcing them to smoke drugs.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohbeehaave
Back