WV WV - Littleton, WhtFem 30-45, 56UFWV, upper denture, c-section scar, orange toe polish, Feb'83

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Doe Network:
Case File 56UFWV
http://doenetwork.org/cases/56ufwv.html

56UFWV1.jpg
56UFWV2.jpg

Sketches of Victim

Unidentified White Female
# Located on February 13, 1983 along US Route 250, near the town of Littleton, Wetzel County, West Virginia.
# Estimated Date of Death: Two days
# Cause of Death: Possible suffocation

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 30 - 40 years old
* Approximate Height and Weight: 5'5; 135 lbs.
* Distinguishing Characteristics: Medium length auburn hair, possibly brown eyes. Double pierced ears, orange-painted toenails. Shaved legs and underarms.
* Distinguishing Marks: Cesarean section scar, "cut" scar on left index finger.
* Clothing: No clothing located.
* Blood Type: ABO B
* Dentals: Available Victim had immediate type upper denture; #17, #18 and #32 of the lower mandible missing. On #19 Buccal pit amalgam and occlusal amalgam; on #30 MO amalgam and large Buccal amalgam pit; on #31 occlusal amalgam, slight mobility.

Case History
The victim was located near the town of Littleton, Wetzel County on February 13, 1983. An elderly couple spotted what they believed to be a body or mannequin lying in the snow over a hill.

The woman had been dead for two days but she was dropped off only a few hours before being found. Snow had fallen over the three previous days but there was no snow on top of the body, there were fresh tracks and footprints near the body.

It's possible that she may have worked at, frequented or lived near a bar in Wheeling. There appeared to be no evidence of a struggle or of sexual assault or signs of violence.

West Virginia State Police troopers were looking for a white male in his 40s in connection with the case. He described the man as weighing between 185 and 200 pounds and standing about 5 feet, 10 inches tall. The man was apparently spotted in the area where her body was found.

This woman strongly resembles the UID, and wears dentures.

Lola I Carney
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/carney_lola.html

56UFWV1.jpg
56UFWV2.jpg
carney_lola.jpg
carney_lola2.jpg

In this case, "Dentures" is written as a plural, presumably meaning top and bottom. (although the word is commonly spoken in the plural form, even if not referring to a set.) The UID wore only an upper denture.

The circumstances would seem to suggest that she was probably murdered on or about her date of last contact.

All in all, I would say no-match. But I am putting it up here for discussion.

BTW, I am currently unable to access NamUs, so I was unable to see what NamUs says with regard to these two cases.

ETA: Since the UID has a Cesarean scar, she has given birth, just as LIC has.

Wow those drawings are amazingly close to the pictures of Lola as is almost everything about the two women (ht, wt, etc).

It would fit with George saying Lola ran off with some guy. And then she ended up dead a few months later....maybe George found her?

I actually turned in a possible match to this UID two weeks ago to Annabelle Ludwig https://www.findthemissing.org/cases/5150/0/ After I sent it over to Namus, I realized that the UID had a "C" section scar and Annabelle had her children all naturally. It also did not list any dentals for Annabelle so i figured it was worth a shot either way.

I recieved an email back a few days later, they ruled out the UID and Annabelle by blood Type. Here's a snip of email.. missing Ludwig NamusMP #5150 and a doenetwork .org 56ufwv. Doenetwork 56ufwv was researched and descriptors reviewed and compared with descriptors of missing Ludwig. Ludwig had (O+) blood type according to Blanchard Valley Hospital records and 56UFWV had (ABO B) type blood which was not consistant with Ludwig. The physical / age comparison were consistant though. Ludwig was found to have no available dental records and 56UFWV had upper dentures. Ludwig was not known by family members to ever have been to a dentist or had dental work done. Missing Ludwig and janedoe 56UFWV do not appear to be consistant

Physically it looks possible, but the circumstances make it unlikely. Not impossible, though.

Barbara Shumac might be a consideration.

Venago Township is a bit of a stretch from where the UID was located. However I-70 which runs from Pittsburgh does intersect where the UID was located as well as 1-79 which is closer to Venego Township.

Listed a little "thin" in the missing persons report and "auburn hair" is listed instead of brown, but then again....that may be open to interpretation. Not making light of the situation, but it states she does have a history of mental illness which may equate to wandering/disorientation.

