Bring Kyron Home website shutting down

Status
Not open for further replies.

redkatrampant

Reaction score
I posted this in another thread and thought I would bring it up for everyone to see.
Woah I missed this.
http://www.katu.com/news/local/97449789.html?tab=video

about :34 into the video there is a comment that the Bring Kyron Home website will shut down by the end of the week.

http://web.me.com/owensfamily4/Bring_Kyron_Home/HOME.html

BUT this is part of their Statement:
"Also, we will be taking this site down at the end of the week. We feel we have been remiss at keeping it updated and really have no further plans to do anything more in terms of events or anything like bracelets, buttons, etc. We continue to hold out hope, but feel this website has ultimately served its purpose."

Take from that what you will.

I read that earlier. It leads us to believe that LE and the family may believe Kyron is deceased. How sad.

I'm a little confused as to how the website has served its purpose before the missing child has been brought home.

Also, I am sad to think about why they are so certain there will be no more events, etc. :(

ETA: Though, I do understand the rationale of "we don't have time to update it so it's better to drop it," esp in light of the existence of the KH FB page and media attention.

That's sad.
It feels like it's a cold case already and it's less than a month from the disappearance

I'm a little confused as to how the website has served its purpose before the missing child has been brought home.

Also, I am sad to think about why they are so certain there will be no more events, etc. :(

ETA: Though, I do understand the rationale of "we don't have time to update it so it's better to drop it," esp in light of the KH FB page and media attention.

I would wonder how they know to be so certain. Even if they don't have time to update it keep it out there. Unless....:(

Remember how they were certain Kyron wouldn't be home for Fathers Day?

I think the family has known that Kyron was dead for awhile now but you'd think they would at least keep it online until they find him.

Poor baby...it makes my heart hurt looking at this beautiful child & thinking someone could hurt him. :(

Wanted to add a question...Does anyone know if there has been any recent searches? (Sorry for not knowing but I've been really busy coaching softball) Is it possible that they found him & thats why the divorce/RO went down?

Has there been any items of interest discovered in this case yet? TIA

I would wonder how they know to be so certain. Even if they don't have time to update it keep it out there. Unless....:(

I don't know - to a certain extent, a website that isn't updated may actually be counter-productive in some ways, IMO. That depends on the content and function of the page, of course. If they wanted just a "tribute" style page on MySpace or something with the bare facts and LE contact, that could just stay up, but if they mean for it to be a live page they might feel it reflects poorly on them or the case if they don't maintain it.

They might feel they don't have the time or strength to do that, and that there is no call for it at this time given the constant updates on the Find Kyron page.

But, what this really says to me, despite their "holding out hope," is that they believe there will not be any witness testimony to come out and help them find their boy alive.

The pain is palpable in this action, IMO.

So very sad.

Remember how they were certain Kyron wouldn't be home for Fathers Day?

I think the family has known that Kyron was dead for awhile now but you'd think they would at least keep it online until they find him.

Poor baby...it makes my heart hurt looking at this beautiful child & thinking someone could hurt him. :(

Wanted to add a question...Does anyone know if there has been any recent searches? (Sorry for not knowing but I've been really busy coaching softball) Is it possible that they found him & thats why the divorce/RO went down?

Info on the searches can be found bunched here, I think:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106902"]All Kyron Horman Searches - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

In my honest personal opinion, I really don't think they would have found Kyron and not said something - or been able to keep it quiet this long.

I'm torn on this one. Apparently the website was put up by friends of Kaine's who live in Portland and are parents of young children. I get the impression that they just wanted to do something...anything...to help their friend and the website is what they came up with to do that.

I can understand not being able to update the website. They have busy lives of their own, I'm sure. But, for me, I would at the very least want to keep the website up with Kyron's story, photos and contact information. It doesn't have to be a dynamic, ever-changing, updated website. It can simply be a "This is Kyron...please don't forget him" website.

This further adds to the sadness :( that I have felt since yesterday afternoon. I'm having a difficult time reading about the case today and haven't spent much time here even though I'm aware of many developments in the past 24 hours.

Who was running that site?

From the site. ( link in OP)

We are friends of Kaine Horman. We went to high school with Kaine and now live in Portland. We are parents of young children. We are using our contacts both locally and within our SC alumni community to do whatever we can to bring Kyron home safely and soon. If you would like to contribute to our efforts, please rest assured that you can trust we will be good stewards with your donations. We have several projects on which we are currently working. We will keep you posted on these projects and any more ways that you can help the family here on this page.

Thank you for your support. We know the Horman family appreciates it.

Maybe the site admins feel this new development of it being a divorce scenario causes them to question if the site will just become more tabloid.They post new articles links and the articles are no longer about finding Kyron as much as who hid Kyron because of a divorce or did something worse to him,IMO.

Which is also causing many to question who did what,being both Terri and Kaine were emotionless at the pressers and Kaine didn't speak to Kyron as if he could be watching.Also,Desiree saying at the interviews Friday she's starting to get scared.Which made me feel she's thought he was hidden,but since he's not been brought back something could have been done to him.

This further adds to the sadness :( that I have felt since yesterday afternoon. I'm having a difficult time reading about the case today and haven't spent much time here even though I'm aware of many developments in the past 24 hours.

I have been so frustrated that I work a bit then come back to see if I missed anything. I on one hand feel like I may be grasping at straws with this, but on the other hand I thought it was significant.

I'm torn on this one. Apparently the website was put up by friends of Kaine's who live in Portland and are parents of young children. I get the impression that they just wanted to do something...anything...to help their friend and the website is what they came up with to do that.

I can understand not being able to update the website. They have busy lives of their own, I'm sure. But, for me, I would at the very least want to keep the website up with Kyron's story, photos and contact information. It doesn't have to be a dynamic, ever-changing, updated website. It can simply be a "This is Kyron...please don't forget him" website.

I agree. :(

this is tragic.....it should be kept up until he is home.

I, too, would like for them to keep up at least a pic and details page on him - even on MySpace, if they no longer want to host it in their own family's name (I assume that's what the URL suggests, anyway).

Otherwise, Winterrose, I think you are bang-on as to why they can't really keep an updated site any more - far too much drama, and not enough search info out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff