Found Deceased VA - Morgan Dana Harrington, 20, Charlottesville, 17 Oct 2009 - #15

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discussion of Possible Motives:

The Phantom:
Sally, give a dog a bone, what (theoretically) could have been so bad, so offensive, so angering, that would cause a group of purported friends to want to (possibly) murder Morgan? She may have had more money, but I don't think any of them come from low income families. Yes, she was very attractive, but are they chopped liver? What did she possibly have/do that could incite the ultimate act of vengefulness? And, what could she have done/said that would be worth it to any one of these indivdiuals to be willing to risk life in jail or worse? I just can't believe a group of young people like this would gang up on one person -- and kill them -- for -- what? I know kids in highschool have cliques and gang up on each other all the time -- but does this go on to the same degree in ---- college????? Geez, has college now become 13th grade??? Worse yet, is it populated with young people who lack a moral compass to the degree they would murder someone just to get even?

Had MH's license been suspended?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sally10
Spitting here so mods blast me if you must.

Suspended license and 6 months ago:
1. Would explain AM driving or DC or whomever instead of Morgan.
2. Would explain her not hanging with her car IFFFFF she were locked out of the arena.
3. Would explain or possibly contribute to what happened 6 months ago. This point could indicate another party, jealousy motives, payback or whatever motive. This was the first big thing she was "allowed" to do since 6 months it looks like to me. First chance for anyone to do anything to her.
4. Could explain the UVA provided "mug shot" that was continually pulled from articles very quickly after it showed up and replaced with other pics. All media sources recognize AP/UVA with the photo. I am thinking the photo originated at UVA during an incident involving Morgan 6 months ago. 6 months prior to the concert - almost to the day - was a Grateful Dead concert at UVA so did she get in trouble there????

PS Could this concert have been a birthday celebration for AM? Her birthday is the 19th of October. A Monday. 2 days after the concert. I often celebrate birthdays over a weekend myself.

But if MH's license had been suspended, wouldn't her parents "impound" her car?

Does MH's resume have any significant gaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LLLindsayy
Me and Morgan have a couple mutual friends on Facebook. I'll message a some of them to see if I can confirm that she spent her freshman and sophomore years at VT. I'll let you know when/if I hear anything back.
Ask about a gap. Thanks.

JMO: The idea that SS shot her childhood friend in the face, specifically straight into her left eye, not even in the course of some violent struggle, but in cold blood, just doesn't seem right. We don't see any history which would have led up to the attack. Plus, MH's parents would have sensed that something was wrong ...

But if MH had informed on someone, and her testimony caused him to be incarcerated for 10 years or more, and also caused disruption an illegal drug operation resulting in some weird group losing huge money, then likely she would have been targeted.

Street gangs are often blamed for violent crimes related to drugs, but in this case, there seems to be an element of personal animosity. Therefore, a weird Manson-style group may be more likely to be the perps.

OTOH: maybe the two young women were rivals for the attention of some guy? Could such a situation lead to a murder?

Old Yesterday, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLMcKenna83 View Post
bbm...
I think I missed this... according to who?

eta: could you please provide a link where it specifically states that the drawing represents Morgan? TIA.

You have to examine the photo itself.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...a228d6f6cb9afb

We can't post the actual photo, though. Just the link.

Photo #14

Sorry, I don't know how to carry over from another thread.

I have examined the photo for myself. There is nothing that specifically states that the picture is of Morgan. That is YOUR opinion. I'm asking for some type of article or statement from the artist saying that the picture represents Morgan D. Harrington. Can you provide that link? If not, then you must state that it is YOUR OPINION that the picture is a representation of Morgan. Until a link can be provided specifically stating that picture #14 in that person's FB photo album is of Morgan, then we must take it as your opinion and you should mark it as such. So I ask again, please provide us with some type of link stating that it's Morgan depicted in that drawing.

I haven't posted or been on in a while. Have they released a cause of death for Morgan?
TIA.

I haven't posted or been on in a while. Have they released a cause of death for Morgan?
TIA.

No.

Certain words seen throughout writings by Morgan's family seems to give clues, but that is not a concrete answer.

Some posters here also think they may have a good idea about what happened to Morgan, but that's not concrete either.