I did send an email to David Ray in PA who is handeling the case; NAMUS says dentals are available so this one should be relatively easy to "yay" or "nay

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/shumac_barbara.html

Barbara Shumac might be a consideration.

Venago Township is a bit of a stretch from where the UID was located. However I-70 which runs from Pittsburgh does intersect where the UID was located as well as 1-79 which is closer to Venego Township.

Listed a little "thin" in the missing persons report and "auburn hair" is listed instead of brown, but then again....that may be open to interpretation. Not making light of the situation, but it states she does have a history of mental illness which may equate to wandering/disorientation.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/shumac_barbara.html

I was looking pretty closely at Barbara's page too when looking for possibles. There isn't much info in her at all, so wasn't much to get real excited about, but nothing to rule her out either. Just because it doesn't say anything about dentures doesn't mean that she didn't wear them.

I was looking pretty closely at Barbara's page too when looking for possibles. There isn't much info in her at all, so wasn't much to get real excited about, but nothing to rule her out either. Just because it doesn't say anything about dentures doesn't mean that she didn't wear them.

I agree Carl; with dentals being listed available for both (Namus says Barbara's dental info is "available") it shouldn't be too difficult to get a yes or no. Here's to hoping for a timely reply from Mr. Ray....well at least until he gets back into the office...just received an automated reply...

"Ray, David A to me
show details 3:52 PM (3 minutes ago)

I am currently out of the office until 07/19/2010."

This woman strongly resembles the UID, and wears dentures.

Lola I Carney
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/c/carney_lola.html

56UFWV1.jpg
56UFWV2.jpg
carney_lola.jpg
carney_lola2.jpg

I have been trying to call this possible in for a few weeks, and I finally was able to speak with a detective who works with Corporal Henderson, who is in charge of this UID case. The detective indicated that he doesn't think that Lola Carney has been looked at, but I will have to talk to Corporal Henderson next week to be sure. In the meantime, I will contact the New Jersey authorities in charge of Lola's MP case and try to approach it from that angle as well.

The detective went on to say that the COD was most likely strangulation, and they are pretty sure the perp in this case is a Hare Krishna enforcer who is in prison for other murder convictions. The HK's had been recruiting women from Pittsburgh and the New York areas, and bringing the women into their sect in West Virginia. If the women would not cooperate after several months, they would be murdered.

The detective said that this HC enforcer had dismembered some of his other victims with a chainsaw (which they found in the trunk of his car), but for whatever reason, he did not dismember this victim. Instead, he discarded her body in the snow on the roadside.

ETA: I just spoke with Det. Barone of the East Greenwich Township PD. He was unaware of the West Virginia UID case. So I gave him the info, and he will look into it. He sounded genuinely interested.

ETA: Det. Barone called me back. He had tried to contact Corporal Henderson and found out (as I did) that he is out of the office until next week. He asked me to e-mail him the info on this UID.

I finally got ahold of Corporal Henderson, and spoke to him about this possible match. He couldn't find any indication of Lola Carney in his records and doesn't remember ever looking at her (although the case-file was too thick to verify for sure).

I tried to send him an e-mail and it bounced back to me undeliverable. So I directed him to the Charley Project page for Lola Carney. He did agree that Lola looks quite a bit like his UID, and wondered out loud why the NCIC system didn't propose Lola as a possible match.

I commented to him that her height was within an inch, her weight matched, her eye color, hair color, and hairstyle matched, she did wear dentures, she had given birth (although there was no indication of whether any of the births were by c-section), and they looked amazingly similar right down to the pointy nose.

I also indicated that although her husband was a suspect in her disappearance, it may be one of those cases where the husband was actually telling the truth. Maybe she did take off on her own accord.

He agreed that it was worth a look, and said that he would get right on it. I also gave him Det. Barone's name. Both he and Det. Barone sounded interested, so it appears that this will be pursued by at least one of the two.

I just spoke with Corporal Henderson. He says that he spoke with the New Jersey authorities, and they aren't too interested in pursuing this possible. I asked what it was that had them convinced that it wasn't a match, and he responded that they are fixated on the theory that Lola's husband has her "buried in their yard".

Corporal Henderson intends to follow this through, and since there is DNA on both cases, he has a call in to the lab to compare them. He expects to get an answer within the next week or so.

This is looking quite strong, actually. On the one hand the UID's circumstances are not consistent with the theory proposed by NJ authorities... but the Lola's circumstances are entirely consistent with the cult theory.

