2010.06.23 - Gates talks about tips

Lavender

Reaction score
"Investigators in Kyron Horman disappearance say they're not ignoring tips"

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/investigators_in_kyron_horman.html

"If we released everything that we knew, we'd get all kinds of people that call in with all kinds of theories. What we want is when we get tips to get fresh information. If we get a call with details that haven't gone out, we know that person is a credible witness," Gates said. "That's integral to the case and that's going to help us solve it. When we release tidbits of information to the public, it's definitely in order to help us solve this case.

"Until we solve this case, the public does not have a right to know the details. Once we solve the case, they have every right to."

Article also provides insight into how LE is prioritizing and processing tips that are coming in from across the country...including psychics

Seems like it's been a long time since we've heard from Capt. Gates. Always reassures me when I find quotes from him.

This makes perfect sense to me and renews my hope that LE knows exactly what they are doing and have some credible leads and probably a POI/suspect.

Lavender that link isn't taking me to the article.

Investigators in Kyron Horman disappearance say they're not ignoring tips​

wallwed2jpeg-d838aa3dc7696f96_large.jpeg

The Wall of Hope for Kyron Horman at Skyline School grew Wednesday with balloons, cards and gifts.​

In the three weeks since Kyron Horman disappeared from his grade school, investigators have remained tight-lipped about their work except for one thing: They have repeatedly asked the public to call in tips and replay the day in their heads to jog any memories that may help find the 7-year-old​

Here is a link​

Lavender that link isn't taking me to the article.

I tried to fix the link. I think it works now. Please try and let me know if it doesn't work for you.

Oh, didn't see that you provided one that worked. Thank you so much for doing that!

I tried to fix the link. I think it works now. Please try and let me know if it doesn't work for you.

Oh, didn't see that you provided one that worked. Thank you so much for doing that!

It is working now, thanks.

This makes perfect sense to me and renews my hope that LE knows exactly what they are doing and have some credible leads and probably a POI/suspect.

Me too. I'm thinking maybe they have a lot of circumstantial evidence and hoping that they are just waiting to find Kyron before they make an arrest.

I've been crossing my fingers all day that the (ever so slightly) improving forecast will bring a turn in the case, since water levels will be going down and water seems to be where they've been focused, at least on SI.

I always remind myself that he said they don't need a body to make an arrest. It was at the last PC IIRC.

Sending good energy to LE to help figure out what happened, and bring Kyron home.

I like the use of the word WHEN here, no hesitation at all, WHEN we solve this case. I think they have it pretty much figured out they just dont want to jeoperdize the investigation. It does erk me a bit that they will not at least confirm or deny if Terri is a suspect. but I guess they have thier reasons. I just see LE treating this case just like Haleighs case, which is frustrating, they want the publics help but do not even return calls so that the tipster knows they got the call. ODD

http://www.oregonlive.com/portland/index.ssf/2010/06/investigators_in_kyron_horman.html

"If we released everything that we knew, we'd get all kinds of people that call in with all kinds of theories. What we want is when we get tips to get fresh information. If we get a call with details that haven't gone out, we know that person is a credible witness," Gates said. "That's integral to the case and that's going to help us solve it. When we release tidbits of information to the public, it's definitely in order to help us solve this case.

"Until we solve this case, the public does not have a right to know the details. Once we solve the case, they have every right to."

BBM. That seems to be the crux of it. What they need right now is info they don't already have, from a credible witness. That's understandable. They need to crack the case, or if they've already cracked it, they need definitive evidence, so they can move forward to the next step. Makes sense.

I feel no lead is worthless.ALL leads are important.

In Caylee Anthony's case, the tips were released. We read them here on WS. One was that Caylee was in the gas tank of her mother's car. Another was to look where the German Shepherd peed. Yes really.

This is likely the sort of thing Gates was referring to.

Article also provides insight into how LE is prioritizing and processing tips that are coming in from across the country...including psychics

Seems like it's been a long time since we've heard from Capt. Gates. Always reassures me when I find quotes from him.

BBM & RED

They've released Tidbits? To help them solve the case?
I need to go scour around. Apparently. I'm missing a few rather important tibits. :crazy:

Boy’s case shows how social media helps – and how it hurts

"Lindstrand says she and the sheriff’s office appreciate the high interest in the case. They also try to use social media to their advantage, by staying on top of the chatter with their own Twitter site. And they rely on the steady stream of citizens who call in with potential tips about the case, many gleaned from the blogs."

“We are monitoring it,” she says. “I know social media is out there; I know it’s not going to go away. It can be useful just like any other social network, if it’s done with respect.”

http://www.portlandtribune.com/news...56200&utm_source=New+Media&utm_medium=twitter

Red herrings aren't helpful. Those are tips that lead the investigators in the wrong direction and waste their time.
I pray they are looking into all tips.Nothing is a waste of time to find little Kyron.I will say No Comment in how I feel they are handling this investigation.I just pray the find him and do not stop looking for him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JR Rainwater
Back