Reaction score
Please continue here.
Thread 13

Thread 12

Thread 11

Thread 10

Thread 9

Please remember the TOS rules.

Lots of off topic posts in the last thread. Please try to stay on track.

Also - link your post to the case (show the connection) or don't hit the post button.

Thanks

ETA: Ground Rules

Keep the discussion relevant to Stephany's murder. Treat Stephany's family with respect - they are victims also.

No name calling!

No discussion of Natalie or JonBenet or their families. There must be a clear connection between Stephany's murder and the cases of the other two girls, publicized in the mainstream media, before any discussion will be allowed.

The information regarding JVDS's dog and the homeless man MUST either be substantiated or dropped. At this point it appears this info is based on rumor/speculation. Show where the info comes from or drop it.

No disparaging remarks about JVDS's mother. You may discuss what has been printed, her quotes in the media, etc. You may NOT bash her. She too is a victim of her son's behavior.

As always - TOS applies. If you are having trouble, check the TOS forum. You will find a lot of info on threadequitte, dealing with other posters and the rules, long and short versions.

If you have questions - ask a mod before posting.

Thanks for your cooperation! And thank you for caring about Stephany.

Salem

About the rats in Joran's toilet.....

van der Sloot means "Of the ditch/sewer"

Rat-to snitch

JM crazy O

Beatrice post-posted: (thread 13)

When Joran was first apprehended, it is my opinion, he was not in handcuffs.
In the video, where they go through his belongings that were placed on a table, you can see a set of handcuffs. Joran starts to put his stuff back in his knapsack and if it wasn't for the banner on the bottom of the video...It kind of appears to me he placed the handcuffs back in his bag.....I could be wrong.

Those might have been a set of Ben Wa balls he had laying on the table, and could resemble a set of cuffs at a distance. jmho

Just catching up again LOL. Concerning the crime scene photos: the biggest share of the blood seems to be soaked in blood--to sheets, bedspread, the shirt, the carpet.
After everything is removed all you really see is that one large stain which is more than likely where her head was positioned. Unless I am looking at those pictures wrong, it looks like the two with the stains on the carpet are after the body and bedding were removed and furniture is moved away to clean up. Even see a vacuum or shampooer sitting there waiting to go to work.

Sheets or clothing can soak up a lot of blood and make even a plain old bloody nose look like a massive injury--if all you had to look at was the blood saturated cloth. This was still a very brutal crime. I think a person's first reaction to the room would be massive amounts of blood, but once all the absorption materials are removed, there is only the one spot on the carpet. Blood can be very deceiving--especially head and nose injuries.

On the last thread, unreels brought up a "contradiction" concerning the amount of blood. As Doobiedoo points out, the fact that the sheets and other bedding was involved (and might have been used in an attempt to clean up) can make a scene look bloodier than it is. Mark Furhman, on the other hand, has seen crimes scenes like the Simpson/Goldman scene, where two victims essentially bled out as a result of stab wounds. How a reporter describes a scene might vary, based on experience. A veteran homicide investigator might see the scene in the hotel room based on a far wider scale of experience. Anyone who has ever seen a basketball player's nose broken on the court knows that a broken nose can produce a lot of blood very fast. However, that would pale beside a double stabbing murder with multiple wounds to each victims leading them to bleed out.

Stephany's head was battered, so there would be considerable blood from that, and probably lots of spatter, small drops that scattered, as well. She clearly didn't bleed out, so a veteran cop might see the scene as less bloody than a TV tabloid reporter would.

And for the record, there has not been one shred, not one iota of evidence from a reputable source that links American LE to Stephany's murder as part of a conspiracy to set up poor Joran. It was Joran's hotel room, his face on the video at the hotel desk captured as he and Stephany entered the hotel, his choice to take Stephany to his room, his face on the video leaving, his fingers fake-tapping at the door. It was Joran who fled, Joran who changed his appearance, Joran who told different stories to Chile and Peru LE, and Joran who confessed and then changed his mind. It is Joran who has Stephany's blood on his clothes and whose DNA will be found on her body. And here's a great thought: a man convicted of a murder was recently exonerated because of DNA lifted from the fabric of the victim's clothes. If Joran touched her jeans to pull them off or try to put them back on, he will have left his DNA. As his father knew very well, the body will be the best witness in this case.

Just catching up again LOL. Concerning the crime scene photos: the biggest share of the blood seems to be soaked in blood--to sheets, bedspread, the shirt, the carpet.
After everything is removed all you really see is that one large stain which is more than likely where her head was positioned. Unless I am looking at those pictures wrong, it looks like the two with the stains on the carpet are after the body and bedding were removed and furniture is moved away to clean up. Even see a vacuum or shampooer sitting there waiting to go to work.