To tell you the truth, I was never clear about the exact cause of Morgan's death, based on what the medical examiner released. Question: does the medical examiner have to release cause of death to the public? In certain cases, can this information be withheld, pending the outcome of further investigation? I know many of Morgan's bones were broken -- but nothing (as far as I know) was said as to how this was done -- were these blunt instrument injuries, crush injuries, vehicular related? Someone here once talked about the legal definition of "homocide" -- that this definition did not necessarily mean murder. Then, we heard Morgan's mother say Morgan was murdered. Was she? How do we know? Are we assuming this based upon the circumstances? I have been. I believe it was a brutal, horrible murder. I just don't know precisely how it was done. What do you think?

Homicide refers to the killing of one human being by another. The killing could be accidental, self-defense, manslaughter or the various degrees of murder, depending on intentionality and aggravating circumstances (e.g., killing someone during a robbery or other felony, killing a police officer in the line of duty, etc.)

You have to examine the photo itself.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...a228d6f6cb9afb

We can't post the actual photo, though. Just the link.

Photo #14.

I don't think this is Morgan at all. To me it looks like a reference to a Hindu goddess; the sword and the serpent indicate the demon Mahishasura, and perhaps the beautiful representation is some sort of symbolic image of Durga, who is said to have defeated the demon Mahishasura. Though I doubt that it actually means anything symbolic in this case, really, because I think it's just somebody's drawing.

http://www.indiastudychannel.com/gallery/19742-ALMIGHTY.aspx
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahishasura

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durga

I'm not well-versed in Hindu religion or imagery, but to me these seem far more likely than it being a random, lone drawing of Morgan affecting typical Hindu goddess regalia and positioning.

Most likely, the artist is not well-versed either, and they were merely adopting imagery from several prominent Hindu goddess figures, i.e. Rama, Vishnu, et. al. in their rendering.

Sorry, I don't know how to carry over from another thread.

I have examined the photo for myself. There is nothing that specifically states that the picture is of Morgan. That is YOUR opinion. I'm asking for some type of article or statement from the artist saying that the picture represents Morgan D. Harrington. Can you provide that link? If not, then you must state that it is YOUR OPINION that the picture is a representation of Morgan. Until a link can be provided specifically stating that picture #14 in that person's FB photo album is of Morgan, then we must take it as your opinion and you should mark it as such. So I ask again, please provide us with some type of link stating that it's Morgan depicted in that drawing.

The face looks like her. Plus, the odd jewelry.

I don't think this is Morgan at all. To me it looks like a reference to a Hindu goddess; the sword and the serpent indicate the demon Mahishasura, and perhaps the beautiful representation is some sort of symbolic image of Durga, who is said to have defeated the demon Mahishasura. Though I doubt that it actually means anything symbolic in this case, really, because I think it's just somebody's drawing.

All drawings are symbols.

Yes, the outer ring seems something like a snake. On the other thread, I suggested an ouroborus, or snake eating its own tail. The ourboros means "infinity."

jordan080707.jpg

The snake seems to pierce her lower abdomen.

If it is a rendition of a Hindu goddess, why would the goddess be portrayed in what would be a horribly painful position rather than as victorious over the snake/serpent? Also, the way the subject's right hand is placed over her crotch is insinuating. Snakes are also phallic symbols. Is the artist implying that the subject is infinitely promiscuous?

I'm not well-versed in Hindu religion or imagery, but to me these seem far more likely than it being a random, lone drawing of Morgan affecting typical Hindu goddess regalia and positioning.

Yes, the girl in the image does look like MH.

If it is a rendition of a Hindu goddess, why would the goddess be portrayed in what would be a horribly painful position rather than as victorious over the snake/serpent?

Because that is how south-east asian symbolic religous art is generally presented.

Snakes are also phallic symbols. Is the artist implying that the subject is infinitely promiscuous?

In Indian mythology snakes, especially cobras, are associated with wealth, power and fertility. Being encircled by a snake while holding a sword would be a depiction of strength.

Because that is how south-east asian symbolic religous art is generally presented.

Don't recall ever seeing an Asian artwork similar to that image. Do you have a link to any examples?

In Indian mythology snakes, especially cobras, are associated with wealth, power and fertility. Being encircled by a snake while holding a sword would be a depiction of strength.

In the image, the subject is not encircled by the snake, but it pierces her lower abdomen.

But in your opinion, the "artist" is saying that the subject is extremely powerful? JMO: the image looks like MH, which shows that she had some link to AF prior to being killed.

Example of genuine Buddhist art:
300px-Buddha_in_Sarnath_Museum_%28Dhammajak_Mutra%29.jpg

Note serene contemplative mood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads