GUILTY WA - Austin King, 16, Morton, 22 June 2010

From Rose's link above:

Detectives stumped after Morton teen vanishes

A Lewis County teenager has mysteriously vanished. And now his family members are on a mission to solve the mystery that's left police stumped.

Austin King, 16, was last seen six days ago when he said goodnight to some of his friends, then went to bed inside the small cabin behind the family's trailer home in the small town of Morton.

More at link.

I can't find much on this boy at all. I wish there was more coverage, I have a 16 year old and would be terrified if he was missing! I feel bad for his family!

There are alot of comments at Rose's link. Some are supposedly from his gf, grand-parents, and other family members.

The lack of news coverage is SNAFU for Washington state. If it doesn't happen in Seattle... it doesn't matter. Sad. moo.

Family, friends keep hope for missing Morton teen

It’s been one week since Morton resident Christy Harper realized her 16-year-old son was missing.

Austin David King had been spending time with friends late June 24 when they decided to go home, and he told Harper he was going to sleep, she said.

"He said he was going to bed and that he would talk to me in the morning," Harper said. "He was laughing, in a good mood, joking with everybody."

By noon the following day — a time when family members say King would normally emerge from the detached building next to the family’s mobile home — his mother noticed he was missing and called 911, she said.

[snip]

"We’ve ran into dead ends everywhere we’ve went," Aust said. "There’s no evidence of foul play, but neither is there evidence that he’s a runaway."

[snip]

King is described by friends and family as a home-schooled boy who would not venture out alone. They say he becomes nervous in the dark and doesn’t like going anywhere by himself. Harper said King would never consider running away, and that he would have at least called his girlfriend or friends.

Harper said King had "traumatic experience" some years back that made him reluctant to go anywhere alone.

He has no cellular phone or debit card, and wasn’t especially active on social networking sites like MySpace.com. His profile hasn’t been updated since days before his disappearance.

Family members, friends and volunteers are asking for additional help in locating 16-year-old Austin David King. Search coordinator Jennifer Mau says anyone 18 or older is free to come to command central at the end of Chapman Road off of state Route 508 outside Morton. Anyone under the age of 18 can participate with a note from their guardian, though Mau said they will be given fliers to post throughout the area. Those interested in helping can also call King’s mother Christy Harper at ***-****.

Read more: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/...ends-keep-hope-for-missing.html#ixzz0sOGoU8IZ

Doesn't say WHEN, though?
Austin's mom's hone number removed by me. If you really want it, it's at the article.

Family, friends keep hope for missing Morton teen

It’s been one week since Morton resident Christy Harper realized her 16-year-old son was missing.

Austin David King had been spending time with friends late June 24 when they decided to go home, and he told Harper he was going to sleep, she said.

"He said he was going to bed and that he would talk to me in the morning," Harper said. "He was laughing, in a good mood, joking with everybody."

By noon the following day — a time when family members say King would normally emerge from the detached building next to the family’s mobile home — his mother noticed he was missing and called 911, she said.

[snip]

"We’ve ran into dead ends everywhere we’ve went," Aust said. "There’s no evidence of foul play, but neither is there evidence that he’s a runaway."

[snip]

King is described by friends and family as a home-schooled boy who would not venture out alone. They say he becomes nervous in the dark and doesn’t like going anywhere by himself. Harper said King would never consider running away, and that he would have at least called his girlfriend or friends.

Harper said King had "traumatic experience" some years back that made him reluctant to go anywhere alone.

He has no cellular phone or debit card, and wasn’t especially active on social networking sites like MySpace.com. His profile hasn’t been updated since days before his disappearance.

Do we have any idea what this traumatic experience was?

I found some court records for an Austin King in Lewis County from 2006 and 2007. They are listed on the Washington Courts website but cannot be accessed because he was/is a minor. I'm not sure if this would be related to the "traumatic incident" or not, but I would be willing to bet that it is.

Lewis County teenager missing a week after disappearing on way home

It has been one week since Morton resident Christy Harper realized her 16-year-old son was missing.

“He said he was going to bed and that he would talk to me in the morning,” Harper said. “He was laughing, in a good mood, joking with everybody.”

I am not clear on something. Did Austin go missing on the way home from friends? Or did he go missing after friends left him at his place?

The dogs got a scent along the river bank.
Would he have gone with a friend to the river after dark?

I would think LE have questioned all his friends and family.

What would make a 16 yr old who is afraid to be out alone after a traumatic experience leave the comfort of his home

I am thinking, would he go out if a girlfriend called, if his best friend called,
if a family member said they needed help?

It's not good that he has been missing a week with no clues.

Prayers for Austin and his family.

http://www.thenewstribune.com/2010/...ds-hamper-search-for.html?storylink=mirelated

The lack of focus for the investigation led to two similar false leads this week. A flip-flop found by volunteer searchers in the forest surrounding the Morton area mobile home park turned out to be the wrong size and type of footwear. An initial report of what volunteers described as a shirt hung up in the river was determined to be a piece of plastic, Aust said.
"I just don’t know what to do with this anymore," Aust said. "I’m not saying he didn’t meet with foul play, but there is just no way of knowing at this point."

I am just noting here that all leads have turned out to be false leads and that no more resources to be used unless there is some kind of evidence.

Unless they are out looking, how are they going to find any evidence????

16-Year-Old Boy Missing From Morton Area

Austin D. King was last seen going to his room outside of a home around 12:30 a.m. on June 23. He was wearing blue jeans, a gray T-shirt and brown slippers. He is described as being 5 feet 8 inches tall, 160 pounds and blue eyes.Deputies have not released any more information.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/24115745/detail.html

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/97368809.html#idc-container

Harper said the family rafted the Tilton River looking for any sign of her son, but found none. She has also called the boy's father as well as his girlfriend, but neither had seen him.

Desperate for answers, friends and family hit the road, posting missing person signs all over the state, from Yakima to Tacoma.
But the teen remains missing, and the Lewis County Sheriff's Office says detectives are at a loss.

King doesn't have a cell phone, or credit or debit card to track. The last time he checked his MySpace account was nine days before he seemingly vanished, and his page doesn't lend any clues.

"Contact us. Come home. We just want to know you are safe," said Harper.

bbm
I read this earlier but just wanted to highlight how much the family has done. I guess the Tilton River must be close to the mobile home.

Morton, WA is a very small town... about 1600 people and I would imagine everyone knows everyone.
Austin is homeschooled, but still would know most people. I would think
LE have questioned all his friends he was with that night.

Austin doesn't have a cell phone, or a credit/debit card. He presumably also has very little cash. I really don't see him leaving on his own. I hope that someone is helping him and he just needed to get away for a while. Instead of the alternative.

Police Ask For Help In Missing Morton Teen Case

Zero leads means authorities are asking for your help in the search for a missing Morton teenager. The Lewis County Sheriff’s Office is hoping for tips which might lead them to answers in the attempt to find Austin D. King. The 16 year old hasn’t been seen since June 23. King was last seen at 12:30 a.m. leaving for his room outside a home. Information can be passed along to Crimes Stoppers of Lewis County. The number is 800.748.6422 or on the Internet at lewiscountycrimestoppers.org.

http://www.kelaam.com/pages/localne...Missing-Morton-Te=1&blockID=264958&feedID=410

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back