Sheets or clothing can soak up a lot of blood and make even a plain old bloody nose look like a massive injury--if all you had to look at was the blood saturated cloth. This was still a very brutal crime. I think a person's first reaction to the room would be massive amounts of blood, but once all the absorption materials are removed, there is only the one spot on the carpet. Blood can be very deceiving--especially head and nose injuries.

There were reports that luminol picked up blood spatter all over the room. Floors, clothes, and walls. Was this an incorrect report? tia

And I'd be good with a "Midnight Express" prison anywhere for Joran.
(Beth to Greta, 11/19/2008)

There were reports that luminol picked up blood spatter all over the room. Floors, clothes, and walls. Was this an incorrect report? tia

Yes, they said it was one of the worst crime scenes in terms of blood that they had seen. I *think* Joran made a feeble attempt at cleaning...Probably with the dark bottle of what could be Hydrogen Peroxide.

There may have been some spatter. I am just saying from the pictures it appears to be the main saturation is on the bedding and where her head was laying. If, for instance, the nose hit was the first one--the bleeding would have started immediately. Anything he did with her after that point-such as pulling her down on the bed or throwing her to the floor would have caused some spatter, but not necessarily in huge amounts. I just mean the largest areas of visible blood are from saturation and clean up.

Man he could have just strangled her, removed her body and nobody would have been the wiser. (Well, maybe not because of the camera!)

CNN reported it, here

"Lima, Peru (CNN) -- The 21-year-old Peruvian woman Joran van der Sloot is accused of killing had a cranial fracture and other significant injuries to her face and neck and showed signs of asphyxiation, a court document obtained by CNN shows.

Forensic luminol tests in the hotel room where her body was found showed blood on the floors, hallway and mattress, the document said.

The body of Stephany Flores was in such a decomposed state that an autopsy was difficult to perform, the document said.

The autopsy revealed Flores had used amphetamines, it said."

CNN reported it, here

"Lima, Peru (CNN) -- The 21-year-old Peruvian woman Joran van der Sloot is accused of killing had a cranial fracture and other significant injuries to her face and neck and showed signs of asphyxiation, a court document obtained by CNN shows.

Forensic luminol tests in the hotel room where her body was found showed blood on the floors, hallway and mattress, the document said.

The body of Stephany Flores was in such a decomposed state that an autopsy was difficult to perform, the document said.

The autopsy revealed Flores had used amphetamines, it said."

Thank you. I asked this question a couple of times yesterday, but to my knowledge never got a reply. Has the time of death been determined? And if so has it been released? jmo but I think this is very important. tia

I have been unable to find anything that states an official TOD.

I have been unable to find anything that states an official TOD.

I personally think that is crucial. It was certainly make it possible to report with better information. I don't understand how so many different stories are out there about the whole thing.

NG was reporting last night that he killed her after he came back from getting coffee. Why don't they look at the time stamps on the videos? Drives me nuts. I want to see something new. Websleuths needs a t.v. show, no a whole channel. :) jmo

If that tape doesn't show Stephany leaving, or anyone else entering that room before her body was discovered, then I've been wrong about Joran and he deserves the punishment he receives. If, however, anyone else enters or leaves that room during the three days in question, Joran is innocent.

That doesn't absolutely follow, does it? It does if Stephany is shown coming out alive under her own steam after Joran left. If she doesn't come out, but someone else goes in, that looks shady and could mean whoever else went in and out did it, but does not automatically mean "Joran is innocent." It would mean he had someone else to point to as a possible culprit, but it's not the same as absolute proof Joran did not do it. Maybe another person went inside, found Stephany dead, and left. Suspicious but not absolute proof one way or the other.

This is all a moot point anyway since we don't have a tape showing that. I don't think LE will release the full tapes, which IMO probably show hours of footage of an empty hallway, although I admit I also would like to see it just to find out for sure for myself that Joran is the only one who went in or out until the body was found. Not that I think he is innocent, but because I would like to see how solid (or not) the evidence is against him, besides the glaringly suspicious coffee/knocking act he did. I find it hard to believe Stephany was alive in there while he was out in the hall doing all that.

If Peru has discovery laws, Joran's attorney will have access to the tapes. But if someone else had come in or out, other than the hotel employee who found her, we would know by now because Joran and his attorney would be screaming it from the rooftop of Castro Castro.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46