The victim was a mother who had presumably been recruited from the PA or NY areas. (If something happens in PA and NY, there is no reason why it wouldn't also happen in NJ). If she had given birth, she must have had some ties, somewhere, at some point.

The presumptive reason for the killing would be non-compliance after "several months." The time between Lola's disappearance and the UID's presumed date of death is essentially five months. (A murderous Hare Krishna enforcer sounds like the plot of a terrible movie but I digress...)

Lola allegedly left with $17k and a handgun. While that could be money for a hit and disposal of the body, it's also exactly the way someone joining a cult would behave - and fear of losing that $17k would be a very powerful reason for a violent cult to murder her.

Carl, did you ever hear anything back on this one?

No, I didn't get a final rule-out. The detective in charge of Lola's MP case was sure it wasn't her. The last I heard from the WV Detective (Corporal Henderson), he was going to contact the Univ of N. Texas to get a manual DNA comparison. But I left a few more messages that he never returned.

Since then, I noticed that there was a postmortem photo available, and although the photo is taken from a bad angle, and the body is in very poor condition, and not very suitable for comparisons, I do see some differences in the bridges of their noses, and the UID's eyebrows are thicker (although that is not a reliable basis for a rule-out).

WARNING POSTMORTEM PHOTO AT LINK BELOW

http://i1354.photobucket.com/albums...em Photos/2741604970045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Nevertheless, I would like to see a definite rule-out. Maybe I should try calling him again.

My name is Judy Beaty Doe. I was adopted by a wonderful couple in 1993. When they read about my tragic death, they leapt into action. They didn’t want to see me without a proper burial. So they donated a family plot. But that’s not all. They made sure I had the best burial anyone could ask for. All the services were donated: the flowers, the minister, the marker and even the funeral home donated their services. It was amazing. I had 27 people attend my memorial service.

http://canyouidentifyme.blogspot.com/2011/11/judy-beaty-doe-adopted-in-death.html

Saw this and wanted to share the adoption story. It touched my heart.

Thought I'd see if anything had been posted online for tips for the anniversary of being found,yesterday, and saw she has been added to namus and it was updated yesterday.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/14234

Estimated age Adult
Minimum age 30 years
Maximum age 45 years
Race White
Ethnicity
Sex Female
Weight (pounds) 135, Estimated
Height (inches) 66, Measured

All parts recovered Not recognizable - Decomposing/putrefaction
Probable year of death 1983 to 1983
Estimated postmortem interval 3 Days

Hair color Red/Auburn

Left eye color Unknown or Missing
Right eye color Unknown or Missing

Scars and marks
Scar on Abdomen, Scar on Left Ankle and Left Finger

Piercings Double Pierced Ears

Finger and toe nails
Orange Toenail Polish

Other distinctive physical characteristics
Mole on Chest

No clothing or accessories
7 to 7 1/2 shoe size

Fingerprints

Dental
Status: Dental information / charting is available and entered

DNA

[FONT=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]I'm not sure who would be interested in seeing this. I am new to webslueths and wanted to share a video and a new channel based on WV unsolved murders, and people. Please, if you have a moment, I'd appreciate it being passed on and hopefully help identify her.[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
I came across this woman missing since Dec 1982 Her height is off by an inch but she has a C section and her age is in the rage.. It does not mention anything on dentures though.. and says her eyes are Blue.. but the UID said eyes Possible Brown... I just thought I would post her anyway because she looked a bit similar to me and I did not find much info on her other than she was last seen.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/3208dfil.html

ame: Linda H. Seymour
Case Classification: Endangered Missing
Missing Since: December 21, 1982
Location Last Seen: Northbrook, Cook County, Illinois
Physical Description
Date of Birth: circa 1947
Race: White
Height: 5'2" - 5'4"
Weight: 110 - 120 lbs.
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Blue
Nickname/Alias: Unknown
Distinguishing Marks/Features: Scar on abdomen
Identifiers
Dentals: Available
Fingerprints: Not Available
DNA: Available
Clothing & Personal Items
Clothing: Unknown
Jewelry: Unknown
Additional Personal Items: Thick brown frame glasses
Circumstances of Disappearance
Seymour was last seen on December 21, 1982, at approximately 2:30 pm in Northbrook, IL. She has not been seen nor heard from since.

LSeymour_LARGE[1].jpgJudy Beaty Doe West Virgina 1983 a[1].jpeg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rainydaze17
Back